996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

RPM News! Eddie Bello breaks 1200rwhp barrier!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 07:47 AM
m3jasper is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Highhats
man this thread makes me want to be a mechanic that works on my car everyday. I want my own shop so I can call my Daily project my daily driver. Cant wait to have my car back. Last time I checked a Daily Driver doesnt get worked on at a shop Daily.

S

The car is fast though...you can't knock on the 226.8mph at the TX Mile! I'm honestly just curious to see the difference in power from a Dyno Dynamics to a Dynojet, as it's a highly discussed topic.

Old 04-03-2008, 07:47 AM
Highhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Maciej@RPM
It was done on a DynoDynamics setup, he just sent me the picture and then called me late last night to tell me.

no no no It was done on THEshopCT's Dyno Dynamics. This is an ego boosting dyno. off by 13 percent to a hi reading dynojet.

S

Last edited by Highhats; 04-03-2008 at 07:51 AM.
Old 04-03-2008, 07:51 AM
m3jasper is infamous around these parts
no no no I twas done on THEshopCT Dyno Dynamics. This is an ego boosting dyno. off by 13 percent to a hi reading dynojet.

S
Yeah, just like Jimmy's Vette. It put down 600 on his Dyno Dynamics and then only made 518rwhp SAE on the dynojet. That's a huge difference...

Old 04-03-2008, 07:55 AM
Highhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by m3jasper

The car is fast though...you can't knock on the 226.8mph at the TX Mile! I'm honestly just curious to see the difference in power from a Dyno Dynamics to a Dynojet, as it's a highly discussed topic.

Yeah dude his car is sick. I mean ****... If that was my profession I think my car would be that ridiculous as well. Again Im so sad to be behind a comp trying to pay my bills. LOL

SOMEONE SPONSOR MY CAR. So I CAN DO 230 in the MILE. Any Takers?

Old 04-03-2008, 08:29 AM
Brett B is infamous around these parts
man this thread makes me want to be a mechanic that works on my car everyday. I want my own shop so I can call my Daily project my daily driver. Cant wait to have my car back. Last time I checked a Daily Driver doesnt get worked on at a shop Daily.

S
What are you complaining about? If he drives the car to work every day, then certainly he could call it a daily driver all he wants. I'm sure that Eddie has plenty of customer cars to work on every day as well, so who cares if he tweeks on his car more then the average P-car owner. So exactly how many times a week are you allowed to work on your car before it can no longer be called a daily driver?

Old 04-03-2008, 08:43 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Highhats, you are kidding right?

No other Porsche Tuner, Shop Car or customer car has even come close.
Your car should break 200 mph easy but will it do 210??

Give it a shot next year!! Remember a Car like a Heffner TT Viper that put out 1212 rwhp at the TX2K8 went "only" 205 mph at the mile this year.

It takes more than "owning your own shop"

No offense intended but Jeezzzzzzzz

MK

Old 04-03-2008, 08:49 AM
My concern is not the times. Its these BS graphs that always pop up. Eddie is an amazing driver and his 226 and crazy 1/4 mile ET's I super respect. BUT....NO HI HP PORSCHE weather it be Eddie or any PROTOMOTIVE car is willing to go on a mustang dyno and get there heart broken. It is silly to me at this point. Plus this is an aircooled porsche bragging on a watercooled 996tt thread. RU KIDDING ME. I want to know about Tims car. not Eddies. PS if I was a mechanic and working on my car everyday as a mechanic my car would have been over 1200hp long time ago. A mistake I cant take back now can I? I Went into IT to pay for these expensive projects.

PS to be honest with you I would be honored to have someone liek Eddie drive my car at the texas mile in October. he obviously can drive but these graphs are bogus.

Next year?!?!?!?! try october Ill be there with the rest of RPM in sure.

S

Old 04-03-2008, 08:53 AM
Originally Posted by Brett B
What are you complaining about? If he drives the car to work every day, then certainly he could call it a daily driver all he wants. I'm sure that Eddie has plenty of customer cars to work on every day as well, so who cares if he tweeks on his car more then the average P-car owner. So exactly how many times a week are you allowed to work on your car before it can no longer be called a daily driver?

I guess then any car that is street legal is a daily driver huh? This is a fine line that can easily be discussed in a new 6speed thread if u like. My Definition of a street car/Daily Driver is a Catted vehicle that can pass emissions.

PS so easy to shut me up go on a dyno I pick for free and post findings thats it.

