996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

RPM News! Eddie Bello breaks 1200rwhp barrier!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 08:45 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by robmd99
Wow
Jealousy is a waste of energy...

Agreed.

Old 04-03-2008, 08:46 PM
Banned
Sonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by robmd99
Wow
Jealousy is a waste of energy...

Damn right it is! Now this air vs water thing is like Democrats vs Republicans all of them have a story., Cheers.

Old 04-03-2008, 08:46 PM
Highhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs up

I am super jealous! I haven't had my car in forever. Rob you should know better then anyone. I cant believe this dyno thing is getting so out of hand. I respectfully apologize to you HI HP Proto cars. Just wanted something substantial for me to compare to. But I guess that will be 60-130's and 1/4 mile trap speeds.

Old 04-03-2008, 08:56 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Highhats
I am super jealous! I haven't had my car in forever. Rob you should know better then anyone. I cant believe this dyno thing is getting so out of hand. I respectfully apologize to you HI HP Proto cars. Just wanted something substantial for me to compare to. But I guess that will be 60-130's and 1/4 mile trap speeds.
The stuff that actually requires driving and skill jk Suman...

But yea, dyno's are weak, Bello has done such impressive things, seeing his 226+ mph run in a car driven to and from the event, made me say wow not this dyno!

Old 04-03-2008, 10:35 PM
m3jasper is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Maciej@RPM
And those are the numbers that don't lie.
It would be awesome to know what his 60-130 times where during the runs at the TX Mile this year...

He needs to borrow someone's P-Box...

Old 04-03-2008, 11:04 PM
TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !
Who cares about air cooled vs. water cooled? I don't understand the arguement. I think it's an amazing story. The little I've read about Eddie Bello, leads me to believe he is a true Porsche fan, and a charismatic individual. The smile he had on his face during his dyno run is priceless. Hopefully he stops hurting himself riding bikes, and continues exceeding all expectations. Congratulations Mr. Bello.

Old 04-04-2008, 09:01 AM
DERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of light
Wow, well if there was one thing I learned from 20 years of pro racing it was "never publish your dyno numbers, just win at the track" All it ever did was stir up a TON of useless bull****....LOL... Hell I would have let a dyno video of around 800 whp leek, then run a 228 if you really want to drive guys nuts.

Amazing power and kudos on driving the car to Texas......

Old 04-04-2008, 12:21 PM
roadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to behold
There is plenty of non-P car stuff in this subforum because it is THE place for powerheads. I'm glad to see this car here, aircooled or not.

What doesn't belong is all the sour grapes, hate, ignorance and naivety posted by HighHats (Suman). It's about time he got called on it. I have started many replies to his BS posts and then stopped, realizing it is a huge watse of time...kind of like trying to debate a drunk person.

Old 04-04-2008, 12:29 PM
Highhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by roadsterdoc
There is plenty of non-P car stuff in this subforum because it is THE place for powerheads. I'm glad to see this car here, aircooled or not.

What doesn't belong is all the sour grapes, hate, ignorance and naivety posted by HighHats (Suman). It's about time he got called on it. I have started many replies to his BS posts and then stopped, realizing it is a huge watse of time...kind of like trying to debate a drunk person.

This is a forum you guys think everything is supposed to be cherry in a forum. Its called a debate. I apologized but hey if you want to keep on it be my guest. You wont make me cry.

Every other day in each porsche board on this forum there another thing about RPM and bellos car. TO BAD RPM NEVER EVEN BUILT THAT CAR Eddie built it himself no help of theres. Like I said they should talk about cars they built not ones built else where.

Last edited by Highhats; 04-04-2008 at 12:33 PM.
Old 04-04-2008, 12:49 PM
TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by roadsterdoc
Okay, I'll admit the same move. The word relentless comes to mind.

Old 04-04-2008, 12:51 PM
Jean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond repute
Maciej

Do you guys have the time or data from 0-300kph (0-186mph)? You migh thav beaten the Porsche world record. Excellent run, congratulations.

Old 04-04-2008, 12:54 PM
Banned
Maciej@RPM is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Jean
Maciej

Do you guys have the time or data from 0-300kph (0-186mph)? You migh thav beaten the Porsche world record. Excellent run, congratulations.
I'm not sure whether or not we have that data since I wasn't there. I'll ask Eddie when I get the chance.

Old 04-04-2008, 01:03 PM
Jean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks, I am sure he must have the data, if he could post a snapshot it would be great, he should claim what belongs to him if he got those times!

Old 04-04-2008, 03:15 PM
Banned
Staff@RPM is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Highhats
Fact is this is the 996tt Watercooled board and every few weeks we get an update of how this aircooled beast (which has been making crazy power since the mid 90's) is doing. Like I said earlier I rather see an accomplishment thread on Tims car a 996TT(im super interested about!). Save the power bragging for the correct board. Only connection to his car I have is this dyno that reads F'ed up. Thats it! Doesn't need its own thread. Theres 3 on the tx2k8!

S
If it wasnt for a loose pin in the motor harness which was the cause of my bank 2 cyl 6 misfire, and the cause of me not being able to run it as hard as I would have liked, You would be seeing a thread on the speed that I hit at the mile.

Unfortunately, It will have to wait for another day. Stay tuned for some 1/4 mile runs from me and I am contemplating on doing the Maxton mile because I am just not satisfied with all the effort we put in, the car deserves to stretch its legs.

P.S The trigger is cheap so to all who do a build put one in! Mine had 76k on it.

Old 04-04-2008, 04:26 PM
Banned
Staff@RPM is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by m3jasper
It would be awesome to know what his 60-130 times where during the runs at the TX Mile this year...

He needs to borrow someone's P-Box...
Hi... I tried to stay out of this thread but here I am! The sort answer is that at TX there is no traction to be had...... Tommy and his outstanding Supra were running F1 tires that stick like fly paper and he also can not stop burning them. Eddie was sideways in 4th at over 150+ on more than one run. At the drag strip he pulls from 0 to 130 in 6.1 sec. and that is in the1/8 mile mark.
Hope this helps,
Tim

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: RPM News! Eddie Bello breaks 1200rwhp barrier!