996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

EVO GT610 Kit Released

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 06:36 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
is it possible for you to compare and contrast for us the K24 hybrid, Vivid Ball bearing turbos with external waste gates and then your current offering? So we can decide what is best for us?? ie best bang for the buck?
I think we would all think it helpful if possible?

Old 04-15-2008, 06:40 PM
TunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of light
Geez Alex... all your k24 attax are finally sinking in here lol. Looks like Sharkwerks/EVOMS has put together my next mod.

Thanks!

Old 04-15-2008, 06:43 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by tlarocque
My car was the test mule for this kit here with Evo in Phoenix, AZ. Have had the kit on the car for about 2 months now and I cannot say enough about how pleased I am. So far absolutely no issues. The power is smooth and linear but definitely throws you back in your seat. When I first drove it home I was hitting it pretty hard and I noticed some lights flickering in the left lower side of my dash. I called Mike thinking something was wrong but was pleased to learn that it was just the traction control was kicking in... I was breaking loose in 2nd gear!

So far no issues with cooling. I'm in Phoenix and its warming up so we'll see if that needs to be addressed. I'm also riding on the stock clutch right now and, again, so far its doing fine. I'll be at the track with the car this weekend so we'll see how it holds up.

The guys at Evo have been great to me and I'm sure that the Shark crew treats their customers equally well. I would highly recommend this kit, especially to those with K-16s that are looking to go beyond Stage 2. I have a couple other mods in store but I'm sure I'll be moving up to the GT-660 in time. Nice to know its a relatively simple upgrade and I already have most of the hardware I need.
Let us know and very much appreciated on the clutch. PSM? Turn that stuff off heh.... My thinking is the 610 should hold but not for too long;( After that it's the stage II clutch You'll love the 660 but you already know that

Old 04-15-2008, 07:01 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by tom kerr
Will this setup and my engine hold up on a track car??
Is this stuff for the guys that want to drive around on the streets and maybe dragstrip passes or can the car hold up for 90 minute enduro, 30 minute sprint race, practice and qualifying sessions in one weekend then weekend after weekend or is that not the intention for that kind of hp?
hi tom, good question... I know GT700s have and do... Whether it's Nurburgring or the Bay Area tracks (that's the car's we've done that get tracked anyway). Adding power to a pure track-car (which is what yours sounds like?) is a different ball game and you're right to ask. If I remember right you blew your motor when it was basically stock, correct? Either way I can only tell you from our experience that plenty of GT640s, 700 over the years have been pounded at the track and passed but these were/are at the end of the day still street cars. For the type of racing you're doing you want to address cooling, weight and have conservative power much more so than on a street car. It's not a super-high "crazy" HP kit and designed to be a daily driver. The way the power comes on (as you can see from the dyno) is pretty nice for the track I would think. Full boost by 3400-ish is very useful. For a track car and bearing in mind your history, I'd first see how this new motor is doing (log it) and then take a safer baby-step approach to adding power. Start with an exhaust, a program/flash of some kind. Test, test, log and log... see how things are and then so on.

PS I'd add the water-cooling kit too for a track car...

Last edited by sharkster; 04-15-2008 at 07:22 PM.
Old 04-15-2008, 07:02 PM
Originally Posted by 9Eleven
Looks good Shark. Red line is HP, blue line is torque, green line is boost, black line is AFR's. What does 18 psi equal? 1.2 bar?
They did good 1bar is 14.7psi is 1bar so about 1.25 bar.

Old 04-15-2008, 08:22 PM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
Nice Kit Alex! But if I ran the shop, I would refuse to put on any turbo smaller than a GT30.

Old 04-15-2008, 08:25 PM
Originally Posted by OhioGT2
Nice Kit Alex! But if I ran the shop, I would refuse to put on any turbo smaller than a GT30.
LOL, there's something to be said for quickie-spool kits! The EVO boys really did give us some nice stuff here to go from stage IIs (which there are so many of!)

GT30? I thought you were mr T-88 minimum!

Old 04-15-2008, 09:37 PM
tlarocque has a spectacular aura abouttlarocque has a spectacular aura about
As stated in my previous post, I will be taking the car to the track this weekend in Phoenix. Supposed to cool down (!!!) to the mid-80's. This is only a DE event but I think it will be a good chance to watch the temp guage and see how the clutch handles the power. I'm probably more of an 8 or 9 out of 10 driver on the track as I need this thing to get back and forth to work but this will definitely be the hardest I have driven since the GT-610 upgrade.

I'll let everyone how it runs. Anticipating that suspension and brake upgrades are going to be in order next.

Old 04-15-2008, 10:39 PM
torresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond repute
As stated in my previous post, I will be taking the car to the track this weekend in Phoenix. Supposed to cool down (!!!) to the mid-80's. This is only a DE event but I think it will be a good chance to watch the temp guage and see how the clutch handles the power. I'm probably more of an 8 or 9 out of 10 driver on the track as I need this thing to get back and forth to work but this will definitely be the hardest I have driven since the GT-610 upgrade.

I'll let everyone how it runs. Anticipating that suspension and brake upgrades are going to be in order next.
Todd,
Which suspension are you considering? We should do this together. I was thinking about getting the PSS10 with a rear swaybar.

Old 04-16-2008, 03:44 PM

Have fun out there and Phoenix on any given day is about as hot as it gets Be safe!

Old 04-16-2008, 06:52 PM
Thanks Alex. When are you going to be out again?

Old 04-16-2008, 08:02 PM
Thanks Alex. When are you going to be out again?
Actually trying to get out there soon to do some testing/tuning on the 3.8GT800 so been talking to Mike and the boys

Old 04-16-2008, 08:27 PM
Let me know when you plan to be here. Love to say hi and see that beast!

Old 04-17-2008, 10:12 AM
torresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond repute
I will for sure make it over to Evoms to see the beast!

Old 04-17-2008, 03:47 PM
sounds like a plan guys.. we should all do dinner or summin'. You guys have to hear the "Cannons" on Mike's car LOL. Those have a lot of history....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: EVO GT610 Kit Released