996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

BIG Houston meet/cruise to Galveston Island, Sunday April 13

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 04:25 PM
roadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to behold
BIG Houston meet/cruise to Galveston Island, Sunday April 13

There will be a large number of cars from several car clubs (primarily HPD) cruising to Galveston this Sunday. We want to join them after lunch to avoid getting stuck in huge lines, attracting too much attention from officials, and waiting 3 hours to get served for lunch.

So the plan is to meet at Starbucks on I-10 and Durham at 10am (close to the Galleria): 1801 Durham Houston, TX 77007. It's on the south side of I-10. From there we will take a short drive down to Kemah for lunch. After that we can hook up with people on the Galveston cruise - not to far from us. This is not a private meet so feel free to invite anyone who wants to join and not misbehave.

To Starbucks from the Northside: Take 45 South. Exit I-10 West. Exit Shepherd and Durham. Take a left down Durham and it will be on your right.

To Starbucks from Pearland area: Take 45 North. Exit I-10 West. Exit Shepherd and Durham. Take a left down Durham and it will be on your right.

Here is some brief video and a few pics from the last Houston/Galveston cruise I attended:

Old 04-11-2008, 04:29 PM
roadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to behold

Old 04-12-2008, 08:23 AM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Wow, That brings back memories!!!!!
Robert

Old 04-12-2008, 01:09 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
I may come, but I really don't have a ride to go in LOL! Matt is taking his girlfriend with him in the Vette and my car is still down as usual

Old 04-12-2008, 05:12 PM
Banned
Lounge Lizard is infamous around these parts
I was planning to go anyway but this sounds a better idea as I will have to leave around 1:30pm.

And I'll have the golf clubs in the passenger seat unless i can get someone else to take them for me

Think i'll have to drop them off tonight with someone.

Old 04-12-2008, 05:37 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
I'll see you all in the morning! I think I'll just be meeting up in the morning because Matt's taking his g/f with him.

Paulie.. I think we should line up the Caddy vs my moms Lexus.. We can show these people what racing really is!

Old 04-12-2008, 06:42 PM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
Cadi vs Lexus It's on.Bring it.

Old 04-12-2008, 10:04 PM
TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !
Don't forget to grab the drift box from Nick.

Old 04-14-2008, 10:20 AM
Banned
Well what a great day that was..Great company & a great drive down to Kemah. A shame I had to leave early but at least I got served at the restaurant first

As usual I forgot my camera, but there were plenty of them a round so where are all the pictures???

Old 04-14-2008, 12:00 PM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
Steve I will remember that trick in the future.

Old 04-14-2008, 01:08 PM
Banned
I'm doing that everywhere I go from now on

Old 04-14-2008, 11:20 PM
Originally Posted by Lounge Lizard
...As usual I forgot my camera, but there were plenty of them a round so where are all the pictures???
You will find them on HPD. I have not sorted through mine yet, but here are Tony's pics of us rolling into Kemah:
http://z06nut.smugmug.com/gallery/4715757_9m6mo#P-1-15

Some pics with comments by Sinner:

Group shot at the boardwalk.

Guest of honor.

WICKED GT:

Doc 2 - You are on for the next Cannonball. Get Laurie ready!

Greatwhite and Nick Turbo Busa

The Godfather

Old 04-14-2008, 11:22 PM
More pics by Sinner:

Mr. Murder.

Mr. "I am going to get spray" - I promise.

Roosh.

Roosh's new plates

Sam

Sam's killer blower-through-the bonnet install.

Old 04-14-2008, 11:24 PM
Some pics by Akram:

In the beginning...

Awesome to see you out again!

Mmmmm, the italian

Great...now only 2 more hours until we eat

Up on top...

That Caddy earned its way in the middle of the pack!

Must you defile the poor little creatures??? Seek help dude!

That's right Los, the Germans have you surrounded

Many felt the unsuspecting wrath of the Cobra today

A classic...

Old 04-14-2008, 11:26 PM
A few more from Akram:

The sickkkk GT

Scenic skyline

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: BIG Houston meet/cruise to Galveston Island, Sunday April 13