996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Another round of mods completed (pics inside)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 09:45 PM
Adam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud of
Another round of mods completed (pics inside)

Hey guys,

I got my car back last week from iA with the latest rounds of mods installed. Stephen put in a set of PSS9's, Stage 3 clutch w/ OEM dual mass flywheel, GT640, Greddy Profec B Spec 2 boost controller, GT2/3 6 piston calipers w/ 350 mm rotors, Blown 6 IC's (they didn't show up in time), and a few other goodies.

Needless to say, the car is very quick!! Stephen and his crew did an excellent job with the mods and got it done pretty quickly. I had a stage 4 kit before, and this kit definitely hits harder. The lag is about the same...maybe just a little more, but there wasn't much to begin with, so it is very drivable. When the boost kicks in, it will light up all 4 tires..I've never seen the PSM light up this much before. The boost controller is a nice touch as well. I was a little apprehensive about it, but I'm glad I decided to put it in. I run 1.1 bar with 93, and have turned it up to 1.25 bar, but I want to play it safe with stock internals. I need to find a distributor for race gas in my area so I can crank it up a bit.

John @ MAcarbon just sent me a CF center console, which I just put in last night. This is the first piece I have bought from them, and I must say that it is extremely high quality.

Finally, I had a Kenwood DNX-7100 navigation unit installed. It is a double DIN, so it fits in the console nicely. The navigation itself is by Garmin, and so far has worked flawlessly.

Sorry for the long post guys..here are the pics...

Old 04-05-2008, 10:34 PM
Small Shrimp is a name known to allSmall Shrimp is a name known to allSmall Shrimp is a name known to allSmall Shrimp is a name known to allSmall Shrimp is a name known to allSmall Shrimp is a name known to all
Nice job.

love the interior as well

Old 04-05-2008, 10:42 PM
AIRjordan23 is infamous around these parts
very nice. how do you like the brakes. feel any difference?

Old 04-05-2008, 10:47 PM
flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !
Sweet mods. Looks like a sleeper with the stock wheels!

Where can you buy those pedals if I may ask? How much are they?

thanks

Originally Posted by Adam Bowles
Hey guys,

I got my car back last week from iA with the latest rounds of mods installed. Stephen put in a set of PSS9's, Stage 3 clutch w/ OEM dual mass flywheel, GT640, Greddy Profec B Spec 2 boost controller, GT2/3 6 piston calipers w/ 350 mm rotors, Blown 6 IC's (they didn't show up in time), and a few other goodies.

Needless to say, the car is very quick!! Stephen and his crew did an excellent job with the mods and got it done pretty quickly. I had a stage 4 kit before, and this kit definitely hits harder. The lag is about the same...maybe just a little more, but there wasn't much to begin with, so it is very drivable. When the boost kicks in, it will light up all 4 tires..I've never seen the PSM light up this much before. The boost controller is a nice touch as well. I was a little apprehensive about it, but I'm glad I decided to put it in. I run 1.1 bar with 93, and have turned it up to 1.25 bar, but I want to play it safe with stock internals. I need to find a distributor for race gas in my area so I can crank it up a bit.

John @ MAcarbon just sent me a CF center console, which I just put in last night. This is the first piece I have bought from them, and I must say that it is extremely high quality.

Finally, I had a Kenwood DNX-7100 navigation unit installed. It is a double DIN, so it fits in the console nicely. The navigation itself is by Garmin, and so far has worked flawlessly.

Sorry for the long post guys..here are the pics...

Old 04-05-2008, 10:54 PM
Onetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant future
Nice color choice. I see it didn't take you long to get hooked.

Old 04-05-2008, 11:16 PM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
hey adam your car is looking great.

Old 04-05-2008, 11:32 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Why did you buy a GT640 kit? The EVOMS GT660 comes with injectors, Hitachi MAF and newer turbos for 11K.

Old 04-06-2008, 12:45 AM
TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !
Your car looks perfect.

