996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Great News! Custom Upsolute with StageII Turbos!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-11-2004, 12:22 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
I used to have the upsolute on stock turbos. Worked and ran great. But I know there's nothing out there for my car with the custom ZC turbos I have

Old 07-11-2004, 12:31 PM
SilverTTCab has much to be proud ofSilverTTCab has much to be proud ofSilverTTCab has much to be proud ofSilverTTCab has much to be proud ofSilverTTCab has much to be proud ofSilverTTCab has much to be proud ofSilverTTCab has much to be proud ofSilverTTCab has much to be proud of
thanks for the informative write up!

i was actually thinking about doing the by-design upgrade for about $14K but decided against it after researching their reputation a little further.

can this be done in california easily? i.e. do i have to ship my car or fly some people in?

who is certified to do that sort of thing here in la?

thanks again!

Old 07-11-2004, 03:02 PM
Banned
StephenTi is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by ShankGT2
First of all, thanks for the write up. Its a good one indeed. I was wondering when Upsolute would customize their programs to step up from the K16's.

Do you have any Check Engine Light issue? I Put the Upsolute in my red turbo, and it runs great. I do get a check engine light, and perhaps Renee can tell me how to clear / resolve this. The car does pull hard. I would like to know if Upsolute can customize a setup running similar to a stage 4GT program.

My black stage 4 GIAC program ran neck and neck to my buddy's 600HP VIPER GTS. The Stage 4GT pulled about 6 cars in front. during 3rd to 4th. Perhaps Upsolute can cuztomize a bigger set of turbos to run close to GIAC Stage 4GT.

Stage4GT GT2 vs. 600HP Viper GTS - please right click and save as
Hey Shank, have the shop that installed your exhaust check the O2 sensor to make sure it isn't lose or was broken during the install. That could set the CEL off.

Old 07-11-2004, 07:41 PM
BCS996TT is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by SilverTTCab
thanks for the informative write up!

i was actually thinking about doing the by-design upgrade for about $14K but decided against it after researching their reputation a little further.

can this be done in california easily? i.e. do i have to ship my car or fly some people in?

who is certified to do that sort of thing here in la?

thanks again!
The ecu is very easy to do...so that's definitely a DIY job. You should contact Kevin (lives in WA) and see if he could fly to CA and do the install for you. Im not sure how much he would charge, but I believe he does offer that service.

Old 07-11-2004, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by StephenTi
Hey Shank, have the shop that installed your exhaust check the O2 sensor to make sure it isn't lose or was broken during the install. That could set the CEL off.
Also...make sure the O2 sensors are in the correct inlets of the cat. It happens!

Old 07-12-2004, 07:41 AM
jlee is just really nicejlee is just really nicejlee is just really nicejlee is just really nice
Originally posted by sharkster
Heya JLEE, trust me, you're tip has plenty of headroom. I know;P
Sharkster,

Have you done any mods on your tip to make it stronger/more reliable?

Old 07-12-2004, 09:37 AM
dmilzoff is infamous around these parts
I hate you Bill! I was so happy with my UpSolute. Now I think that I need to do the upgrade. Do you think that I can do the upgrade without changing intake and exhaust. I would rather stay with stock exhaust because I do drive the car alot.
GREAT writeup by the way. We appreciate your time, effort and determination in the project, as well as the all of guys that created your new monster.

Old 07-12-2004, 12:54 PM
Porsche Fiend
Hamann7 is infamous around these partsHamann7 is infamous around these parts
RUF, Protomotive, S-Car-Go, Manthey... look out because you're going to get replaced by Upsolute!!!

Let's see if the Upsolute Stage 3 can run 10's in the quarter on street tires.

BTW, Dinan is NOT the Ruf of BMW tuning. That is quite the insult to Ruf. The Ruf of BMW tuning is Alpina, followed by AC Schnitzer and Hartge. Just setting the facts straight.

Last edited by Hamann7; 07-12-2004 at 12:57 PM.
Old 07-12-2004, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by Hamann7
Let's see if the Upsolute Stage 3 can run 10's in the quarter on street tires.

BTW, Dinan is NOT the Ruf of BMW tuning. That is quite the insult to Ruf. The Ruf of BMW tuning is Alpina, followed by AC Schnitzer and Hartge. Just setting the facts straight.
Who knows about a 10 sec 1/4...but if their k16 setup can do mid 11s all day long...It can be possible?!?!! Quite frankly, I could really careless about the 1/4mile as that doesnt prove much if anything to me.

AC Schnitzer?!?!? No way. They're good for their accessories at best. Alpina, I'll agree as they've had some great setups.

Old 07-12-2004, 09:11 PM
Banned
Javasuperhero is infamous around these parts
Why is there a $0.00 amount for the custom ported headers and custom airbox? Could you run just the turbos, exhaust, and software without the custom headers and airbox? Or would the results be less than desirable since it was tuned for both?

Old 07-12-2004, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by dmilzoff
I hate you Bill! I was so happy with my UpSolute. Now I think that I need to do the upgrade. Do you think that I can do the upgrade without changing intake and exhaust. I would rather stay with stock exhaust because I do drive the car alot.
GREAT writeup by the way. We appreciate your time, effort and determination in the project, as well as the all of guys that created your new monster.
LOL! How did I know you would want more!

You dont need to change the intake. I have yet to put the modified airbox in. The problem is with the rear wing motor. it's attached to the inner decklid backing plate...so i need to custom fabricate something there. I've got an idea which should work out well.

The exhaust...you should change...stock exhaust is too restrictive to be running that kind of power. Go with a techart or europipe quiet. I've heard good things about those exhuasts in terms of resonance. Maybe cargraphic?

If you want to go for a ride/drive the car...let me know.

Old 07-12-2004, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by Javasuperhero
Why is there a $0.00 amount for the custom ported headers and custom airbox? Could you run just the turbos, exhaust, and software without the custom headers and airbox? Or would the results be less than desirable since it was tuned for both?
I ported the headers myself and did Sharky's custom fabricated airbox myself...thus no $$$...just time.

I think you would be fine with just the turbos, exhaust, and software...get the DVs or the HKS BOV (my next mod).

Old 07-12-2004, 09:37 PM
Banned
Thanks for the info. I'm eager to see how this compares to your K16s and Vinny's K24s on the dyno. Are you going back to the same AWE dyno that you both used previously?

Old 07-12-2004, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by Javasuperhero
Thanks for the info. I'm eager to see how this compares to your K16s and Vinny's K24s on the dyno. Are you going back to the same AWE dyno that you both used previously?
vinny's dyno was really strange....he went from 437 to 495 with just an exhaust? Hmmm...I could understand 460-470, but he picked up that much power with just an exhaust? Oh well... best thing for me to do would be to run him side by side!

Im not sure where i'll do the dyno...as there's another facility much closer to me with the Mustang AWD dyno as well.

When my schedule frees up...i'll be dynoing.

Old 07-12-2004, 09:58 PM
Banned
I hope you're not considering going to IMP in Clifton. I went there a week ago and couldn't even dyno my car there after 3 hours of them beating the crap out of my car on the dyno. I should have driven the extra hour or two to AWE. Oh well.

Just curious, does that price of $1600 for the turbos include cores? Or do you have to send your K16s to Kevin?

Thanks.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Great News! Custom Upsolute with StageII Turbos!!!