996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Just kinda ran with a Cayenne Turbo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-28-2003, 05:28 PM
AMG-ETR
Cool Just kinda ran with a Cayenne Turbo

Just had a little run in with a Cayenne Turbo on my way home on I-95. Brand new, black/black still had sticker on the window. Looked very nice in person, I always thought it was like a station wagen, but it was better in person. So I saw him up ahead, downshifted to 4th and blew by him going pretty fast. He immediatly punched it and got right on my ****. I decided to let him go for 2 reasons:
1.Wanted to see how quick it really was
2.My dad was following in the truck, and I don't want to get yelled at .
So as soon as traffic cleared off he went...man that thing really roars, sounded great and was very quick!! Anyway its a good thing I didn't race him, since I saw him slam his brakes on up ahead, and seconds later I passed 2 FHP (Florida Highway Patrol) on the shoulder!!

Anyway, I ended up getting yelled at by my dad FOR LOSING TO HIM . I then continued to be beat by a Chevy Monte Carlo (on 22's ), and a new MB CLK 500 since they decided to race me (obviously I was not racing).
Pretty fun drive home, wish I woulda gone with the cayenne to see how well he kept up....
Regards,
Evan

Old 08-28-2003, 05:36 PM
Kevlar is infamous around these parts
I drove the Turbo at the Porsche Cayenne event... it's definitely quick, especially considering how big it is.

It could probably beat most cars on the road easily... even with a trailer and track car attached in tow.

Old 08-28-2003, 05:59 PM
AMG-ETR
Originally posted by Kevlar
I drove the Turbo at the Porsche Cayenne event... it's definitely quick, especially considering how big it is.

It could probably beat most cars on the road easily... even with a trailer and track car attached in tow.
Wheres my oil prices man, these TT's eat oil man...I have been through 3 quarts in 3 weeks!!!! Though it came on EMPTY so....
See ya tom. man,
Evan

Old 08-28-2003, 06:04 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Originally posted by AMG-ETR
Wheres my oil prices man, these TT's eat oil man...I have been through 3 quarts in 3 weeks!!!! Though it came on EMPTY so....
See ya tom. man,
Evan

costco man! Mobil 1 synthetic and they have the 5w30 you guys need. It's 23.69 for 6 quarts @@@@

Old 08-28-2003, 06:05 PM
AllanByD is infamous around these parts
CAYENNE TURBO

THE CAYENNE TURBO IS A VERY QUICK CAR ESPECIALLY IF YOU DO THE ECU. A MODIFIED CAYENNE ISNT THAT MUCH SLOWER THAN A TURBO. I NEVER TIMED IT HOWEVER I RACED A MODIFIED CAYENNE AGAINST A TURBO AND IT KEPT UP PRETTY WELL.

Old 08-28-2003, 06:10 PM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
Cayenne is a nice car.

owning a Cayenne S for about 3 months now & i can surely say it's a fast "SUV"

Old 08-28-2003, 06:37 PM
AMG-ETR
Originally posted by Soon2be993tt
costco man! Mobil 1 synthetic and they have the 5w30 you guys need. It's 23.69 for 6 quarts @@@@
Dude you should really use 0W40, I know a couple oil guys (including Kevlar thought I never asked his opinion) that said 0W40 is best for the turbo (not to mention the manual... I forgot what their reasoning was, but it made sense to me...
Evan
HOOK IT UP KEVIN!!

Old 08-28-2003, 06:49 PM
See ya tom. man,
Evan
Best price going so far is about $5/qt for Mobil 1 0W-40. I'm still waiting for a few calls back tho.

Old 08-28-2003, 06:52 PM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
Heck, We are chipping the heck out of these!! They respond to an ECU mod as well as the 996TT. Also never run anything more than a 5 weight in a 996TT. Ideally you should run 0 weight. Remember that the oil also has a hydraulic function in the system. You need that lower number for things to work properly.

Old 08-28-2003, 06:55 PM
AMG-ETR
Originally posted by PorschePhD
Heck, We are chipping the heck out of these!! They respond to an ECU mod as well as the 996TT. Also never run anything more than a 5 weight in a 996TT. Ideally you should run 0 weight. Remember that the oil also has a hydraulic function in the system. You need that lower number for things to work properly.
Heh, this was a new Cayenne so not chipped, but was very fast, I can only imagine that bad boy with 500BHP!! So 0W40 is correct Stephen??
Yo Kevin, 5 bux is great man, unlike a rip off shop near me that wants A LOT more... Let me know what i have to do to pay ya...
Thanks,
Evan

Old 08-28-2003, 06:57 PM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
0w40 is correct..

Old 08-28-2003, 07:07 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Dude you should really use 0W40, I know a couple oil guys (including Kevlar thought I never asked his opinion) that said 0W40 is best for the turbo (not to mention the manual... I forgot what their reasoning was, but it made sense to me...
Evan
HOOK IT UP KEVIN!!

when I think about it, I i'm thinking of what I bought for my honda. I think they carry 0w40 as well.

0w40 comes in the blue trimmed box right?

Old 08-28-2003, 07:23 PM
EM 996 GTS is infamous around these parts
Cayenne Turbo is pretty darn quick for an SUV

I never believed it, until I drove the hell out of it myself! ..., just making sure the ECU knows my driving style...

too bad I am giving it for my sister, otherwise I would've chip-it!

Old 08-29-2003, 08:25 AM
From the research I've done so far... 0W-40 would be better than 5W-30. It offers better cold start protection and better high temp protection... it's a win/win scenario.

I'd use the 0W-40 in my car... but my car requires a 10W-60 blend.

Old 08-29-2003, 08:32 AM
Chris Y. is infamous around these parts
Does everyone here still use Mobil 1 or are you guys using something else? I've heard good things about Motul? What are some other good oils?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Just kinda ran with a Cayenne Turbo