996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Great News! Custom Upsolute with StageII Turbos!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-10-2004, 07:29 AM
BCS996TT is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by ebaker2
What is the A/F ratio under light throttle cruise or slow acceleration? Do you need a lift to remove and replace the turbos?
My A/f when cruising ranges anywhere between mid 13s- mid 14s. At Idle, Im at about mid 14s. Dont forget our cars tend to run lean during these conditions. It's at Full throttle when you want to see richer conditions.

I didnt use a lift...just jackstands and a very comfortable creeper! LOL! If you do it...be sure to label all your bolts, etc....you dont want to end up with more bolts or vice versa! LOL!

Old 07-10-2004, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by emorgan
I have a totally stock 03 GT 2. What difference would I notice with the upsolute ecu?
You will notice a very big difference...

There are a number of Upsolute GT2 guys out there....PM John Revis...I know he has it.

Old 07-10-2004, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by StephenTi
But it looks like for me, all I need is the turbos, pay the upgrade charge, and I'll be ready to rock and roll!

You HAVE to keep us posted as to the dyno numbers once they are available. Since you've already got your regular Upsolute dyno files already, it'll be really interesting to see them overlayed!
Stephen,

This set up rocks! If you're happy with your upsolute now, you'll absolutely love this one. Boost is crisp and very responsive. Im thinking about getting either the SP or Akkurat HKS BOVs..wondering how much more responsive the turbos will be?

I'll try to get it on the dyno soon and will report back.

Old 07-10-2004, 08:45 AM
Banned
sticky is infamous around these parts
If I just paid 15k for an evo stage IV setup and I got beat by a setup costing around 3k, I would be beyond pissed. It's just plain embarassing.

Old 07-10-2004, 08:46 AM
Banned
sticky is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by emorgan
I have a totally stock 03 GT 2. What difference would I notice with the upsolute ecu? I do not track the car and most of my driving is around the city. Two guys moved in down the street from me and both drive Vipers. I know the day is coming when we will meet at the traffic signal. What can I expect if I decide to do a quick race to 80 mph?
That race will come down to driver.

Old 07-11-2004, 03:07 AM
SHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud of
First of all, thanks for the write up. Its a good one indeed. I was wondering when Upsolute would customize their programs to step up from the K16's.

Do you have any Check Engine Light issue? I Put the Upsolute in my red turbo, and it runs great. I do get a check engine light, and perhaps Renee can tell me how to clear / resolve this. The car does pull hard. I would like to know if Upsolute can customize a setup running similar to a stage 4GT program.

My black stage 4 GIAC program ran neck and neck to my buddy's 600HP VIPER GTS. The Stage 4GT pulled about 6 cars in front. during 3rd to 4th. Perhaps Upsolute can cuztomize a bigger set of turbos to run close to GIAC Stage 4GT.

Stage4GT GT2 vs. 600HP Viper GTS - please right click and save as

Old 07-11-2004, 05:29 AM
Originally posted by ShankGT2
Do you have any Check Engine Light issue? I Put the Upsolute in my red turbo, and it runs great. I do get a check engine light, and perhaps Renee can tell me how to clear / resolve this. The car does pull hard. I would like to know if Upsolute can customize a setup running similar to a stage 4GT program.

Perhaps Upsolute can cuztomize a bigger set of turbos to run close to GIAC Stage 4GT.
From speaking to Kevin...if you go with a StageIII turbo and custom upsolute running 1.2/1.3 bar, you will be in StageIVGT territory...possibly more. Those turbos can run 1.3 bar all day long and are significantly larger than what I have.

I talked to rene about this setup as it would require probably 15% more fueling than my stageII turbos and he said they could do it no problem. It might require you to run larger injectors, however, they have the abilities to do it. If you decide to go this route...definitely speak to both kevin and rene. You could use my file as a baseline and fine tune from there.

As far as CE lights...none. No PSM/ABS issues...just rock solid performance!

