996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Add 30 hp on a K24 kit?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 02:56 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 9Eleven
I would say upgrade your wastegates. I definitely felt a difference in spool time, holding the boost and total power. Just think .1 bar over 1 bar is a 10 percent increase in power. .2 is twenty percent. Conservatively, thats 40 to 50 horsepower.
Which wastegate kit did you go with? Something external?

I'm thinking about the waistgate kit from evoms that is still internal but holds more boost.

Old 04-17-2008, 03:21 PM
Seal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to behold
I know you said you didn't want to do hybrids, but honestly the wastegate install would probably be almost as much work as the new turbo install (the hardest part is getting stuff out of the way to get at the turbos). You can get your K24s turned into K24/18gs and have upgraded wastegate actuators installed on them while they're out for cheap (should be in the $1200 neighborhood).

Old 04-17-2008, 03:34 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
You'll have to forgive me for being stubborn but coming from a corvette which was highly modified I am very skiddish about doing "too much" to the car and it starting to break down, I know Al Nortons car breaks the rods on the waistgates all the time, I dont want to risk any problems because of going to far. I just need a little bit more power, and would rather start off with the little things that free up air flow and boost.

I may crack and get the hybrids, but I get satisfaction on doing the most with the least.

Old 04-17-2008, 04:45 PM
9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by heavychevy
Which wastegate kit did you go with? Something external?

I'm thinking about the waistgate kit from evoms that is still internal but holds more boost.
I was reluctant to buy these, I thought it was all B.S., but I was wrong. So far this was the best modification for the limited investment. Spool is faster, holds steady and peaks at 1.2. They work and you will feel it immediately. It took me about an hour and if I can do it, a trained monkey could probably do it in 45 minutes.

http://www.evoms.com/marketplace/Vie...00E34BCACB0%7D

Last edited by 9Eleven; 04-17-2008 at 04:48 PM.
Old 04-17-2008, 04:47 PM
Banned
Staff@RPM is infamous around these parts
You'll have to forgive me for being stubborn but coming from a corvette which was highly modified I am very skiddish about doing "too much" to the car and it starting to break down, I know Al Nortons car breaks the rods on the waistgates all the time, I dont want to risk any problems because of going to far. I just need a little bit more power, and would rather start off with the little things that free up air flow and boost.

I may crack and get the hybrids, but I get satisfaction on doing the most with the least.
Hi... the intake plemun,evoms wastegates, and a K&N/BMC air filter. If you would like a little more then go with the 75mm TB and plemun. All are high hp cars run these and love it.
Tim

Old 04-17-2008, 05:39 PM
I must have something on my wastegates already then because I am running 1.1 spiking at 1.2 and I have the same ECU as you 9eleven.

Old 04-17-2008, 05:45 PM
DERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of light
You could be right,hook up your pressure pump and guage and if the WG starts to move at around 11.5-12.5 psi it is not the stock springs. Stock springs move at 7-8 psi.

Old 04-17-2008, 05:49 PM
Do I have to use the T connector?

Old 04-17-2008, 06:00 PM
DERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of light
Here you go, you only use "t" if needed

Old 04-17-2008, 06:02 PM
HAHAH

that's awesome

Thanks

Old 04-17-2008, 06:05 PM
HAHAH

that's awesome

Thanks

I should have been a artist !!!

this will also help

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...gate+adjusting

Old 04-17-2008, 06:34 PM
I dont have the right size tubing, I'll go get some tommorrow.

Old 04-17-2008, 06:40 PM
On second thought after viewing that thread, I do have the right size. But it seems to big for the little metal end that is connected to the black tubing on the waistgate.

I dont want to break anything. and mine is pointing up instead of down, can I rotate it?

Old 04-17-2008, 07:01 PM
Ok, in light of 9elevens recent snappage of wastegate rod, I'm not screwing with it. I know Al had the problem MANY MANY times because I watched Neil always replacing it. Al told me Cleve had the same problem in his GT2 always carrying rods to the track. Exactly what I want to avoid. Especially since I'm already boosting 1.1 spiking at 1.2. I do not want to be at the track changing rods, I barely have enough time for pads and rotors when needed.

Derboost thanks for all the help on that though.

So on to plan B:

Air Box- Trying one from Vivid, will post dyno results.
DV's - Have some, just havent put em in. May do that now.

So the verdict will be:

1) If I dyno 520 or higher (dynojet) with the Vivid Box and DV's I'm leaving her alone.

2) If I'm much less than 520 then I get hybrids

Old 04-17-2008, 07:38 PM
9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute
Heavy, just replace the springs in your stock wastegates, then you won't have the problem of snapping the rod. UMW sells a kit where you just replace the springs and they will perform like the EVO wastegate. BTW, EVO just called and told me that they are aware of the problem and have designed a new rod. It seems that the old rod suffered from heat and was compromised. They are sending me the updated set tomorrow, no charge. We'll see.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Add 30 hp on a K24 kit?