996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

6GT3 to 6TT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 10:03 PM
LTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud of
6GT3 to 6TT

Hi Guys

Taking my 6GT3 off the track. In fact, taking myself off the track, too. Am thinking of moving to a Turbo, specifically an '03 X50. Anyone done likewise? Experience, good or bad?

I firmly believe the GT3 needs the track, and is wasted otherwise. I am looking for a more streetable car, more comfortable, but want the power. Before Porsche, I had a 380 hp RX-7 ('93). I had a 993TT (with S ECU) for about 6 months before I got the GT3 3 years ago.

If I decide to make the move, I'll sell the GT3, and its replacement will be a weekender, which for me is 5 days long as I'm semi-retired working 2 days a week.

Old 04-14-2008, 12:50 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
This would be PERFECT for Colby (carnerd) since he is selling his 996TT nicely done for a GT3, both of you should take advantage of the opportunity!

Old 04-14-2008, 10:35 AM
LTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud of
He and I have discussed it. He doesn't want a red or yellow car; mine is yellow. I don't want a black car; his is black. More importantly, I'm interested is an X50, not a chipped car.

Nonetheless, we explored it a bit, and our respective pricing didn't seem to fit. I've canvassed GT3 folks, have looked at the market, and will price mine at $75K essentially stock (RS wing and bumper, and Forgeline wheels), or $82K as:
2004 GT3
- Extended warranty until May '11
- Speed Yellow/black, matching safety belts
- 22,300 miles
- Cruise control
- Forgeline SX3 wheels
- Euro GT3 seats (stock Sport Seats included)
- TC Design custom rollbar
- Schroth six-point harnesses with B-K mounting brackets
- WEVO motor mounts
- TRG toe links
- RS carbon fiber wing with shims (stock wing included)
- RS front bumper and spoiler (stock spoiler included)
- Cargraphics mufflers
- B&M short-shifter with Evo linkage
- Motorsport brake airducts
- Safecraft halon extinguisher on B-K mount
- AutoMetrics tie-downs
- Clear Armoured
- Center console delete