996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

So 2 E55s decided to try their luck against my plate...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-15-2004, 08:03 AM
Pierre996TT has a spectacular aura aboutPierre996TT has a spectacular aura aboutPierre996TT has a spectacular aura about
Originally posted by Paul S
I have NOT noticed any power loss in the heat or in traffic with the E55. The sucker just PULLS.
yes you are right!,
the problem stats when you add pulley & more timming with the chip.

Old 07-15-2004, 09:48 AM
Tommy Vercetti is infamous around these parts
Good job. Be careful of running in those "construction zones" all over the place, double points and double fine. Where was this massacre at btw?

Old 07-15-2004, 09:49 AM
AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Tommy Vercetti
Good job. Be careful of running in those "construction zones" all over the place, double points and double fine. Where was this massacre at btw?
Pompano (was just leaving work)
Evan

Old 07-15-2004, 09:59 AM
Tommy Vercetti is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by AMG ETR
Pompano (was just leaving work)
Evan
Hey I just noticed you got a E55 coming. I saw your post about Carlson but what about the mother of MB modds RennTech. They have their headquarters right in our back yard here in Lake Park. They are on N Killian Drive right across the street from Bev Smith Ford on NorthLake. I eat lunch alot at Russo Subs (the best ever btw) and drive by their shop all the time to drool.

For the rest of the board you never know what you are running against around here due to RennTech being here. The cars are total Q-Ships, maybe a little extra aero pkg but crazy motors. I saw a K8 SL take off one day and felt like I was going in reverse. So taking on a Benz here and trouncing it is a big deal. Most of those Renn's are putting out 600Hp/650Tq , the prices are just as crazy unfort. $25K to just open the hood

Old 07-15-2004, 10:10 AM
AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !
Hey I just noticed you got a E55 coming. I saw your post about Carlson but what about the mother of MB modds RennTech. They have their headquarters right in our back yard here in Lake Park. They are on N Killian Drive right across the street from Bev Smith Ford on NorthLake. I eat lunch alot at Russo Subs (the best ever btw) and drive by their shop all the time to drool.
For the rest of the board you never know what you are running against around here due to RennTech being here. The cars are total Q-Ships, maybe a little extra aero pkg but crazy motors. I saw a K8 SL take off one day and felt like I was going in reverse. So taking on a Benz here and trouncing it is a big deal. Most of those Renn's are putting out 600Hp/650Tq , the prices are just as crazy unfort. $25K to just open the hood
Yea I know Scott@Renntech...actually a customer of ours...
Too much $$$$$
Evan

Old 07-15-2004, 11:06 AM
JK996TT is infamous around these parts
I feel quite lucky....got one of each. They are both phenomenal cars!!! I couln't agree more with Evan..the lambo is nothing special. I drove one a few weeks before my TT hit the port and I wasn't impressed. After racing a Gallardo in my E55 and pulling it, I was even happier. I really feel that both the E55 and TT are the best in their respective categories.

Evan..one recommendation for the E55, get the Renntech steering wheel. I did and it is awesome. I attached a pic of it (not from my car though). I paid too much because I got ot whe it first came out.

Attached Images  
Old 07-15-2004, 12:43 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !

Tommy,

When you stop at Renntech, tell Bob Brady that Chad says hi. They have done alot of work for me. I have their one and only six speed CLK60.

Old 07-15-2004, 01:08 PM
GDautosport is infamous around these partsGDautosport is infamous around these parts

Old 07-15-2004, 03:30 PM
Mercedes Benz is infamous around these partsMercedes Benz is infamous around these parts
AMG ETR, i was on my way to Autohaus today and i was driving right nex to your for about 2 min till u got on I-95. Beautiful car btw! Looks sweet! Sounded awesome under the overpass also! hehe! I actually saw you yesturday and you were on the other side of the road when i was leaving Autohaus, only i did not realize it was you till i saw the plate today.

I remember seeing pics of am M5 with that plate? that was u i'm sure right? (forgive me, i am a n00b)

Last edited by Mercedes Benz; 07-15-2004 at 03:33 PM.
Old 07-15-2004, 03:32 PM
Mercedes Benz is infamous around these partsMercedes Benz is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Pierre996TT
Good Race!!!
, the E55 has 460 RWTQ and more the 500 hp ....
A stock E55 has 469hp.....

Old 07-15-2004, 04:49 PM
Banned
sticky is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Mercedes Benz
A stock E55 has 469hp.....
Marketing is all that is, they dyno in the 420 rwhp range stock.

Old 07-15-2004, 08:59 PM
sporters78 is infamous around these parts
Evan ,
does your dad want to trade the e55 for my cayennett? if not any good dealers and salesman down here that will not rape too bad on the trade?

Old 07-15-2004, 09:45 PM
JK996TT is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by sticky
Marketing is all that is, they dyno in the 420 rwhp range stock.
Sticky is 100% correct...the E55 has more than the stated 469HP. MB had to do that to make the $100k+ owners (CL55, S55, SL55) "feel" better about spending more $$$$. The dyno doesn't lie.

Old 07-15-2004, 09:53 PM
Rob
Rob is a glorious beacon of lightRob is a glorious beacon of lightRob is a glorious beacon of lightRob is a glorious beacon of lightRob is a glorious beacon of light
Has MB fixed the AMG blower motors or are they still having problems?

Old 07-15-2004, 11:04 PM
02TT_87GNX is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by cjv
Tommy,

When you stop at Renntech, tell Bob Brady that Chad says hi. They have done alot of work for me. I have their one and only six speed CLK60.
CLK60 with a 6 speed! Nice, please post a pic.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: So 2 E55s decided to try their luck against my plate...