Old 04-06-2008, 02:55 AM
Former Vendor
johnb@macarbon is a splendid one to beholdjohnb@macarbon is a splendid one to beholdjohnb@macarbon is a splendid one to beholdjohnb@macarbon is a splendid one to beholdjohnb@macarbon is a splendid one to beholdjohnb@macarbon is a splendid one to beholdjohnb@macarbon is a splendid one to behold
Adam,

I'm glad you liked the console. I think black WAS the way to go. Did you see the thread on the GReddy controler? We're doing some custom batwings to hold the unit. I wonder if it will fit in the 2-Hole? But then you'd have to get a CF center stack!

Old 04-06-2008, 08:39 AM
TwinT is infamous around these parts
looks great... very oem looking from the exterior..... stealth!

I upgraded my brakes on my old TT the same way you have and thought the improvement was massive.

Where did you get the alu pedals from?

thanks

Lee

Old 04-06-2008, 08:49 AM
jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !
Congrats Adam, and you picked the right guy to work with as well. Enjoy!

Old 04-06-2008, 09:49 AM
996TTs is a jewel in the rough996TTs is a jewel in the rough996TTs is a jewel in the rough996TTs is a jewel in the rough
your engine area looks sick!

Old 04-06-2008, 09:59 AM
Adam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Small Shrimp
Nice job.

love the interior as well
Thanks!!

Originally Posted by AIRjordan23
very nice. how do you like the brakes. feel any difference?
Yes, there is definitely an improvement in the braking. Even when I was bedding them in, I could hardly get them to activate ABS. Definitely more bite, and the pecal seems easier to modulate, but that may be due to the stainless brake lines that were put in.

Originally Posted by flash68
Sweet mods. Looks like a sleeper with the stock wheels!

Where can you buy those pedals if I may ask? How much are they?

thanks
Thanks! I actually bought the pedals from another board member. I haven't seen another set like them with the Porsche logo. The guy I bought them from got them on ebay, but said they violated some sort of trademark by using the logo without a license.

Originally Posted by Onetime
Nice color choice. I see it didn't take you long to get hooked.
Thanks! Yes, I am very sick..need help!!

Originally Posted by oak
hey adam your car is looking great.
Thanks Wayne...the seats make a huge difference!!!

Originally Posted by Zippy
Why did you buy a GT640 kit? The EVOMS GT660 comes with injectors, Hitachi MAF and newer turbos for 11K.
I actually bought the kit in November before the 660 came out, and to upgrade to the 660 from the 640 would have been a large amount of cash.

Originally Posted by johnb@macarbon
Adam,

I'm glad you liked the console. I think black WAS the way to go. Did you see the thread on the GReddy controler? We're doing some custom batwings to hold the unit. I wonder if it will fit in the 2-Hole? But then you'd have to get a CF center stack!
I LOVE the console. The CF weave is perfect! I did see the thread, but didn't know if the Greddy would fit in the 2-hole batwing. If it will, I'll just have to pick up the whole center stack!!

Originally Posted by TwinT
looks great... very oem looking from the exterior..... stealth!

I upgraded my brakes on my old TT the same way you have and thought the improvement was massive.

Where did you get the alu pedals from?

thanks

Lee
Thanks Lee! Yes, it is defininely stealth...people don't expect it to be so brutally fast!

The brake upgrade was an awesome mod! Haven't had a chance to get her on track with the new brakes yet though.

See above regarding the pedals.

Originally Posted by jimmer23
Congrats Adam, and you picked the right guy to work with as well. Enjoy!
Thanks!! Stephen is the man for sure!!

Last edited by Adam Bowles; 04-06-2008 at 07:38 PM.
Old 04-06-2008, 11:02 AM
flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !
FYI - found your pedals on ebay if anyone is interested. 10 sets available. Think I might get them.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsc...em120240192481

Old 04-06-2008, 11:20 AM
BOXER4 is infamous around these parts
very nice stance. I wish the car came with that ride height from the factory...Great bunch of mods,...I bet the car feels like you just bought it all over again...have fun!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Another round of mods completed (pics inside)