996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Add 30 hp on a K24 kit?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 09:37 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
RUT ROH!!!!!!!!!!

I was taking out my stock DV's to put the bailey's in tonight and come to find out I have big cut in the Y pipe below the DV's so turns out I have been leaking boost. I dont even know if that's something I want to tackle, it looks like 3x as hard as messing with the DV's themselves.

Old 04-17-2008, 09:38 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Uh 9eleven, I get the point bro.

Old 04-23-2008, 06:19 PM
WOWEE, finally got the DV's finished today and OMG the car just woke up, feels like I got all the hp and torque back plus a bunch from when I went from the PSI to Straight Pipes. I cant imagine how fast it would be with the PSI back on.

Next on the list is a dyno to see where I am right now on a dynojet. Then IC's and a port on the headers.

Old 04-23-2008, 07:26 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Seal Grey Matte
I know you said you didn't want to do hybrids, but honestly the wastegate install would probably be almost as much work as the new turbo install (the hardest part is getting stuff out of the way to get at the turbos). You can get your K24s turned into K24/18gs and have upgraded wastegate actuators installed on them while they're out for cheap (should be in the $1200 neighborhood).
+1 you will be amazed!! Time Trial record here you come!!

Old 04-23-2008, 07:41 PM
If I'm not within 20 whp of my goal (517-547 whp) then I'll consider it, but I think I am and if so hybrids will be overkill, and I'm not going with all that boost controllers and such.

Old 04-23-2008, 09:23 PM
Seal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to behold
I hear ya, but FYI, you don't need to run a boost controller with K24/18g hybrids. They have internal wastegates. What I meant by upgraded wastegates was upgraded integrated wastegate actuators (same basic setup as stock but stiffer springs inside and a thicker actuator rod). Just tell whoever is making your K24/18g hybrids that you want them and they'll slap them on and pre-set the crack pressure to whatever you want (1-1.2 bar).

Old 04-23-2008, 10:03 PM
LiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond repute
Same boat as you heavychevy, trying to get the most out of an OEM platform before I go on to bigger. I should be getting my car back from RPM pretty soon and I am hoping that I dont just bring it back in for bigger turbos haha.

Seal Grey , I have a feeling a lot will depend on if you walk me bad with your hybrids!!! lol

Old 04-23-2008, 11:14 PM
Originally Posted by Seal Grey Matte
I hear ya, but FYI, you don't need to run a boost controller with K24/18g hybrids. They have internal wastegates. What I meant by upgraded wastegates was upgraded integrated wastegate actuators (same basic setup as stock but stiffer springs inside and a thicker actuator rod). Just tell whoever is making your K24/18g hybrids that you want them and they'll slap them on and pre-set the crack pressure to whatever you want (1-1.2 bar).

Good info, that does simplify it a bit.

Old 04-23-2008, 11:27 PM
Originally Posted by LiNks
Same boat as you heavychevy, trying to get the most out of an OEM platform before I go on to bigger. I should be getting my car back from RPM pretty soon and I am hoping that I dont just bring it back in for bigger turbos haha.

Seal Grey , I have a feeling a lot will depend on if you walk me bad with your hybrids!!! lol

Good idea. I'd like to run a hybrid car myself on the highway to see the difference, I have yet to get pulled on a straight on any track other than the MTI Z06 with 650 whp.

Old 04-24-2008, 08:04 AM
Seal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by LiNks
I don't think that'll happen... mine are lowly K16 based 'brids. Your tuned K24s should make similar peak power. Where mine shine are early boost onset and linear boost development (area under the curve). Not as big of a deal in an all out drag race, but fun around town and on a track.
One way to find out though...

Old 04-24-2008, 09:19 AM
LiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond repute
Your right........but with that said, you should get the jump, and then if you can pull those 600 ponys through the power band you should stay up front for a while until speeds im hoping not to reach with you lol . . . . I hope my car is ready by Saturday, its going to be cutting it very close, and we both have new clutches, so from a roll I guess? also I need wastegates!

Old 04-25-2008, 02:30 PM
DYNOJET

Mods:
ECU (Orton)
Straight Pipes (AWE)
K24's
DV's (forge)

93 Octane

524.7 max whp

523.8 whp @ 6400 rpm & 497.8 wtq @ 4600 rpm
(torque a hp curves crossing @ 5250)
(AF ratio 14.0 idle down to 11.7/11.8)

Made 475 wheel tq @ 3900 rpm so turbos are kicking strong really early.

I'm too lazy to scan, but I'm happy with the results. No power mods needed. Going with IC's though. I'd bet it would be in the 530+ whp range with the PSI exhaust back on.

Last edited by heavychevy; 04-25-2008 at 02:35 PM.
Old 04-25-2008, 02:42 PM
DERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of light
Nice ! what was this at? 1.1 Bar?

Old 04-25-2008, 04:45 PM
Originally Posted by DERBOOST
Nice ! what was this at? 1.1 Bar?

I bet it was peaking at 1.2 bar because it always gets to 1.2 right a few hundred rpm before redline when I'm driving. I was on the phone with Al because we couldnt find the tach wire at first so I didnt get to see from inside the car and didnt ask him to look at it.

Old 04-25-2008, 04:47 PM
jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !
Nice numbers man, runnin strong! Go with intercoolers and intake plenium and you'll be good to go.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Add 30 hp on a K24 kit?