996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Need A Traffic Attorney for ticket I got

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 08:48 PM
dtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud of
Need A Traffic Attorney for ticket I got

today Nbound on 280 just South of San Francisco. Motorcycle CHP wrote me for 86 in a 65 + tinted windows. He said he got me w/ Laser/Lidar. Any recommendations woud be appreciated.

Old 04-17-2008, 08:57 PM
NoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant future
Gee I don't know. Pay the ticket?

Old 04-17-2008, 09:01 PM
eight0zero is infamous around these parts
Im not a lawyer, but If your story is true and your guilty... it sounds like you just need to pay the ticket.

Old 04-17-2008, 09:35 PM
rwilliamtaylor is a glorious beacon of lightrwilliamtaylor is a glorious beacon of lightrwilliamtaylor is a glorious beacon of lightrwilliamtaylor is a glorious beacon of lightrwilliamtaylor is a glorious beacon of light
I don't have a recommendation in NoCal but I can say that my wife beat 2 speeding tickets when she was clearly GUILTY as charged. (Odd that she gets the tickets while driving my car and I never have.... Hmmm... Blonde in sports car maybe???)

The way she beat both was that the radar gun that was used was out of calibration. The have to be calibrated every 90 days, but police departments rarely do because of the cost. It cost her $100 for each ticket, but no points or insurance rate issues.

Old 04-17-2008, 11:15 PM
ard
ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !
There is nothing more annoying then people saying 'well, pay the ticket if you were speeding'

How about we just get rid of cops and those twits can send in their fines when they speed- no need for a ticket!

eightzero might take note that there is no "story"- simply a telling of what the cop WROTE or claimed. For all you geniuses know, the OP was parked on the damn shoulder.

And if you are law enforcement, your response will be "officers don't ticket people who aren't guilty". Right?

No recommendations for an atty, but a great book you can buy (it will help you be a better client, and may help you come to a strategy faster) is "How to beat your speeding ticket in California"...Borders, etc. carries it. Nolo press

Old 04-18-2008, 12:14 AM
raidentech is infamous around these parts
Just do a written declaration contest. Search on google for some advice. You get 50/50 chance of winning! Better than just pay up! And if you lost, you still have chance to hit the traffic school to get rid of your point.

Old 04-18-2008, 12:26 AM
flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by raidentech
Just do a written declaration contest. Search on google for some advice. You get 50/50 chance of winning! Better than just pay up! And if you lost, you still have chance to hit the traffic school to get rid of your point.
Yep, do this. I have done the written trial by mail 3 times (won twice). It is your best bet. The best way to contest is to say the laser is not certain which car it detected since you were around other cars. You are basically trying to get the cop not to want to fill out the paperwork on his end. Even if he does, you have a slight chance the judge will dismiss.

Pay the fine in order to get the trial by mail paperwork sent to you. It's free and it's probably your best chance to get out of it.

Old 04-18-2008, 01:11 AM
bpanos is a jewel in the roughbpanos is a jewel in the roughbpanos is a jewel in the roughbpanos is a jewel in the rough
dtmarsh you have a pm

Old 04-18-2008, 09:48 AM
dtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud of
Thanks, guys. I got some good info here and will report back with progress.

Old 04-18-2008, 09:54 AM
Originally Posted by ard
There is nothing more annoying then people saying 'well, pay the ticket if you were speeding'

How about we just get rid of cops and those twits can send in their fines when they speed- no need for a ticket!

eightzero might take note that there is no "story"- simply a telling of what the cop WROTE or claimed. For all you geniuses know, the OP was parked on the damn shoulder.

And if you are law enforcement, your response will be "officers don't ticket people who aren't guilty". Right?

No recommendations for an atty, but a great book you can buy (it will help you be a better client, and may help you come to a strategy faster) is "How to beat your speeding ticket in California"...Borders, etc. carries it. Nolo press
Found the book from NOLO. The title is "Fight Your Ticket and Win in California."

Thx.

Old 04-18-2008, 11:18 AM
ard
ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dtmarsh
Found the book from NOLO. The title is "Fight Your Ticket and Win in California."

Thx.

Well, I had the "in California" right

Old 04-18-2008, 01:50 PM
x50plt is a splendid one to beholdx50plt is a splendid one to beholdx50plt is a splendid one to beholdx50plt is a splendid one to beholdx50plt is a splendid one to beholdx50plt is a splendid one to beholdx50plt is a splendid one to behold
if you have ever seen how laser works, saying that they got the wrong car does not work, radar maybe

Old 04-18-2008, 02:11 PM
jay_ftw is infamous around these parts
There is a thread floating around here with reference to a lawyer that says she'll have your ticket dismissed or you don't pay...I'd do a search.

Old 04-18-2008, 02:17 PM
flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by x50plt
if you have ever seen how laser works, saying that they got the wrong car does not work, radar maybe
I don't need to see how laser works to know I have had 2 tickets dismissed this way. And yes it was laser because I saw them aiming it on the side of the road. I also know of someone else who had one dismissed using the same trick. I even drew up a funny looking diagram showing my car in a pack of cars saying they have no proof that the laser was hitting my car specifically. It worked for me.

Old 04-18-2008, 02:18 PM
Originally Posted by x50plt
Incidentally, the CHP pulled me and a Dodge pickup over at the same time and wrote us both for speed. I would think the margin for error would be substantially higher w/ one cop controlling one laser on mulitple vehicles while driving a motorcyle and pulling those mulitple vehicles over.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Need A Traffic Attorney for ticket I got