996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Anyone trading in the TT for the baby bugatti veyron(GTR)?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 07:58 PM
GSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to all
Its Been Said B4 And I'll Say It Again.... In The End Its Still A Nissan! No More Stupid Gt-r Threads! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggghhhh hhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

Old 04-10-2008, 09:30 PM
Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by raidentech
No one has really driven one yet. So I bet many of you will change your mind once you unlease that godzilla.
I dont care if its like riding a unicorn with the heart of a cheatah. Its still ugly and is a over rated car which all the honda boys will be playing pocket pull ever time they see it.

Old 04-11-2008, 06:21 AM
rafiki is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Lil Powell
I wouldnt take one if they gave me it! HAHAHA, Ever week the mags say it gets faster and faster but there is no way in hell a 3900LB dry car making 485fwhp traps 125 in the 1/4 mile! They must be paying some big bucks to fake these numbers, to take it from 118 to 120 and now 125mph. I feel bad for all the poor souls that buy these cars!
Matt

Hilarious
Nothing like another GTR thread .......to flush out another conspiratorialist.
This 'll warm the cockles of Heavy's heart.

Old 04-11-2008, 09:10 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by rafiki
Hilarious
Nothing like another GTR thread .......to flush out another conspiratorialist.
This 'll warm the cockles of Heavy's heart.

This isnt conspiracy this time fanboy, HAS BEEN PROVEN!!!!!!

The GT-R CANT TRAP 124 MPH STOCK.......... PERIOD.

Car and Driver used the wrong adjuster when applying it to the GT-R's time, and being that they do this all the time, it doesnt seem as though it was done on accident.

You boys conspiracy cries are starting to get hit in the face more and more these days.

Old 04-11-2008, 09:32 AM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
a super car has to look good have great style and be sexy the gtr is non of those ......

Old 04-11-2008, 09:47 AM
Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by heavychevy

Car and Driver used the wrong adjuster when applying it to the GT-R's time, and being that they do this all the time, it doesnt seem as though it was done on accident.

You boys conspiracy cries are starting to get hit in the face more and more these days.

Im willing to bet my left nut that when they hit the street we will not see one going 124 bone stock down to the filter! Not a magazine but a actual owner, If he takes out weight or adds a single bolton it doesnt count. But I guess we will wait till the release to see that im right!
Matt

Old 04-11-2008, 10:43 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
We havent seen one it 124 at all, not even in the magazines. That's my point. Car and Driver uses an adjustment calculator and they did it wrong. The GT-R will trapp 115-121 best case, that's about it.

And the average one will get walked by the avergae TT. And when someone knows how to drive a TT on the track, it'll get walked there too.

We see lots of fanboys willing to bet their banks on the magazines, but when it comes to actually proving something, none of them are willing to step up. I know the car isnt out yet, but still none of them even really interested in road racing.

On another note, I think this is actually a decent thread though, and a decision some guys will face and some have chosen to make already to get the GT-R. Stock vs stock the GT-R is faster, but with equal tires, suspension and a good ecu and exhaust on a K16 car will beat the GT-R IMO. A K24 car with ecu and exhaust will own it real good. So bang for buck goes to the 996 TT IMO.

Old 04-11-2008, 10:47 AM
Z07
Banned
Z07 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by PAULIEWALNUTS
Yeah but looks like crap.Should start seeing them in New York as Taxis soon.
I'm extremely pleased that a lot of people feel this way. Should keep the prices down. I prefer to own my car rather than the other way round.

Old 04-11-2008, 10:49 AM
Z07
Banned
Z07 is infamous around these parts

All factory cars produce the same power. They must do... brochure says so.

Old 04-11-2008, 02:53 PM
[QUOTE=heavychevy;1789850]This isnt conspiracy this time fanboy, HAS BEEN PROVEN!!!!!!

The only thing that has been conclusively proven is that you desperately continue to try and hang your hat on one minutiae or another, but happily ignore the overwhelming obvious.

