996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

FabSpeed SuperSport (LOUD) Installed.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-10-2004, 06:08 PM
Greyghost is infamous around these parts
FabSpeed SuperSport (LOUD) Installed.

Holy **** this thing is loud but it sounds like a freakin beast. Yes there is mild resonance but that's what an exaust is supposed to sound like.

Very gravelly, grumbly, and roars when you put the hammer down. Much better throttle response, quicker revs to red, more HP, more torque, and sounds awesome... much louder than stock. Sounds like a race car... almost like pipes!

Time will tell if I can stand it to and from work but as it stands... me likey! I will try to post a few sound clips.

Thanks to Seth @ Technical Dimensions (www.technical-dimensions.com) for another great install and to Keith for the ride over and the company.

Last edited by Greyghost; 07-13-2004 at 08:52 PM.
Old 07-10-2004, 06:32 PM
RDH
RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !
Cool Britt.....Its real power

Old 07-10-2004, 10:23 PM
Sloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud of
hey Britt. Glad you like the exhaust, look foreward to hearing it in person next time. Can you hear the turbos spinning up and down?

Old 07-10-2004, 10:39 PM
Andrew708
BRITT..Enjoy the exhaust!!!!!!!!

Old 07-11-2004, 12:14 AM
kparis has a spectacular aura aboutkparis has a spectacular aura about
Can you hear the turbos spinning up and down?- MAX

LOL!! No way!! At least I couldn't as I was racing Britt home last night. The exhaust is LOUD. Much louder than my Europipe Stage 2 loud. On the Europipe I know I can hear the turbos spooling up as I pull away and love the sound. Both systems are great- just different.

His new system sounds very aggressive and I like it. We talked about maybe getting together soon at my office under the garage soon for some covered runs and recording.

Keith

Old 07-11-2004, 01:19 AM
YOu can hear the turbo if you know what you're listening for but Keith is right it is almost too loud to hear it. My wife couldn't tell the difference... some women dont have a clue but she said she liked the way it sounded anyway.

Old 07-11-2004, 01:27 AM
Suneal is infamous around these parts
Nice I'd like to see those video clips if you make 'em.

Old 07-13-2004, 08:52 PM
Check it Joe!

Old 07-13-2004, 09:18 PM
bucking is infamous around these parts
I really have grown to love the sound(s) of my car since installing the Fabspeed SS. You really feel involved with the car. Some suggest that the car becomes obnoxious; I disagree, it comes alive(of course a few other good mods help prod that process). You hear the turbos; those great little burbles a good exhaust permits; and the SOUND. GREAT STUFF. I'm not knocking other systems (each to his own) but I do REALLY like the Fabspeed SS.

Old 07-13-2004, 09:33 PM
mklock is infamous around these parts
Dam bucking you should get a kickback from Fabspeed.

Old 07-13-2004, 09:36 PM
I do...everytime I drive my car; a real KICK in the ***.

Old 07-13-2004, 10:07 PM
Banned
Matt Fresh is infamous around these parts
Congrats! Sounds like you are really enjoying it. I have heard many say that this exhaust is WAY too loud for the street. I, myself, am a fan of loud exhaust and engines if the sound is right for the car, however if it is just obnoxious and blatently loud for not purpose (like a Harley) then I think it would drive me nuts on a daily basis. Can you hear music over it, or carry on a conversation while driving?

I had an Eisenmann exhaust on my M3 and that was pretty loud... the resonance from it made it difficult to talk in the car sometimes so I couldn't imagine going any louder than this.

Old 07-13-2004, 10:15 PM
Joe West is infamous around these parts
After roughly 7,000 miles on my fabspeed loud, I am still happy with it. If I could change anything, I'd make it a tad quieter and try to tune out some of the resonance.

I'd recommend that ANYONE thinking about getting one try to find someone in the group and take a test ride... when Fabspeed says loud, they mean LOUD. You will not get a feel for how loud this exhaust is from a sound clip... you need to ride in one.

Looking back, I would have made the same decision to buy the Fabspeed loud... cold starts on cold mornings are... well... you'd have to hear it to believe it.

Joe West

Old 07-13-2004, 10:24 PM
mklock is infamous around these parts
Talking and listening to music with a Fabspeed super sport is no problem, just dont start the engine. It is MUCH louder than the Eisenmann.

Old 07-13-2004, 10:52 PM
My '91 964turbo has a bunch of mods (cams, big turbo etc.) plus headers and a pretty open can for its exhaust (B&B, specifically). I always thought it was a little loud. But, in reality, it's a church mouse compared to my X50 GIAC stage 4 with the Fabspeed SS. Don't kid yourself, it is LOUD, hence the name. But, I,m really starting to think that the '91 is just too quiet. Hey, I'm not in the car business; I'm not in the car modification business; I'm just a simple country lawyer who likes a good hearty sports car. Can you hear your stereo? I don't know about anyone else, but I can hear mine and I can carry on a conversation when I'm driving the car. But, quite honestly, I don't really want to. I'm in these cars to have fun; it's an escape. It's fun, or at least it's supposed to be fun. If I want to listen to music, I can; I'd just rather do that at home where I can focus on that. When I'm in the turbo, I'm more interested in driving. But that's just me. And by the way, to compare the sound of a Fabspeed SS to an open exhaust Harley is nuts: If you've ridden such a bike( I have ridden one, not owned one, because I like motorcycles not "bikes") and driven a 996 turbo with a fabspeed SS, then you KNOW they don't sound at all alike. Bottom line, if you seek absolute tranquility in your life buy a Lexus, have a nice white wine and a gentle massage.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: FabSpeed SuperSport (LOUD) Installed.