996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Anyone trading in the TT for the baby bugatti veyron(GTR)?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 04:05 PM
scotty slc is infamous around these parts
Wow 6speed is starting to suck.

Old 04-11-2008, 04:18 PM
996TTs is a jewel in the rough996TTs is a jewel in the rough996TTs is a jewel in the rough996TTs is a jewel in the rough
I love the GTR and I love my 996 TT.

However, I would be willing to trade my five year old TT for a brand new GTR any day of the week.

If I ever get tired of my new GTR (that is if I can even get my hands on one), then I would get a used 997 TT for about half the price of retail in a couple of years.

Both cars are great and I think the natural progression on these cars would be from a 996TT (which looks a bit dated now) to a brand new GTR and then finally to a used 997 TT when prices start dropping.

Old 04-11-2008, 04:21 PM
jcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond repute
Funny how varied opinions can be...I feel the 996 looks more modern than either the GTR or the 997....it is a more daring design. The 997 is a move back to the 993...

Just me.

Having been burned in MY1 cars, I would wait for MY2...just me.

Once thousands have them and the good and the bad are known...what if the dealers cannot really handle the issues, etc. I wonder if a good body kit would make it look better, etc. I really like TechArt's 997TT ....just me.

JB

Old 04-11-2008, 05:03 PM
996TTs is a jewel in the rough996TTs is a jewel in the rough996TTs is a jewel in the rough996TTs is a jewel in the rough
I respect your opinion.

One's perception of looks and design can be very subjective.

Having said that, I really do like the GTR and at its current price point, it looks to be a great deal considering its performance and technological advancements.

My 996 TT is great but it's been awhile since I have had it and some of us want something that is new and exciting.

I am a little surprised that there are so many here that is to quick to attack anyone who mentions "GTR."

A GTR, as well as a Corvette, is a viable alternative to the 996TT/997TT and should be considered.

The moderators should start a new section for the GTR so as not to offend the "loyalists" and the "die hard" Porsche fanatics.

Old 04-11-2008, 05:38 PM
Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by rafiki
Is that a left wheel nut or anatomical nut?

Just as in fanboi Heavy's case, who was dismissing the GTR long before it came out and continues to sing the same tune, facts that you don't like won't make any difference to your attitude.

At least Heavy drives a 996tt.

You know what nut im talking about Your right I dont have a 996tt, I have 9 year old corvette crap box. But not because I cant afford a 996 its cause my brother has one. I could also buy a GTR but I rather have the new Zr1 when it comes down in price. I installed more stuff on a 996tt in a garage then most people on the forum besides tunner and the select few. Also my brother and I have pieced together are own 700hp kit which would have been done by now but alot of problems arose none are fault.
Matt

Old 04-11-2008, 05:38 PM
Dino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really nice
For the love of mankind, how many of these threads do we need to make?

Old 04-14-2008, 08:37 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by rafiki
As a 996tt owner with exhaust n chip etc, I hope you're right. As far as looks and style I agree the 996tt is far superior. But tuning potential of the GTR will be huge.

I have a k16 car in TIP. I don't track the car much, so for me, what is important is not being embarrassed by GTRs at the lights, in a roll as well as the twisties what's the P car point then?

If I keep my 996tt. I will want to GTR proof it. Thankfully, 996tt mod prices seem to tracking downwards. Like you, I can't wait for some friendly GTR owners to "contribute" to this discussion.
You might want to reconsider the mod potential of the GT-R, one of the Japanese tuners has said the dual clutches have a limit of somewhere around 600 whp. And as you can imagine replacing those dual clutches wont be an easy task, and that will be when someone has come up with a clutch pack for it. And let's not get into the cost of doing it.

Nissan did not want this car to be a mega tuning car, and adding all that horsepower combined with all that weight, and the car is going to start breaking (like most others). We'll see homw nay launches the car can put up with at 600 whp.

As for calling me a fanboi, you're right, I'm a car fanboy, of all makes and models, I just dont like over hyped cars, so you'll have to have a list of cars to call me a fanboy on because I'm a fan of them all, except the GT-R. I was the same way when the Z06 came out, but it was never overhyped to this level, it's actually capable of what people said it was, and without the media onslaught.

Old 04-14-2008, 08:39 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by scotty slc
Wow 6speed is starting to suck.

I agree, this is GT-Rforumonline.com

Old 04-14-2008, 08:50 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Done and done.