996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Ruf Tuning

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 12:09 AM
Schuepbach is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by dreamtripper
Adam - do you have the Ruf 550 or 590 package? Did you do anything else to your car apart from the engine mods?
he has the 550 package

Old 04-03-2008, 12:12 AM
AdamT has a spectacular aura aboutAdamT has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by dreamtripper
Adam - do you have the Ruf 550 or 590 package? Did you do anything else to your car apart from the engine mods?
When we shot that video the car was a standard 550.

I guess other significant things to mention are the big ruf wing and the front aerokit, and the ruf 19s.

Old 04-03-2008, 04:02 AM
mishref is infamous around these parts
How is the resale value on Ruf tuned cars? The price difference could be worth the extra initial cost.

Old 04-03-2008, 09:31 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PAULIEWALNUTS
Scott good hearing from you. Hope everything is going well.
You too, Paulie. I hope all is well with you and your family.

Old 04-04-2008, 05:14 PM
Porsche Fiend
Hamann7 is infamous around these partsHamann7 is infamous around these parts
Sometimes in life you get what you pay for.

There is a reason why even the Porsche family has cars built or modified by Ruf.

It is the only tuner with the factory's full blessing.

I believe it was Walter Rohrl who once said that the only tuners that really improve Porsche road cars were Manthey and Ruf.

I once had a Protomotive car that was very fast. However, it was quite unrefined. Different strokes for different folks. If given the choice, I would much rather have a Ruf RT-12. For many customers, there's more to a tuning package than just pure numbers. Also, I think Ruf is one of the few packages that add to your resale value rather than detract from it.

For me, Ruf is about as close to factory as you can get.

Old 04-04-2008, 05:17 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Hamann7
Also, I think Ruf is one of the few packages that add to your resale value rather than detract from it.
Nobody can argue that. Good points.

Old 04-04-2008, 05:18 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
For many whom seek pure performace, trying to get as far as possible from factory is the goal.

Old 04-04-2008, 08:55 PM
hesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nice
I believe it was Walter Rohrl who once said that the only tuners that really improve Porsche road cars were Manthey and Ruf.
That is true. I know because he said it to ME, during one of the two occassions when I was fortunate enough to have conversations with the man (during some Porsche sponsored events).

To be fair to Proto, EvoMS and many other US-based tuners, I'm pretty sure that Herr Rohrl has not experienced any of their cars. But nevertheless, for WR to tell a journalist (I used to write for a car magazine for sh*ts and giggles,) during a Porsche factory event, that there are two companies out there that know how to make a Porsche even better overall than when it left the factory, says a lot to me!

Cheers

Old 04-04-2008, 10:21 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !

There is a reason why even the Porsche family has cars built or modified by Ruf.

It is the only tuner with the factory's full blessing.

I once had a Protomotive car that was very fast. However, it was quite unrefined. Different strokes for different folks. If given the choice, I would much rather have a Ruf RT-12. For many customers, there's more to a tuning package than just pure numbers. Also, I think Ruf is one of the few packages that add to your resale value rather than detract from it.

For me, Ruf is about as close to factory as you can get.
I must agree... I am not here to argue, praise what I have bought or anything. We all know where that goes, but also in regards to the numbers on these compiled lists, there aren't enough of these car's tested to directly pass judgement that that's what these car's are solely capable of doing.

I promised myself and Scott that I will get my 60-130's soon, now with my 335 R888's I only have wheelspin when cold, when they heat up I can hook in 1st, I can't wait to get some acceleration numbers to share with everyone, I have NO SHAME to do so since my car belongs on the road course, and hence why I will be Club Racing and doing as many DE's as I can get in!

I will say this. Every person who drove my car at the track/street and so on, could not believe how stock the car felt as far as clutch feel/idle and NO RATTLES from their LWFW setup, the throttle response and linear powerband that feels almost NA, and the fact that I can run it all day long at the track with no issues at all (but hey, there were so many damn tuner car's there and all ran like a champ)

Different strokes for different folks. I would never ever pay 70k for my setup before I bought it, but now I see why it's worth every damn penny, still I don't think I could justify it enough as I don't have the disposable income like that, I learned from 45+ grand in my M3 that went down the drain once I sold it! But hey, it's worth it if you have it!

Old 04-04-2008, 10:31 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
There is good and bad with every product you buy. You just hope to get more good than bad.
Cheers
Robert

Old 04-04-2008, 11:12 PM
Former Vendor
dk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud of
i think it is safe to say that you are definitely paying for the RUF name. RUF has been around a long time and is arguably the best is terms of delivering a complete package. but with all that is available today, there are many good tuners that are definitely delivering more bang for the buck.

Old 04-05-2008, 07:27 AM
when ever you want to sell you 05 CGT pm me please
Robert

Old 04-05-2008, 09:11 AM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
If anyone has a Enzo for sale please pm me.

Last edited by PAULIEWALNUTS; 04-05-2008 at 11:02 AM.
Old 04-05-2008, 02:52 PM
Porsche Fiend
Hamann7 is infamous around these partsHamann7 is infamous around these parts
The American tuners have come a long way, no doubt. But I really doubt Mr. Rohrl would put any of them in the same echelon as Manthey or Ruf. You can see the difference in engineering and the way the packages are put together, as these tuners often use OEM suppliers to make their parts for perfect factory fit.

If you want to detract from factory for so-called performance, for me personally I would get a better car for drag racing or freeway pulls like a Corvette, Viper, or Supra. To me, a Porsche should be about balanced performance and refined feel in power delivery and engine flexibility.

Another great tuning company is RS Tuning... they are probably the leaders when it comes to building racing Porsches.

Old 04-06-2008, 01:08 PM
hugo is infamous around these partshugo is infamous around these parts
was reading all the previous posts on this thread and tell you what,i have 2 Rufs of 10 years and about 130 HP difference between them(a 2007 Rt12 and a 1997 CTR2) both are far from being garage queens and are driven hard and frquently,deliver amazing performance and you couldn't tell the age difference between them based on quality solidity and lack of rattles,not taking into account even older Rufs than mine (CTRs BTRs etc) show me another tuner that can show same durability and consistency.

All that cumulated through the years proven performance,not forgetting Ruf guarantee,gives you the best nubers and quality full package you can get

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ruf Tuning