Actually Heavy, the term "fanboy" fits you much better than I or anybody else that has contributed to the GTR threads here.

Here's two definition for you fanboi( I prefer this spelling for you):

1. A passionate fan(or anti fan as the case may be)....who lets his passion
override social graces.
2. A pathetic insult often used by fanboys themselves to try and put down
people who don't like whatever it is they like.

Not interested in responding to your obsession with detail fanboi.

The GTR is quicker than the 997 turbo. All the testers prove that.Whether you're going to outdrive the owner of the next GTR you encounter or not, will make no difference to this, by now established fact.

Yes fanboi, I know, the GTR is heavy and is not as pretty as your chevy....

Old 04-11-2008, 02:54 PM
996TTDave has a spectacular aura about996TTDave has a spectacular aura about996TTDave has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by AllBusinessJoe
Is it true Nissan slapped a Chevy Cobalt tail end on the GT-R?

It sure looks that way.
Really...? No, it doesn't - it looks like the GTR-32-34 tail lights of the previous skylines - so if anyone copied, the cobalt copied the skyline - and i think the impala lights are copied from the skyline more then the cobalt

Old 04-11-2008, 03:10 PM
Originally Posted by unvmym3
a super car has to look good have great style and be sexy the gtr is non of those ......
I like your Benjamin Franklin quote, so I hope you don't mind if I paraphrase it...

Those who give up essential car performance for good looks and style, deserve neither.

"Supercar" is a very subjective notion.

I agree the GTR isn't as nice as a 991, but using your logic, a 997 turbo isn't a super car because its performance isn't highly superior to that of its contemporaries(GTR ).

If you're more interested in style, save a lot of money on a
P car and buy an Audi TT....its a Dolce Cabana purse on wheels.

Old 04-11-2008, 03:18 PM
We havent seen one it 124 at all, not even in the magazines. That's my point. Car and Driver uses an adjustment calculator and they did it wrong. The GT-R will trapp 115-121 best case, that's about it.

And the average one will get walked by the avergae TT. And when someone knows how to drive a TT on the track, it'll get walked there too.

We see lots of fanboys willing to bet their banks on the magazines, but when it comes to actually proving something, none of them are willing to step up. I know the car isnt out yet, but still none of them even really interested in road racing.

On another note, I think this is actually a decent thread though, and a decision some guys will face and some have chosen to make already to get the GT-R. Stock vs stock the GT-R is faster, but with equal tires, suspension and a good ecu and exhaust on a K16 car will beat the GT-R IMO. A K24 car with ecu and exhaust will own it real good. So bang for buck goes to the 996 TT IMO.
Agreed!!

Old 04-11-2008, 03:21 PM
Originally Posted by Lil Powell
Im willing to bet my left nut that when they hit the street we will not see one going 124 bone stock down to the filter! Not a magazine but a actual owner, If he takes out weight or adds a single bolton it doesnt count. But I guess we will wait till the release to see that im right!
Matt

Is that a left wheel nut or anatomical nut?

Just as in fanboi Heavy's case, who was dismissing the GTR long before it came out and continues to sing the same tune, facts that you don't like won't make any difference to your attitude.

At least Heavy drives a 996tt.

Old 04-11-2008, 03:41 PM
And the average one will get walked by the avergae TT. And when someone knows how to drive a TT on the track, it'll get walked there too..............
As a 996tt owner with exhaust n chip etc, I hope you're right. As far as looks and style I agree the 996tt is far superior. But tuning potential of the GTR will be huge.

I have a k16 car in TIP. I don't track the car much, so for me, what is important is not being embarrassed by GTRs at the lights, in a roll as well as the twisties what's the P car point then?

If I keep my 996tt. I will want to GTR proof it. Thankfully, 996tt mod prices seem to tracking downwards. Like you, I can't wait for some friendly GTR owners to "contribute" to this discussion.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone trading in the TT for the baby bugatti veyron(GTR)?