996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Carrera GT on Ebay

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-14-2004, 09:51 AM
ben, lj has a spectacular aura aboutben, lj has a spectacular aura about
"At least it should help out if you have maintenance or heaven forbid an accident as there should be parts on hand to get these things serviced or repaired."

That's exactly how I view it. Then again, the guy who got his rear ended had to send it to Germany. It will interesting to see how long it takes to make it back.

Seal/Ascot and all the "options" (A/C, nav, luggage, car cover, etc which are all no cost options).

Old 07-14-2004, 10:50 AM
Doug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud of
Better to get the bugs worked out early although tough for him. You know they didn't want to screw that one up. Pretty scarey though. I wonder if the carbon fibre cracks or weakens throughout the car from just a small impact like that or little worse.

Old 07-14-2004, 07:06 PM
Red Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to all
I seriously doubt the CGT will ever reach the production # of 1500 for a # of reasons: 1) They won't build them if there aren't firm orders and I don't consider $50K deposits a firm order. 2) If a dealer has one he can't get rid of, there's no way they would order another one. Stocking 400K plus merchandise is a no-no. 3) As great as it might be, it isn't/won't ever be an F40/F50/Enzo type car because the Ferrari's have that mystique and Porsches don't. Porsches are great cars but Ferraris have the juice. 4) The cars 15 minutes is almost up since Seinfeld & Leno got theirs. 5) See the Volkswagen Phaeton under good product/bad idea. 6) The number of people willing to pay 400+K for a sports car and then go over sticker is quite small. 7) The number willing to pay MSRP of 400+ on a sports car is only slightly bigger than #6. 8) There is probably a decent # of buyers if this car were in the 200's but that won't happen. 9) Celebrities nowadays spend for tricked out SUVs, Bentley, Rolls, etc. Just watch a few episodes of MTV cribs. My guess is this car will go down in the books as a great car that the manufacturer got tricked into making based on "perceived" demand. This will be great for those who have one in the real long term. Short term won't work out too well.

Old 07-14-2004, 08:08 PM
Shawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond repute
Lets not forget. You could buy a GT2, and still have money left over for a Gallardo, and an E55 AMG. I would rather have 3 toys than one. I thought about buying a CGT too, and would love to have one. I just dont think it makes sense until I am at least 50+ years old.

Old 07-16-2004, 07:54 AM
mlambert890 is infamous around these parts
The CGT isnt targeted at people who would even begin to think rationally about $400-$600k. If you need to do any thinking at all, you really can't afford it.

Personally, I think there ARE 1500 people in America who are in that position. A work associate of mine is and he worked something out with a dealer without even blinking an eye. It will be his 6th car and his 3rd Porsche (wife's BoxsterS and a 911 Turbo).

I wouldn't hold my breath for the day when CGTs are sitting in dealerships with a "please take me home" sign and dealers ready to shave 10's of thousands off list. Nice fantasy, but isn't likely to happen.

Old 07-16-2004, 10:28 AM
YSITSMN is infamous around these parts
their is a CGT Scottsdale AZ with a $799,000.00 price tag. Crazy