996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Add 30 hp on a K24 kit?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 09:38 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Add 30 hp on a K24 kit?

I know right now that my car on a RWD dynojet would be about 480-490 rwhp. But is looks as though I may opt to add a little power as opposed to losing all of it in weight (too much stuff to do), for competition weight/power ratio.

Right now I'm just K24's, straight pipes, and Ecu. Switching to hybrids is the last resort for that little amount of power addage as I'm not going higher than that and it will be overkill. So if I need to add that last little bit of hp to get to my desired hp/weight ratio, what's the best way? (meth and nos NOT AN OPTION!!!!!)

Old 04-16-2008, 10:05 PM
GTRETA is a splendid one to beholdGTRETA is a splendid one to beholdGTRETA is a splendid one to beholdGTRETA is a splendid one to beholdGTRETA is a splendid one to beholdGTRETA is a splendid one to beholdGTRETA is a splendid one to behold
Maybe one of these?

Old 04-16-2008, 10:10 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Any verified results on intakes? I know they are not all that popular here.

Old 04-16-2008, 10:14 PM
GTRETA is a splendid one to beholdGTRETA is a splendid one to beholdGTRETA is a splendid one to beholdGTRETA is a splendid one to beholdGTRETA is a splendid one to beholdGTRETA is a splendid one to beholdGTRETA is a splendid one to behold
It's like anything one here, some say positive things others say negative things, it's a forum, I personally had one and I feel it made a slight difference, not sure on HP though.

Old 04-16-2008, 10:15 PM
I also noticed that you don't have an Intake? Maybe try Vivid? Only a suggestion....

Old 04-16-2008, 10:22 PM
I've thought about the Vivid unit, but with so many orders placed, the response has been mum to say the least, I just dont want to get caught chasing my tail, if there is a sure fire way (that's not hybrids) I want to go that route first.

I could swear there were some k24 cars around here with 500 whp or more which is why I asked.

Old 04-17-2008, 01:20 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by heavychevy
I've thought about the Vivid unit, but with so many orders placed, the response has been mum to say the least, I just dont want to get caught chasing my tail, if there is a sure fire way (that's not hybrids) I want to go that route first.

I could swear there were some k24 cars around here with 500 whp or more which is why I asked.
heavy chevy not sure what your exact set up but I remember sevarl GT2s we did with just a flash, Europipe Stage II, EVO headers, EVO waste gate boost kit and DVs. Put down 520-530rwhp on a dynojet.

Old 04-17-2008, 01:53 AM
Great idea Sharky, I knew there was an easier way than hybrids.

I'm thinking maybe that EVO intake if they can convince me it really makes 30 hp mid range, DV's and the wastegate kit. That might over do it. I definitely cant go over 530 or so whp.

Intake and DV's may do it, I need a dynojet dyno. I'm going to get old girl up in the air tommorrow and take the shaft out and make a dyno appointment so I can see exactly where I'm starting from.

BTW I'm looking for power that's not only stronger but more efficient in the way the motor uses it, just cranking up the boost with boost kits etc isnt what I want, which is why I'll be more drawn to an intake if it works out. But I will consider the wastegate seriously though.

Last edited by heavychevy; 04-17-2008 at 01:55 AM.
Old 04-17-2008, 01:56 AM
BTW GRETA, who makes that intake you posted?

I think Dan @ vivid was trying to get some people to dyno with their agency power intake to see if it made any power, my stock box is modified (see: cut open) but if I can get 15 or so whp out of that I'll get it. But the underwhelming response is scary. Erring on the side of customer proven results.

Last edited by heavychevy; 04-17-2008 at 02:02 AM.
Old 04-17-2008, 02:23 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
I would upgrade the springs... run 1.25 bars on 100 octane.... and oddly no one talks ever about intercoolers... yet at the road track they are crucial to keep the temps down...
I have that plenum discussed... sure its great but not for ur basic setup...
Do u have a upgraded clutch? if not I would look at that too...

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 04-17-2008, 04:04 AM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
Markski stole my thunder.

Beyond the DVs and springs in the wastegates, I'd look at doing a set of blown six intercoolers (which is my next upgrade BTW).

I don't think any of the airboxes on the market will get you any more HP. Not sure about those intake tubes... But the above list will get you more sustained power of the the duration of a run group session, especially with summer heat and humidity on the horizon!

Mike

Old 04-17-2008, 07:03 AM
9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute
I would say upgrade your wastegates. I definitely felt a difference in spool time, holding the boost and total power. Just think .1 bar over 1 bar is a 10 percent increase in power. .2 is twenty percent. Conservatively, thats 40 to 50 horsepower.

Old 04-17-2008, 09:49 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Heavy, I will send you one of the blems I have left for you to install and test. Buzz me.

I just recently sold an intake to a customer in Europe who dynoed it and ran it on the street claiming the power gains. We have sold 50+ with not 1 issue except MKelly. The quality is improving and our Carbon Fiber boxes will be released shortly. Every car we test it on makes a difference. The 2 intakes I gave out for free to 6speed members were suppose to dyno, do install pics, and write ups.... I will find those people and get updates.

Old 04-17-2008, 09:50 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Also Heavy I run the IPD on my car, will make a difference. Great mod.

Old 04-17-2008, 10:57 AM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
K24 Hybrids are a no brainer on your car and great bang for the buck.
send them in to Dan at Vivid.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Add 30 hp on a K24 kit?