996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

FabSpeed SuperSport (LOUD) Installed.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-13-2004, 11:16 PM
Ken
Ken is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the rough
anyone in SoCal have a fabspeed loud on a TT?

Old 07-13-2004, 11:16 PM
The Newest "Bling King"
Gary (Fl) is infamous around these parts
Re: FabSpeed SuperSport (LOUD) Installed.

Originally posted by greyghost
Holy **** this thing is loud but it sounds like a freakin beast. Yes there is mild resonance but that's what an exaust is supposed to sound like.

Very gravelly, grumbly, and roars when you put the hammer down. Much better throttle response, quicker revs to red, more HP, more torque, and sounds awesome... much louder than stock. Sounds like a race car... almost like pipes!

Time will tell if I can stand it to and from work but as it stands... me likey! I will try to post a few sound clips.

Thanks to Seth @ Technical Dimensions (www.technical-dimensions.com) for another great install and to Keith for the ride over and the company.
Are your tips like Rob's... Crooked...

Old 07-13-2004, 11:17 PM
mklock is infamous around these parts
LOL....Bucking, if I get in trouble I want you for my Lawyer.

Last edited by mklock; 07-13-2004 at 11:28 PM.
Old 07-13-2004, 11:29 PM
Banned
Matt Fresh is infamous around these parts
I think that my point was that some of us, i.e. Myself, use our 996TTs as our daily drivers for work, pleasure, and whatever else you use a car for... on a day to day basis, and exhaust that is ripping over 100 decibels is not going to be enjoyable at 6:45 am when I am driving in traffic to work and would like to listen to some music because there is not room to "escape" and drive like hell.

I live in Los Angeles, and finding open roads to drive fast on is a challenge during the weekdays, unless you seek out a canyon or backroad somewhere that would make it take at least 30 mins longer to get to and from work.

I like loud exhausts like the rest of you, but I dont need something that is shaking my eardrums and rattling my teeth all day long.

Old 07-13-2004, 11:31 PM
Porsche Tech is just really nicePorsche Tech is just really nicePorsche Tech is just really nicePorsche Tech is just really nice
Re: Re: FabSpeed SuperSport (LOUD) Installed.

Originally posted by Gary (Fl)
Are your tips like Rob's... Crooked...
I didn't instal Rob's exhaust but on Brits i reused the factory tips minus the adjusting ring on the inside and they are a perfect fit, nice gap, level- and they fill the hole well plus have the small heat shields. Looks factory, except for the performance. Seth.

Old 07-13-2004, 11:59 PM
bucking is infamous around these parts
Matt: I understand your position. In fact, mklock and had this very same exchange on another thread recently. I don't drive my car daily, it's a weekend toy. My daily driver is a E46M3 with a stock exhaust; the car is quick but sweet; but, as you know, it WILL bark if you spank it. So I know what you're saying about a daily driver. If I were using the 996 turbo in LA as a daily commute machine, I'd probably not use the Fabspeed Loud. But, I'd certainly check into the Sport. I've looked at a lot of turbo exhausts and they all have their points, positive and negative. For the money, simplicity of design and execution of that design, Fabspeed does a very good job in my opinion.

Old 07-14-2004, 01:44 AM
Banned
Matt Fresh is infamous around these parts
well, according to Dan at SpeedGallery and the Fabspeed website, their sport exhaust is the most powerfully tested exhaust for the 996 turbo. I have heard it and like the way it sounds, plus I want to put the sport tips on and it allows you to do this too. I want an exhaust that sounds bad ***, but doesnt consume the whole drive everyday with an insane rumble that cannot be ignored.

Old 07-14-2004, 02:46 AM
Garey Cooper is infamous around these parts
Exhausts sounds are very subjective

The whole discussion of exhaust sound and its quality is VERY subjective in my opinion. The performance can be judged with instrumentation but the sound has to depend upon the person hearing it.

Loud is one thing but resonance or droning is quite another in my book. When you hit that resonant frequency and your eardrums and fillings begin sympathetic vibrations most people I know HATE it.

The best way to judge is to hitch a ride in someone's car who has the exhaust you are interested in. But I caution that even that doesn't prepare you for day in and day out living with it.

Failing the oppurtinity to ride in a car that has the exhaust I would recommend getting opinions from people that have had their exhausts for MONTHS not DAYS. Time does tell and everyone I've ever talked to that's done some kind of modification loves it in the first few days after install.

Just my $.02, by the way I have the Europipe QUIET and it works for me. I love the start-up burble and when I ride around town I don't feel like I'm some kid fighting acne and looking for self-worth in NOISE.

Old 07-14-2004, 03:15 AM
bucking is infamous around these parts
For what its worth (keeping in mind that much of this is just so subjective), I've had my Fabspeed for several months and have driven my car, following installation of the SuperSport, on several trips involving one 900 mile/11 hour plus drive. No brain-boiling drone or resonance. But it isn't a quiet exhaust, OK. If you want quiet, get something else, especially since your self-worth shouldn't be based on noise, whatever the hell that means. I thought that was based on the size of your manhood anyway.

Old 07-14-2004, 05:42 AM
jaykla is a jewel in the roughjaykla is a jewel in the roughjaykla is a jewel in the rough
Awesome....I get mine installed this Friday, and can't wait!!!

Old 09-17-2009, 03:31 AM
eatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant future
could you please post the sounds of the fabspeed exhaust? it'd much appreciated! i m in between getting a fab ss, or supersprint race! i know regular street exhaust choice would be no different than stock! please some sound bytes over here!

Old 09-17-2009, 05:24 AM
RDH
RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !
07-10-2004, 08:08 PM is the date Britt posted this.....09-17-09 is todays date...that's 5 years ago....how did you even find this...? anyway, I think he sold the car like 3 or 4 years ago...

out of courtesy I found this for you...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64k1SAHeU60

Last edited by RDH; 09-17-2009 at 05:29 AM.
Old 09-17-2009, 05:51 AM
eatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant future
out of courtesy I found this for you...
you are very generous!
well, when i gotta search, i gotta find even if its 5 yrs old! thanks again for the vid! cheers!

Old 09-17-2009, 08:53 AM
Shark01 is just really niceShark01 is just really niceShark01 is just really niceShark01 is just really nice
An old school Fabspeed certainly isn't the exhaust choice for pu$%^#$..err Jay Cutler