996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Need a clutch that can handle 700+hp

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 10:58 AM
BLKM3 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Seal Grey Matte
I saw your car up on the lift 2 hours ago... Lookin good!
Thanks man, you should've asked them to start it up.

Originally Posted by sharkster
LOL leave him alone! He was on the fence for a while... You'll "hear" him coming. It's a LOT louder now with the new turbos

LOL, thanks Alex. Take your time with the clutch problem, I am sure you'll be able to figure it out. Man, I can't wait to get the car back!

Old 04-22-2008, 11:50 AM
EVOMS38T is infamous around these parts
BLKM3, I am on it and have been conversing with my techs and cluchmasters to get you another clutch tomorrow. We cant keep the clutches on the shelf and have never had a problem. It could be a bunch of things but I will make sure you have something I have tested here before they install it tomorrow!

Mike@EVOMS

Old 04-22-2008, 11:52 AM
Seal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by BLKM3
Thanks man, you should've asked them to start it up.
Sorry... not you... I saw LiNks' car out at RPMNorth in NY this morning.

Good luck with your setup, though! I was dropping my car off to get a clutchmaster kit installed though, so now you and Alex have got me worrying.

Old 04-22-2008, 03:05 PM
LiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Seal Grey Matte
Sorry... not you... I saw LiNks' car out at RPMNorth in NY this morning.

Good luck with your setup, though! I was dropping my car off to get a clutchmaster kit installed though, so now you and Alex have got me worrying.
Yea..... Eddie fabbed up a custom Y-Pipe for me as well as turbo inlet pipes and everything went out for powder coat today speed red! Think I should have my car by the end of the week, then that crucial 500 mile break in for the kevlar clutch..

Seal Grey Matte, I actually took a look at your clutch to compare it to mine and it is a night and day difference. I went with a standard Stage III clutch set up for a 996tt off of the Clutchmasters website, Steel backed Segmented Carbon/Kevlar the only thing I changed was I opted for a unsprung hub..... I saw your clutch though and it definitely looked interesting, I think it should work good. Curious to drive my car and your car to see the difference.

Old 04-22-2008, 03:18 PM
Seal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to behold
Eddie was elbows deep in it when I showed up this morning.
Now I'm jealous. I didn't have a chance to look at the clutchmaster parts this morning because I was running so late (Tim wasn't there and the guy at the front desk didn't know where it was).
From what I was told by Louis at Clutchmasters it is kevlar on the pressure plate side and organic on the flywheel side with a sprung hub. Louis seemed to think that the sprung hub (ala stock) would take some of the chatter out of the engagement.
Does that sound like what you looked at?

Old 04-22-2008, 04:22 PM
LiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond repute
That sounds pretty much identical to what I looked at, your kevlar side was a little different then my kevlar side (pattern wise) for whatever reason, and my clutch will probably be a little harsher then yours just by viewing them both, but I kind of want the toughness to go along with the power and future power, and dont want think about seeing my tranny out again for a long while ; )

Old 04-22-2008, 04:49 PM
Smart move. I am DONE at my power level. I have no interest in digging into the fuel system or internals and it's more than I need on the street already. If I had any inclination of going with more juice, I definitely would have made the same choice you did.

Old 04-22-2008, 05:28 PM
dgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond repute
[quote=Seal Grey Matte;1810335]Smart move. I am DONE at my power level. I have no interest in digging into the fuel system or internals and it's more than I need on the street already. quote]

Yea, I have heard that one before

Old 04-22-2008, 06:17 PM
BLKM3 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by EVOMS38T
BLKM3, I am on it and have been conversing with my techs and cluchmasters to get you another clutch tomorrow. We cant keep the clutches on the shelf and have never had a problem. It could be a bunch of things but I will make sure you have something I have tested here before they install it tomorrow!

Mike@EVOMS
Mike,

Thank you for your help! I hope it does the trick!

Old 04-22-2008, 06:24 PM
Originally Posted by dgreen78
Yea, I have heard that one before
I've said that before... about multiple cars...

Let's see if I get it right this time

Old 04-22-2008, 07:27 PM
Me too!! thats why im not kidding myself anymore! I know im going to go bigger I just hope the K24's with the complimenting mods hold me over for a little bit. I would love to see how your K16/16G hybrids compare to the OEM K24's, curious what the comparison is through the power band.

Old 04-22-2008, 09:28 PM
Well, I'll probably be picking up on Sat. If you're in the neighborhood we should run them. But not on 495... I almost got arrested about 3 times on the way out there. In fact, a motorcycle that thought he was racing me got snagged.

Old 04-22-2008, 09:46 PM
Vyper340 has a spectacular aura aboutVyper340 has a spectacular aura aboutVyper340 has a spectacular aura about
I have a GIAC, EVO intake, Fabspeed Gen3, EVO DV's and am also considering a clutch improvement. The advice I've received thus far is the Sachs stage 2 to give "same as stock" driveability with the increased HP handling. Anyone else have this clutch with stock flywheel and how/what is your experience?

Old 04-22-2008, 09:49 PM
haha!! ill see if I can make it over there Saturday, stay in touch.

Old 04-27-2008, 10:51 PM
flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !
John, how's that 3rd clutch workin out? Getting some miles on it?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Need a clutch that can handle 700+hp