996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

RPM News! Eddie Bello breaks 1200rwhp barrier!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 09:25 AM
roadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to behold
Congrats you guys. That car is amazing.

Old 04-03-2008, 09:32 AM
Jesus is infamous around these parts
I still remember in the mid 1990's how Eddie used to drive his P-car all the way from NY to Palm Beach for the race events, then drive home without hesitations. Definately impressive and eye catching car.

-Jesus

Old 04-03-2008, 09:33 AM
Highhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs up

Damn Jesus ,

I want your cars.... just wow!!!!!!!!!

S

Old 04-03-2008, 09:46 AM
m3jasper is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Jesus
I still remember in the mid 1990's how Eddie used to drive his P-car all the way from NY to Palm Beach for the race events, then drive home without hesitations. Definately impressive and eye catching car.

-Jesus
I heard that he drove his car out to Texas last year, did he do the same this year?

Old 04-03-2008, 10:38 AM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Sonny
Yeap, air cooled Porsches still rule.,cheers, Sonny.

That's right.Especially the modded ones.

Old 04-03-2008, 11:59 AM
LiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Highhats
I guess then any car that is street legal is a daily driver huh? This is a fine line that can easily be discussed in a new 6speed thread if u like. My Definition of a street car/Daily Driver is a Catted vehicle that can pass emissions.

PS so easy to shut me up go on a dyno I pick for free and post findings thats it.

Your drinking way to much Hatorade.... We all know your coming out with a big build soon..........maybe you should dyno your car at the same place?

Old 04-03-2008, 12:01 PM
Brett B is infamous around these parts
I guess then any car that is street legal is a daily driver huh? This is a fine line that can easily be discussed in a new 6speed thread if u like. My Definition of a street car/Daily Driver is a Catted vehicle that can pass emissions.

Try again, I never said a thing about every street legal car automatically being a daily driver, those are your words not mine. My P-car is street legal, but I don't drive it to work daily because I choose not to, therefore I don’t call it my daily driver.

Daily driver means “I drive this car to work every day.” Nothing more, nothing less. If Eddie drives his car to work every day, then he has every right to call it his daily driver, regardless of what stipulations it needs to meet to make you happy. The fact that he drove the car from NY to Texas last year, ran 219 mph, and then drove home, speaks volumes to the streetable abilities of his car.

PS if I was a mechanic and working on my car everyday as a mechanic my car would have been over 1200hp long time ago.

Well that is quite an audacious statement.

Old 04-03-2008, 12:06 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Suman I don't think he is concerned with having his "heart broken" on a different more "accurate" dyno just ran a 226.xx in the Mile, it speaks VOLUMES itself!

Old 04-03-2008, 04:02 PM
Banned
Maciej@RPM is infamous around these parts
PS if I was a mechanic and working on my car everyday as a mechanic my car would have been over 1200hp long time ago. A mistake I cant take back now can I? I Went into IT to pay for these expensive projects.
No.. unless you are talking about crank horsepower, then we should mathematically calculate Tito's horsepower

In all seriousness here. Numbers don't lie, lets cast horsepower numbers aside here and talk about the important ones, mile per hour, in the mile the car did 226.8, if I remember correctly Tommy Bahn's Supra made what, nearly 1200rwhp and pulled .8 slower than Tito this time around.

Fact of the matter is, no one else has put down anywhere near the performance in a Porsche that Eddie has.

...point proven...

Also who ever said that the car needs to pass inspection, in Florida, Eddie's car is 100% legal, I know because I was there to register it

Old 04-03-2008, 04:27 PM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
Couple points of confusion here on this thread:

1. What 8 second Supra did Eddie run faster than at the TX Mile? The only 8 second Supra there was SW driving the BoostLogic car that went 229.8 at base boost.

2. Tommy was not running 1200 rwhp at the Mile this year and had several issues which kept him from getting a clean run. In any event, it's a moot point as Tommy has gone faster already...

Cheers and good luck, hope you make it to TX2K9...

Peter

Old 04-03-2008, 04:42 PM
Highhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to behold
Another fine line with the daily driver. HES A MECHANIC. HE WORKS ON HIS DAILY CAR DAILY! I'm not so a daily driver would be a car for me to drive to work(computer job). Like I said I wish I was a mechanic so I can work on my car and make it ridiculous. I guess only a street car could be my Daily for if I pulled up to the office with straight pipes and huge whistling turbos I would have problems.

S

Old 04-03-2008, 04:46 PM
Originally Posted by Maciej@RPM
No.. unless you are talking about crank horsepower, then we should mathematically calculate Tito's horsepower

In all seriousness here. Numbers don't lie, lets cast horsepower numbers aside here and talk about the important ones, mile per hour, in the mile the car did 226.8, if I remember correctly Tommy Bahn's Supra made what, nearly 1200rwhp and pulled .8 slower than Tito this time around.

Fact of the matter is, no one else has put down anywhere near the performance in a Porsche that Eddie has.

...point proven...

Also who ever said that the car needs to pass inspection, in Florida, Eddie's car is 100% legal, I know because I was there to register it
Fact is this is the 996tt Watercooled board and every few weeks we get an update of how this aircooled beast (which has been making crazy power since the mid 90's) is doing. Like I said earlier I rather see an accomplishment thread on Tims car a 996TT(im super interested about!). Save the power bragging for the correct board. Only connection to his car I have is this dyno that reads F'ed up. Thats it! Doesn't need its own thread. Theres 3 on the tx2k8!

S

Last edited by Highhats; 04-03-2008 at 04:53 PM.
Old 04-03-2008, 05:08 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
UT....NO HI HP PORSCHE weather it be Eddie or any PROTOMOTIVE car is willing to go on a mustang dyno and get there heart broken
Suman, you are really starting to **** me off. Take this as fair warning from a moderator that is getting extremely tired of your mouth.

Old 04-03-2008, 05:23 PM
Noah is infamous around these parts
if I was a mechanic and working on my car everyday as a mechanic my car would have been over 1200hp long time ago. S
Assuming you had Eddie's talents and could weld without setting your security blanket afire then, yes, I believe you could.

Congratulations, Eddie. Another great performance!

Old 04-03-2008, 05:58 PM
jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Suman, you are really starting to **** me off. Take this as fair warning from a moderator that is getting extremely tired of your mouth.
Scott,

its a easy fix. Someone please just take one of these high powered cars to a mustang or dynojet. It would be interesting just to see is there are ANY differences. Hey Im looking for a local hub dyno for my car just to see if there are any differences.

Jag

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: RPM News! Eddie Bello breaks 1200rwhp barrier!