996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Carrera GT on Ebay

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-13-2004, 09:17 PM
Shawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond repute
Carrera GT on Ebay

Waaaaaay! over sticker.
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...484240975&rd=1

Old 07-13-2004, 10:02 PM
Banned
Matt Fresh is infamous around these parts
the Autogallery here in the Los Angeles area has one in the showroom for sale.

Old 07-13-2004, 11:02 PM
Doug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud of
If rumors of $ 700K and up prices on these things are true, that would be a great deal. Just question the person broker the deal in this ebay sale.

Old 07-13-2004, 11:46 PM
Banned
Matt Fresh is infamous around these parts
too bad they max out the salesman's commission on a sale of that magnitude to a limit, otherwise a few of those sold in half a year and it would be Cancun time!!

Old 07-14-2004, 12:11 AM
Holger B is infamous around these parts
Looks like the speculators are getting desperate. (What's worth more, the car or the average house on that street?) If he paid MSRP, he's only making $38k at the buy it now price (8% profit). Not a very good risk/reward for an illiquid investment.

I didn't realize that they fly them in and that it comes with a car cover. I guess that's a given at that price.

Old 07-14-2004, 12:43 AM
Suneal is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Holger B
I didn't realize that they fly them in and that it comes with a car cover. I guess that's a given at that price.
When I was talking to my local dealership (Suncoast) about their Carrera GT, they were saying that a technician (IIRC) had to put on this paper suit and check the car when it was being taken off the trailer. And whenever the car moved 5 feet, he would have to check it again. The person moving the car also needed to put on a paper suit. Porsche's see-ree-us about the CGT.

Old 07-14-2004, 12:58 AM
ben, lj has a spectacular aura aboutben, lj has a spectacular aura about
"I didn't realize that they fly them in and that it comes with a car cover. I guess that's a given at that price."

They don't fly them in unless you take the $15k expedited delivery option. However, they get the same crate/cover via either shipping method.

Old 07-14-2004, 01:02 AM
rspiteri is infamous around these parts
Steven Creek Porsche in San Jose got $100K over sticker and sold it in 5 minutes. This a deal.

Old 07-14-2004, 03:23 AM
Y65MPH is infamous around these partsY65MPH is infamous around these parts
There are many out there not spoken for, and many on dealer lots. I know of a local store here in NJ "taking offers" to get rid of the one taking up space on there floor.

Old 07-14-2004, 03:28 AM
Doug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud of
Originally posted by Y65MPH
There are many out there not spoken for, and many on dealer lots. I know of a local store here in NJ "taking offers" to get rid of the one taking up space on there floor.
Are you saying there are selling it below MSRP. If so, share the phone number. I may be tempted to buy one at below MSRP and take my chances reselling.

Old 07-14-2004, 03:53 AM
Sloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud of
Talk about some real exotics... anybody check out the "View seller's other items" link....

Old 07-14-2004, 04:05 AM
Banned
Chordate is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Sloth
Talk about some real exotics... anybody check out the "View seller's other items" link....

BTW, 30 grand over MSRP is not that bad

Old 07-14-2004, 04:10 AM
Y65MPH is infamous around these partsY65MPH is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Doug H
Are you saying there are selling it below MSRP. If so, share the phone number. I may be tempted to buy one at below MSRP and take my chances reselling.
Paul Miller Porsche, not sure of number. Car is there and they want to deal.

Old 07-14-2004, 04:31 AM
ben, lj has a spectacular aura aboutben, lj has a spectacular aura about
LOL, it's WAY too early for the sub MSRP deals. Dealers with "A" car on their showroom (none have more than that and VERY few even have rec'd one so far) have them because they are looking for well in excess of MSRP.

Old 07-14-2004, 04:32 AM
ZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud of
Originally posted by Matt Fresh
the Autogallery here in the Los Angeles area has one in the showroom for sale.
for $200K over sticker.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Carrera GT on Ebay