996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Want to see some SERIOUS Brakes????

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 09:53 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Want to see some SERIOUS Brakes????

One of our customers from the UK recently hooked his Porsche 996TT up with this Front Rotora 12 Piston Brake Kit and Rear 4 Piston Brake Kit. The front kit features Rotora's 12 piston caliper with a 15 inch 2 piece rotor. The calipers are available in red or metallic blue, this customer chose the red to put behind his GT3 wheels. The red pops out on the black on black theme Car Tech has created. The rear kit is a 4 piston with a 15 inch 2 piece rotor as well. Both kits include lines, pads, calipers, and rotors complete.

Check out more pictures of Car Tech's Porsche 996TT with Rotora Brakes Here.

Old 04-25-2008, 09:58 AM
DYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to all
what a beautiful car... imagine he had those black headlights posted on that other thread

Old 04-25-2008, 10:02 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Yeah I bet it would look like Knight Rider

Old 04-25-2008, 10:15 AM
Jean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond repute
Is there any real life serious testing for these brakes against a 6 piston Brembo? It would be the only way to know how good they are, unless one just wants to have them for the looks.

I am about to upgrade my braking for something very serious, would be nice to know what these do factually.

Thanks

Old 04-25-2008, 10:21 AM
Former Vendor
check out this article on Brembo we did - http://www.vividracing.com/forums/pr...e-install.html

Also the 12 piston has dual purpose, looks, and clamping. Like a digital camera, it is not how many pixels you have, but the quality that counts. You can have eleventy billion pistons, but the physics of clamping force and surface area is what matters. The plus is the 15 inch rotor. Alot of surface area. If the pistons are bore correctly, then as the rotor turns when it clamps down it will take over the neccessary forces to equally distribute that force on the rotor. Down side of a 12 piston is brake pad selection. On the Brembo 14" 6piston, i have never had an issue where I needed more brake. That being said the 15" setup would be even more aggressive. Alot of guys run a 14" because they want to use 18 inch wheels for better track tire selection. Then tire selection depends on suspension setup, etc. So alot of factors to take into hand.

Old 04-25-2008, 11:47 AM
angldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud of
those are some BIG a$$ brakes!

Old 04-25-2008, 01:37 PM
Miles965UK is infamous around these parts
Jean! I have the Brembo 380mm GT 8 Piston setup- you can actually run 18s with these just about. The caliper uses 4 pads each instead of 2. let me know if I can help.

Old 04-25-2008, 01:39 PM
Former Vendor
Brembo discontinued that brake kit. They now offer the 6piston monoblock with the 380mm rotor. getting that under a 18 is iffy...

Old 04-25-2008, 01:43 PM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
i know a few guys that had the rotoras on m3 s and they say said they suck at the track .. not durable ... you really cant go wrong with brembo . i would get brembo over these any day.

Old 04-25-2008, 01:48 PM
Andyuk9112 is infamous around these parts
Very nice, like the pixs too

Old 04-25-2008, 01:56 PM
Former Vendor
Brembo is the cream of the crop, however I will disagree with your opinion in that alot of people simply do not know how to drive or setup their car properly. Alot has to do with pad choice, brake bleeding, etc. Rotora is widely used in alot of race group vehicles. If you were at SEMA you would have noticed their BMW M3 challenge car. The technology and testing Rotora puts into their system is pretty indepth. Not bad for a company that does not have the budget Italy does. You are comparing apples to apples, but Rotora also targets a different demographic and price point. Many people bark at paying $3300 for a Brembo kit, but what about a 6piston 14" kit with 2piece rotors, pads, lines like Markski has for only $2600. Most people wont even use the full potential of their stock brakes. To be honest, the 3 miles I drive to work each day really does not put the Brembo on my 996TT through the test. The couple of track days I have done in the past proved their worth. But then again, that is why I am putting Rotora on my A3 because of the look, cost, and it is daily driver.

Now having used all 3 major company brake kits on the street and track, I can tell you what does "suck" and that is StopTech. StopTech rotors all warp and fail. The caliper is nice, but that is about it.

Old 04-25-2008, 03:36 PM
Jean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond repute
Dan

Thanks for the link, it is a very nice article but unfortunately it is not at all scientific or brings any tested data which is the only thing I would be looking for whenever I am investing behind something as critical as braking.

Miles, thanks! I have been informed by very serious sources that the 6 piston 355mm setup has not made any difference in performance, and these people know what they are talking about. The 8 piston 380mm is what they recommended without any doubt. In fact it is the setup that we used on the 997 Cup for the 24 hours race. The 380mm/8 piston will fit the BBS magnesium as well as the Cargraphic 18" wheels.

I have gorgeous AP racing on my 996 RSR but they need to be custom to fit a 993TT.

I was interested to see how serious this 12 piston setup is, but based on facts.

Old 04-25-2008, 03:44 PM
Former Vendor
You are saying there is no advantage for the 6piston monoblock over the stock 4piston????

The rotors are all 2 piece so better venting. Larger diameter, and each rotor weighs 7lbs less per corner. Less rotational weight is much better. The 6piston MONOBLOCK is way more rigid then the 1 piece cast Porsche caliper. The 6 piston offers much greater clamping force and surface area. Even tested against the OEM 6piston GT3 brakes they still out brake that car....

Old 04-25-2008, 03:55 PM
Miles965UK is infamous around these parts
NP Jean.

Thanks Dan, didnt know they stopped doing it... any reason why?

Whilst on the subject doesnt anyone (brembo) do Carbon-Cermaic rotors and pads that will just fit/replace the steel rotor/pad setup?

Last edited by Miles965UK; 04-25-2008 at 04:03 PM.
Old 04-25-2008, 04:09 PM
Former Vendor
The 6piston monoblock is a better stronger setup.

No those dont swap in place.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Want to see some SERIOUS Brakes????