996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Golf Bags, Roll Bars & Subs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 03:21 PM
RiA
RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !
Golf Bags, Roll Bars & Subs

Anyone able to get a full set of clubs behind their front seats while having a roll bar installed?

If so, which bar and how difficult is it to get the clubs in and out?

Also - does your bar work with factory subs?

Hoping but doubtful...

Old 04-03-2008, 03:44 PM
AboxsterS is infamous around these parts
Though not quite the same situation as you, I actually have a cab where if I take out the driver and woods, the bag lays across the rear seats folded down. I then just put the driver and woods in the back (usually with the "heads" on the floor behind the front seats ).

Old 04-03-2008, 04:20 PM
MikeR is infamous around these parts
My golf bag rides as a front passenger. I couldn't get it behind the front seats, but then again I didn't try real hard. I just tilt the seat all the way back and use a blanket/towel to lay on the seat.

Old 04-03-2008, 04:35 PM
es_geil is infamous around these parts
Buy a bigger car... or stop golfing

Old 04-03-2008, 05:38 PM
RiA
RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by es_geil
Wow - now that is a great idea...

Old 04-03-2008, 05:40 PM
RiA
Originally Posted by MikeR
My golf bag rides as a front passenger. I couldn't get it behind the front seats, but then again I didn't try real hard. I just tilt the seat all the way back and use a blanket/towel to lay on the seat.
Thanks Mike - I guess I could always put it in the front.

Anyone else?

Old 04-03-2008, 05:51 PM
MikeR is infamous around these parts
OK. I just did a test. If you use a smaller bag it goes in. I layed mine one top of the back seats (back seats folded down). I also have a sub, takes up the same space as the OEM one. You might be able to stack them and get two in there. I would use some blankets to protect the sides though. You might have to take the driver and/or woods out, depending on shaft length.

Sorry, forgot, I do NOT have a roll bar.

Old 04-03-2008, 06:48 PM
RiA
Thanks Mike - I can get my set in without the bar, but I am curious if it's possible with a bar in place - if so, which bars will allow the necessary access.

Those with bars:
were you successful and with which bar?
which bar does not allow the required access?
do you have a bar that allows the use of factory subs?

Thanks again for your help.

Old 04-03-2008, 07:08 PM
eight0zero is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by es_geil
or take up strip clubs instead

Old 04-03-2008, 08:15 PM
maxwell is a jewel in the roughmaxwell is a jewel in the roughmaxwell is a jewel in the rough
Yes. I have the tequipment rollbar, gt3 seats....and as long as I slide the drivers seat all the way forward, I can wiggle the club bag in. It's not a great fit, but it does work.

Old 04-03-2008, 08:58 PM
RiA
Originally Posted by eight0zero
or take up strip clubs instead
Now THAT is a great idea

Old 04-03-2008, 09:00 PM
RiA
Originally Posted by maxwell
Yes. I have the tequipment rollbar, gt3 seats....and as long as I slide the drivers seat all the way forward, I can wiggle the club bag in. It's not a great fit, but it does work.
Good to hear - thanks Maxwell

Is it a full-size bag?

Thanks again!

Old 04-03-2008, 09:48 PM
steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !
join a cc and leave your clubs in club storage... we send ours ups if we are going on a golf week end.... that way their is room for my wife

Old 04-04-2008, 12:23 PM
speedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud of
in a gt3 with a roll bar it doesn't quite fit a full size bag. i've tried. well, you may be able to but will be scraping things here and there. didn't want to find out so didn't force it in.

Old 04-04-2008, 02:18 PM
hrs1 is infamous around these parts
needs to be in front seat as a passenger...especially if you use 46 inch shafts like me...just got back from a round today!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Golf Bags, Roll Bars & Subs