996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

996 Turbo Brake Information - DIY and Sorting truth from Fiction!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-31-2008, 07:18 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
I'm not talking about the stopping power, I'm talking about the pedal feel.

The reason a lot of guys have been asking what's wrong with our brakes.

Old 05-31-2008, 07:29 PM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
I refuse to support internet brands

Last edited by Mikelly; 03-26-2010 at 03:18 PM.
Old 06-01-2008, 05:39 AM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !

Old 06-01-2008, 06:17 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Mike, whats the difference in the 997 TT rear rotors and 996 TT reasrs?

Old 06-01-2008, 07:21 AM
manalex is infamous around these parts
You need to change your screen name to Brakelly.

Great stuff, this needs to be a sticky.

By the way, you described the symptoms I'm having to the tee.

I looked into the prices for the various brake fluids and noted that the Castrol SPF ($75/L) was way more than Motul ($30/L) and ATE Super Blue ($12/L). Is this because of the non-hygroscopic nature of the fluid? Off hand which one of the fluids listed are non-hygroscopic? It seems that going with the cheaper and just as effective brands is the way too go. You just need to change the fluid a couple of times a season.

Thanks again...

Old 06-01-2008, 07:29 AM
The temp rating is more important than the brand. ATE WILL boil on you on a hard braking circuit, Motul 600, Ap Racing 600 or something of the sort is great and you dont need to flush it all the time, I only flushed twice in the last year. AP 600 really recovers well from DE/TT.

Old 06-01-2008, 08:43 AM

Old 06-01-2008, 08:46 AM
If you arent changing the brake bias, how is it more balanced?

Old 06-01-2008, 02:25 PM

Old 06-01-2008, 05:27 PM
Onibas is infamous around these parts
Very good information.

Old 06-02-2008, 06:34 PM
L Gancho is infamous around these parts
This is a great post! Decided to go with the 6-piston/350mm front upgrade pkg. from Suncoast. Those guys are great! Parts arrived on time and installed before NASA track event at Homestead. Installed EBC Yellowstuff pads all around as well as the Goodridge brake lines. Braking is fantastic and work excellent at the track. Thanks for the info. on this post and to Suncoast for all their help.

Old 06-02-2008, 08:16 PM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
hey el gancho, curious how do you like the EBC yellows. have you tried the pagid yellows if you have wondering how they compare.

Old 06-03-2008, 03:51 PM
shonuf is a splendid one to beholdshonuf is a splendid one to beholdshonuf is a splendid one to beholdshonuf is a splendid one to beholdshonuf is a splendid one to beholdshonuf is a splendid one to beholdshonuf is a splendid one to beholdshonuf is a splendid one to behold
fine post. thanks
i use brembo gtr brakes. they squeak but man o man do they stop.

Old 06-03-2008, 06:12 PM
L Gancho is infamous around these parts
Hey Oak! Been a while since we've talked. I started using the EBC brakes as track pads and have not yet tried the Pagid's. My bro has been using EBC's for years. Had an instructor who was worried because I didn't install the Pagid's (like everyone else), but he took a few laps and he didn't notice much difference. What I especially like about them, is you don't have to swap pads between street and track. They simply do not squeel with the standard OEM brakes or the new 6-pistons. When you consider the cost difference in pads... for me it was a no brainer. I purchased mine from www.perfectbrakes.com. Those guys are great! Give them a try, I think you'll be pleased. Hope all is well and good luck! No affiliation with any vendors mentioned, blah, blah, blah.

Old 06-04-2008, 09:09 AM
SuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to behold
Alex! I'm glad to hear that everything went smoothly. Let me know if there's anything else I can do for you, man!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 996 Turbo Brake Information - DIY and Sorting truth from Fiction!