996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Highhats!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 07:22 AM
$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !
You're not right bro.

Old 04-22-2008, 08:45 AM
SpeedYellow has a spectacular aura aboutSpeedYellow has a spectacular aura aboutSpeedYellow has a spectacular aura about
Sounds like the car will never come back. Looks like when Stephen prints 800AWHP there will be talk of what 1000AWHP would look like in which case the car may have to stay at Imagine Auto for another 6 months. Stephen, is there any talk of having custom IRON cases and cylinders done for HighHats' car? I am kidding of course, but everyone really does want to see the car so hopefully for Suman this variation of the build will be it. Everyone really does want to see what the car does when Suman decides to ease our shared addiction (lust for power) so we hope to see the car driven on the street. Suman, this is going to set an unbearably high standard for the rest of us. You may have to cut a deal with IA where they get to place your car on the show circuit after it's all said and done before you ultimately take delivery. Congratulations on nearing the end of your journey.

Last edited by SpeedYellow; 04-22-2008 at 08:49 AM.
Old 04-22-2008, 09:54 AM
Highhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs up

This is the issue... My Porsche has been gone for 11 months yet my Evo will smoke it on the street or drag strip. This poses a problem! This problem will be alleviated in the coming few weeks.

New build methods have been proven in Japan with over 1600hp...

Old 04-22-2008, 10:02 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Highhats
This is the issue... My Porsche has been gone for 11 months yet my Evo will smoke it on the street or drag strip. This poses a problem! This problem will be alleviated in the coming few weeks.

New build methods have been proven in Japan with over 1600hp...
If you really look at it realistically, we all waited about a year....

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 04-22-2008, 10:07 AM
Just a boxster?
JP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond repute
Hell a bolt on Super Charger had me wait over a year.....But I was the test mule. These BIG builds take time, patients and dedication, all of witch I do not have.

Best of luck and I look forward to seeing the completed project.

Old 04-23-2008, 08:43 AM
SpeedYellow has a spectacular aura aboutSpeedYellow has a spectacular aura aboutSpeedYellow has a spectacular aura about
I'd consider having a motor built next time (while driving the car) vs sending the entire car into the shop if you do enjoy driving it on a regular basis. With 900+ hp it's probably advisable to have a spare motor lying around anyways.... You will blow it up eventually and it's tough to be our of pocket for so long. re: The EVO-Smoking your 996TT/IA900 perhaps you'd consider swapping all of the body panels with carbon fibre race parts, doing the lexan-glass and then ripping the interior out with an austere GT3 seating arrangement among other things so that you end up with a lighter car. There's nothing that beats weight reduction for increased speed and the sad truth is that these are heavy cars. The next move (far more bang for the buck and doesn't require oil changes or new turbos) is to dramatically reduce the weight of the car.

Old 04-23-2008, 11:13 AM
Highhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to behold
good point I would have to think that stuff over. But I love all the amenities in my car like my custom sub box and amp.

S

Old 04-23-2008, 12:37 PM
Caluclations

Originally Posted by Highhats
good point I would have to think that stuff over. But I love all the amenities in my car like my custom sub box and amp.

S
Suman,

The results are pretty easy to figure out. The links below will be a decent guide for you. It's no lie that drag racing deals with "known" facts and is basically an exercise in physics. They know what the run should look like based on power and weight + gearing. That's why at that level it boils down to RT's and if the opponent breaks his car. Consider the following in your continued journey and prosper.

http://www.ajdesigner.com/phphorsepo...ight_ratio.php

Old 04-23-2008, 12:49 PM
Basically with 800WHP and @ 3000 pounds car weight you'd run FLAT 9's @ 160mph trap speeds or something like that. You'd need around 1100WHP in order to run that same trap speed @ 3700lbs so you get the idea.

These are rough estimates but no one can argue the math. Considering also the possibility of breaking things while running 1100WHP as well... Much safer and more consistent to just DROP WEIGHT.

Magically, if you are running 12's @ 3700LB (stocker weight) @ 120mph trap speeds; the same calculator shows you in need of around 425WHP so the math is pretty consistent. Stock 996TT's with a flash have been known to run high 12's.

Old 04-23-2008, 01:00 PM
jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SpeedYellow
Basically with 800WHP and @ 3000 pounds car weight you'd run FLAT 9's @ 160mph trap speeds or something like that. You'd need around 1100WHP in order to run that same trap speed @ 3700lbs so you get the idea.

These are rough estimates but no one can argue the math. Considering also the possibility of breaking things while running 1100WHP as well... Much safer and more consistent to just DROP WEIGHT.

Magically, if you are running 12's @ 3700LB (stocker weight) @ 120mph trap speeds; the same calculator shows you in need of around 425WHP so the math is pretty consistent. Stock 996TT's with a flash have been known to run high 12's.
You comming to MAXRPM on Sat?

Jag

Old 04-23-2008, 01:54 PM
Alex called me on this event and I am (unfortunately) going South do do a rental on a building of mine. Would otherwise have loved to have gone.