Last edited by Highhats; 04-03-2008 at 08:56 AM.
Old 04-03-2008, 08:55 AM
str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !
My concern is not the times. Its these BS graphs that always pop up. Eddie is an amazing driver and his 226 and crazy 1/4 mile ET's I super respect. BUT....NO HI HP PORSCHE weather it be Eddie or any PROTOMOTIVE car is willing to go on a mustang dyno and get there heart broken.
S
Suman... there is a MAHA dyno here locally that is even more of a heartbreaker then the Mustang Dyno's... gives super accurate Crank Hp readings too. We recently dyno'd a Carrera GT and it was Spot on from what the factory claims. Maybe we can set up a dyno day? Regardless Eddie's numbers are impressive... congrats to eddie and crew.

Old 04-03-2008, 08:57 AM
gavin18t is infamous around these parts
Sick numbers! X-factor or no? I got a dynojet waiting for the Bello touch... I hope you get into the 8's this year.

S

I dont see why he cant get his car into the 8's. afterall he did go faster than a 8sec supra in the mile.

Old 04-03-2008, 09:02 AM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by gavin18t
I dont see why he cant get his car into the 8's. afterall he did go faster than a 8sec supra in the mile.

I remember back in 1995 when I saw Eddie and Jimmy run there P cars against each other at Atco for the first time. This guy is def a legend I hope he gets into the 8's. I understand his desire to keep going back to jimmys dyno for the fact its free and the dyno he has tuned on from the beginning... but the car is RWD it can be put on any dyno in the matter of minutes. I just want to see it done thats it.

PS Marty I never said anything about owning a shop rather being an actual mechanic instead of a computer mechanic so I could freely take my ride to levels I can only dream of right now. LOL

Old 04-03-2008, 09:11 AM
gavin18t is infamous around these parts

S
Sounds like you hating to me...I've seen this car for myself with Tito driving it everywhere. It is a true daily driver if you ask me or anyone else that seen his car unlike your car that is currently parked. If you ask me ur car is the shop car because its always parked and getting work done to it.

Old 04-03-2008, 09:12 AM
Originally Posted by str8blst
Suman... there is a MAHA dyno here locally that is even more of a heartbreaker then the Mustang Dyno's... gives super accurate Crank Hp readings too. We recently dyno'd a Carrera GT and it was Spot on from what the factory claims. Maybe we can set up a dyno day? Regardless Eddie's numbers are impressive... congrats to eddie and crew.

WHO KMD lol?!?!!? no thanks I went there a couple years ago and the shop was a mess and they were just trying to sell anything to anyone(they just picked up dahlback USA at that point). I used to have an Audi RS6. Actually I saw some poor kid come into ICS a couple days ago and his Dahlback turbo'ed RS6 put down less power then my OCT stage 2 chip and exhaust powered Rs6. His car put down 396/420 (should have been well over the 500awhp range and its a 30k dollar kit) and my only chipped and exhaust rs6 with stock turbos put down 418/426. LOL. Dyno or not I dont trust that shop to tie my car up and run it. Maybe if my car was RWD and I can do the pull myself. If its another shop excuse the KMD comment.

Last edited by Highhats; 04-03-2008 at 09:15 AM.
Old 04-03-2008, 09:21 AM
str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !
WHO KMD lol?!?!!? no thanks I went there a couple years ago and the shop was a mess and they were just trying to sell anything to anyone(they just picked up dahlback USA at that point). I used to have an Audi RS6. Actually I saw some poor kid come into ICS a couple days ago and his Dahlback turbo'ed RS6 put down less power then my OCT stage 2 chip and exhaust powered Rs6. His car put down 396/420 (should have been well over the 500awhp range and its a 30k dollar kit) and my only chipped and exhaust rs6 with stock turbos put down 418/426. LOL. Dyno or not I dont trust that shop to tie my car up and run it. Maybe if my car was RWD and I can do the pull myself. If its another shop excuse the KMD comment.
yes it is KMD and they have moved into a NEW facility. Revo and MAHA themselves have been at the shop on and off for the past few months dynoing and showing the crew how to run the dyno safely. regardless... the MAHA is probably one of the most accurate dynos around. Danny dyno'd a Carrera GT and numerous 996TT's there so I think he will be fine with your car....

Old 04-03-2008, 09:25 AM
Originally Posted by str8blst
yes it is KMD and they have moved into a NEW facility. Revo and MAHA themselves have been at the shop on and off for the past few months dynoing and showing the crew how to run the dyno safely. regardless... the MAHA is probably one of the most accurate dynos around. Danny dyno'd a Carrera GT and numerous 996TT's there so I think he will be fine with your car....

I really hope they fix this kids car at no cost if there ballin' like that. Other then that when the car comes home Im game. Set up a porsche dyno day.

S

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: RPM News! Eddie Bello breaks 1200rwhp barrier!