996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Do you plan to keep your 996TT indefinitely?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 12:54 PM
Former Vendor
onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !
It's one of the few cars I feel will be too difficult to replace. I'm just going to keep driving it and enjoying it. Doesn't cost me anything other than maintenance and modding so no reason to sell it.

Old 04-12-2008, 01:01 PM
Shark01 is just really niceShark01 is just really niceShark01 is just really niceShark01 is just really nice
I'm saving for an Italian car (buy in 2012) because every car guy should do that at least once. At that time, I will have had Arabelle 7 years so a change will be OK.

Old 04-12-2008, 01:40 PM
Former Vendor
detailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to behold
I'm keeping mine, and considering Italian next time.

John

Old 04-12-2008, 01:41 PM
rolfjahn is a splendid one to beholdrolfjahn is a splendid one to beholdrolfjahn is a splendid one to beholdrolfjahn is a splendid one to beholdrolfjahn is a splendid one to beholdrolfjahn is a splendid one to beholdrolfjahn is a splendid one to behold
I'm keeping mine but I still need a GT3R for the track and a SL55 for pimpin, my loser Volvo isn't cutting it for my 70 mile daily cummute.

Old 04-12-2008, 02:54 PM
dreamtripper is infamous around these parts
My plan (at the moment) is to keep the Turbo and get something like 360 convertible down the road. I know the 360 will be a relatively old technology Ferrari by then, but it's one of those Ferrari's that I think has a timeless quality to it ...

Originally Posted by Shark01
I'm saving for an Italian car (buy in 2012) because every car guy should do that at least once. At that time, I will have had Arabelle 7 years so a change will be OK.

Old 04-12-2008, 03:16 PM
jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !
Interesting timing on this question. I absolutely LOVE my car, and feel it has everything you could want - looks, comfort, and probably one of the 3 best platforms for tuning out there (Vipers, and Poopras would be the others IMO).

HOWEVER, mine is RHD, and I'm planning to come back to the States soon. It just doesn't make sense to bring it along with me. So very very sadly, I posted mine up in the classifieds yesterday. Best to give it up to a good home now before I go bonkers on the mods.

Do I intend to get back into another Turbo? ABSOLUTELY, and ASAP! However it will be a LHD 996 GT2 once I'm back home (whenever that is...)

Old 04-12-2008, 04:15 PM
jcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond repute
I plan to keep it for a long time...and as time passes...to likely either make it more and more a track weapon OR just leave it alone.

The only reason I would sell: if a 997TT with GT1 based block came out with a DSG type tranny that was superb (used probably....).

Even then....the guys driving 993's and 964's are happy guys mostly....as long as I stay happy...at least 4-8 more years unless I fall into the above. For me in cars, 4 years is forever.....

JB

Old 04-12-2008, 06:08 PM
dtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud of
My TT is my first Pcar and the emotional attachment I have to it just seems to get stronger. I really love this car. I currently have money down on the #1 spot at my dealer for a 998GT3. If I get it I wonder if I'll miss the boost of a turbo?

Old 04-12-2008, 06:22 PM
contigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant future
+1 Forever...!!!

Old 04-12-2008, 10:20 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
I may need an edit, since my car is track only, I will keep adding things here and there until I get all of the Time Trial records I can and a nationals title, then I'll get into racing and turn the TT back to a DD, be it a very mean one. Put some 20's on it, but then again, the 997 TT does look the part in white so that may be another option.

I want an ACR, but I want to race it, not just DE, but I dont think it'll be easy to find a series to compete in with it, so it may be a Cup Car instead.

Old 04-13-2008, 06:54 AM
Turbo Mike is infamous around these parts
I'm gonna have to keep it

I have too much Porsche **** around the house , I have had a Porsche for the last 24yrs (different models) and have collected all kind of memorabilia so to change to F-car or Lambo it would cost me more in redecorating

Old 04-13-2008, 07:15 AM
MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !
I plan to keep mine for a while. I have had it since 2003 but have recently added a stage 1 clutch and exhaust so I want to get some use out of those mods...

Old 04-13-2008, 02:41 PM
Joe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to behold
Since august 2000. I'll be keeping it indefinitely.
Joe

Old 04-13-2008, 05:40 PM
jojomon11 is infamous around these parts
Keeping

Im keeping my 996 TT! My 350z is for sale now, so anyone interested let me know, Im in So Cali area. Gonna use the money from the Z for a down-payment/reservation for the nissan GTR here locally. I love my 996 TT too much, its eye candy and drool candy when I drive her! Nothing bottom line beats the feel of it to any car I've ever driven period!

Last edited by jojomon11; 04-13-2008 at 05:42 PM.
Old 04-13-2008, 06:01 PM
Flyfisher is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by dreamtripper
My plan (at the moment) is to keep the Turbo and get something like 360 convertible down the road. I know the 360 will be a relatively old technology Ferrari by then, but it's one of those Ferrari's that I think has a timeless quality to it ...
Ditto on the 360 ragtop -- Fly yellow for me.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Do you plan to keep your 996TT indefinitely?