You should pick up the Harrison R&D datalogger...it hooks up to your OBDII port and can log data at a rate of .001 secs. Plus, you can diagnose you CEL and clear it.

http://www.ghg.net/dharrison/

I took the car out last night for a spin as it was nice and cool here in NJ (65 degrees)....nailed 2nd gear...boost jumped to 1.2 bar and held all the way to redline! Now, that was fun!!!!

Old 07-11-2004, 07:01 AM
SHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud of
Originally posted by BCS996TT
From speaking to Kevin...if you go with a StageIII turbo and custom upsolute running 1.2/1.3 bar, you will be in StageIVGT territory...possibly more. Those turbos can run 1.3 bar all day long and are significantly larger than what I have.

I talked to rene about this setup as it would require probably 15% more fueling than my stageII turbos and he said they could do it no problem. It might require you to run larger injectors, however, they have the abilities to do it. If you decide to go this route...definitely speak to both kevin and rene. You could use my file as a baseline and fine tune from there.

As far as CE lights...none. No PSM/ABS issues...just rock solid performance!

You should pick up the Harrison R&D datalogger...it hooks up to your OBDII port and can log data at a rate of .001 secs. Plus, you can diagnose you CEL and clear it.

http://www.ghg.net/dharrison/

I took the car out last night for a spin as it was nice and cool here in NJ (65 degrees)....nailed 2nd gear...boost jumped to 1.2 bar and held all the way to redline! Now, that was fun!!!!

Well someone fwd me Renee and Kevin's contact info.

Thanks
Shank

Old 07-11-2004, 07:08 AM
gneypiks is infamous around these partsgneypiks is infamous around these parts
bcs;
re the data logger,is there a specific model that is compatible?are there instructions that comes with it (eg.how to diagnose,clear cel,etc).

Old 07-11-2004, 07:13 AM
Originally posted by ShankGT2
Well someone fwd me Renee and Kevin's contact info.

Thanks
Shank
Rene: 704-588-0207 (you're better off calling him)
Kevin: kmatwichuk@att.net

Tell rene that you're thinking about going with the stageIII turbo...but first speak to kevin and get the parameters of the turbo so that rene knows what baseline to start you off with.

Keep me posted as i'll probably want to move up to this setup later on!

Old 07-11-2004, 07:17 AM
Originally posted by gneypiks
bcs;
re the data logger,is there a specific model that is compatible?are there instructions that comes with it (eg.how to diagnose,clear cel,etc).

If you're 2002 or older....OBDII... 2003 and up I believe use CanScan. Confirm with Dan Harrison (owner/developer)

It's pretty straight forward...install the software, hook up the cables to your laptop, to the connector and to your obdII port (look down by your left knee under the steering column and you'll see the port). when you run the application....connect to the ecu and it will run through the diagnostics window. You can then log data as you wish...set the sampling rate, etc.

If you have any questions...Dan will guide you through the steps. Very nice guy and very fast to resolve any issues.

Best part of it all...updates to the software are free...so it only gets better and better!

Last edited by BCS996TT; 07-11-2004 at 07:19 AM.
Old 07-11-2004, 07:42 AM
rmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of light
Could you video your A/F ratio's and post them. I did it on my Upsoluted GT2. See mms://VHMedia.pinnaclesys.com/VidEncoded/8E1748C67B0E0191554ADAEA9D8BE943/300261_2.wmv

Old 07-11-2004, 07:49 AM
gneypiks is infamous around these partsgneypiks is infamous around these parts
bcs;
thanks,will give him a call

Old 07-11-2004, 10:01 AM
jlee is just really nicejlee is just really nicejlee is just really nicejlee is just really nice
bcs,

I have a tiptronic currently running the regular Upsolute which is fantastic! Just today I blew away an SL55 starting out at 90MPH. Do I need to do anything to the tiptronic to handle the stage II Upsolute? My obvious concern is that the tip may not be strong enough to handle that amount of power.

Old 07-11-2004, 12:13 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Heya JLEE, trust me, you're tip has plenty of headroom. I know;P

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Great News! Custom Upsolute with StageII Turbos!!!