996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Bent Wheel and Stranded in Atlanta

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-13-2004, 05:10 AM
ColorChange is infamous around these parts
Oh man Ken, sorry!

Old 07-13-2004, 05:58 AM
rsrracer is infamous around these parts
Come on, guys, these inverted salad bowls arent nearly the size of the Boxters and ferraris I run over during track days.

Glad you were not hurt.

Old 07-13-2004, 06:19 AM
Carolina Speed
james is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by vipertestarossa

Ken, on the way home keep the KPV machine in the lane!!!!) [/B]
Ouch, Ron, you mean you never dropped part of a wheel at the TOD trying to impress your navigator? Besides, Ken just thought they were reflectors not Road Turtles. Ken, I couldn't think of a worse thing happening to a nicer guy. I really enjoyed meeting all of you. Everyone was so sincerely neat. Let's start planning the next event. The carolina's gang is trying to go to VIR in mid Sept for a three day full course through Potomic PCA. Thanks again for dinner on Thurs. from Tony and Xico that was way too nice. The weekend was magical . . . and it didn't directly involve a woman. Hmmm, is that good or bad?

Last edited by james; 07-13-2004 at 06:34 AM.
Old 07-13-2004, 06:50 AM
ypshan is infamous around these parts
Ken,

I feel for you. I am sitting in the Newark airport club waiting to fly to Atlanta. The weather posted a couple of hours of delay.

If I saw this when I was at home, I could offer to fly you a set of my spare tires so you can drive back to NJ. You can always package up the bent wheel and send it to the Collision Center in PA for repair and mail the rest 3 home. It's not a lot of $ to UPS them.

Be careful with the wheel repair facilities. Not all of them are good and can fix your wheel to the degree that you feel comfortable doing 180 on it.

Old 07-13-2004, 07:39 AM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Originally posted by cjv
Ken,

The joys of owning 19" wheels and tires. I just don't understand how being stranded with Noreen and her friend for a few days can be considered "experiencing a problem."

you say that like 18" wheel owners don't experience the same problems, I know I have unfortunately

Old 07-13-2004, 07:41 AM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Originally posted by JASCLASS
From what I understand the SSR GT3 has soft lips, thats a pretty bad bend.
I've found a lot of 3 piece SSR's have soft lips, my girl had a set that the lip bent on on 3 different occasions w/ 225/40/18's

Old 07-13-2004, 07:44 AM
those turtles are f'ing MEAN!!!

Old 07-13-2004, 08:14 AM
Banned for Life
Cole_21 is a jewel in the roughCole_21 is a jewel in the roughCole_21 is a jewel in the rough
I have had SSR's on my S2000 forever and have no problems

Old 07-13-2004, 08:15 AM
Banned for Life
Cole_21 is a jewel in the roughCole_21 is a jewel in the roughCole_21 is a jewel in the rough
i love them they are one of the nicest and cleanest looking wheels and grab alot of attention. Yes i have had numerous people claim that they are really easy to bend but in Ken's case that would have bent every wheel

Old 07-13-2004, 09:09 AM
vipertestarossa is a jewel in the roughvipertestarossa is a jewel in the roughvipertestarossa is a jewel in the rough
James,

It was an inside joke between 2 close friends, lighten up buddy

Last edited by vipertestarossa; 07-13-2004 at 09:12 AM.
Old 07-13-2004, 07:36 PM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
Hey Ken: Are you coming back anytime soon??? I realize your stranded w/ two hot babes....but where's my engineering plans???

Old 07-13-2004, 07:52 PM
KPV
KPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really nice
Chris,
Thanks to Ron at Forest Hill, I should receive my replacement wheel and tire today. Once I receive it, I will replace the pretzel and start my long and arduous jaunt homeward. I have had a great time down here and wish to stay but duty calls. I am really starting to stress over work. DEADLINES, DEADLINES AND MORE DEADLINES!!

Last night was fun. Dock called me and asked if I wanted to get together with him and Ruiner for a couple of drinks. Noreen was kind enough to extend an invitation to them to come over. They did. We hung out talking about the TOD and watching some of the video. Dock, it was great to see you again, you are good people. Ruiner, it was great to finally meet you.
My plan is to leave here at high noon and drive and drive and drive. It looks like 848 miles from point to point.

I am thinking 10 hours flat Gumball style!!!

Old 07-13-2004, 07:54 PM
vtgts300kw is infamous around these parts
I could think of much worse cars to be driving 848miles in!!

Old 07-13-2004, 08:01 PM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
Have a safe trip back Ken :-)

Old 07-13-2004, 08:28 PM
I soon will be a supporting member
dbelleperc is infamous around these parts
Second that, be save.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Bent Wheel and Stranded in Atlanta