996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Greddy Profec B's - Who's using them and your Specs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 07:38 PM
Banned
Sonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud of
Jag, search button is your friend!!

Old 03-30-2008, 04:34 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
I have used the hks before and like it, the greedy is really easy to use once setup. Setup is mostly an experience thing. All the other like blitz, apexi, and hks require similar setup. Also on a cost basis greddy is based bang for the buck.

Old 04-03-2008, 10:28 AM
Former Vendor
johnb@macarbon is a splendid one to beholdjohnb@macarbon is a splendid one to beholdjohnb@macarbon is a splendid one to beholdjohnb@macarbon is a splendid one to beholdjohnb@macarbon is a splendid one to beholdjohnb@macarbon is a splendid one to beholdjohnb@macarbon is a splendid one to behold
Mounting

Interesting to see this thread on the GReddy unit pop up. We are doing a custom mount for a customer in the 996 batwing. Attached is a photo of it after we chopped the batwing to fit. It begins the carbon process in the next day or so. It will be sweet once its done.

John

Attached Images  
Old 04-03-2008, 10:38 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
We have installed some Greddy units in the bat wing on customer cars. You just cut and modify the piece. Here is the issue though. They are to low to be looking at the boost while driving. If you needed to adjust anything, lever cannot be in 1,3, or 5th as it is to close. It looks clean there without a doubt. Optimal place for those that want to monitor would be below the center vents, on top of the steering column, or taped to your chest

Old 04-03-2008, 01:41 PM
John D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to behold
I agree with Dan on this...

John, Do you remember this one?

I will be doing the brockway too, but not until the new version is out...

Last edited by John D; 04-03-2008 at 07:10 PM.
Old 04-03-2008, 03:30 PM
Former Vendor
I like the valentine setup there. On my old 996C2 I had it close to that. I always found myself again looking down, so I gave up and went back to the window mount. On Bullrun last year, apparently it is illegal to have a Radar Detector. I know I got a ticket So this idea is good. Here is a bad pic of my EBC Mounted. You can see it peaking out right about the steering wheel right spoke -

Valetine setup on my 996C2 -

Old 04-03-2008, 05:56 PM
Former Vendor
johnb@macarbon is a splendid one to beholdjohnb@macarbon is a splendid one to beholdjohnb@macarbon is a splendid one to beholdjohnb@macarbon is a splendid one to beholdjohnb@macarbon is a splendid one to beholdjohnb@macarbon is a splendid one to beholdjohnb@macarbon is a splendid one to behold
John, I do rememember that one! Its always nice them see it out in the wild. Although, we do have a Brockway panel sitting on the shelf......

Old 04-03-2008, 06:19 PM
jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !
John how much for the carbon batwing setup for a greddy

Old 04-03-2008, 06:27 PM
Former Vendor
We're not really sure yet. It takes a bit of time to cut the hole nicely. We'll see how much time it adds to the carbon process - since the hole is not as regular as a factory one, it may take more time to make it look good.

We are also doing a Valentine 1 in a 2-hole batwing right now. I'm excited to see how that turns out.

Old 04-03-2008, 06:43 PM
ihatepotholes is infamous around these partsihatepotholes is infamous around these parts
this particular boost controller will have different readings on different cars... best way to tune it is on an open road, start with low boost and tune it up graduatly

Old 04-04-2008, 09:12 AM
Former Vendor
potholes, you are very right. We always tune ours on the road and dyno to make sure it is exact. We start with some basic settings and adjust from there so the boost comes on strong.

Old 04-04-2008, 09:27 AM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Does anyone have any experience with the HKS boost controllers?

Old 04-05-2008, 01:19 AM
chidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the rough
did you guys consider aem tru boost?

Old 04-05-2008, 07:25 AM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
A group buy for the batwing for the greedy and I am in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-05-2008, 09:29 AM
Former Vendor
We are going to see how much time the carbon takes compared to a normal batwing. We already have the time it takes to cut the hole. Once we have that, we'll announce a price. If anyone has a dead GReedy let me know. If we have to buy a new one then that impacts the price.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Greddy Profec B's - Who's using them and your Specs