996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

how does the 996tt AWD system differ from the 997tt ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-20-2013, 01:22 PM
sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Steve K ny
take this for what its worth.. ive had to drive these roads to get goat milk. yr round. snow.
it snowed almost every week this winter in boston. all i had was dunlop winter tires. abs and psm wasnt working. never had an issue. the weight on the rear axle , with all the weight right sitting on those winter tires makes these cars handle better than most awd vehicles on the market TODAY.

check these roads out. these pics are from the beginning of april.. picture how it was in feb/march... rwd works
Where exactly were these pictures taken? That road looks very familiar...

Old 04-20-2013, 01:34 PM
DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !
Barre, MA
that road leads to unpaved roads that take you to a couple of farms. dairy farms. one goat one cow.

Old 04-20-2013, 01:35 PM
DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !
http://mistybrook.com/our-farm-shop/find-us/

not to be off topic, but here is some info about goat milk. i bet there are tons of members that drink goat milk.. for whatever reason they;re not posting here right now (maybe theyre too tired of defending rwd), but anywho... just an fyi for everyone..

On a worldwide basis, more people drink the milk of goats than any other single animal. A dairy doe should be milked in the same manner as a dairy cow, using good dairy hygiene. Does may be milked by hand or machine. The milk requires the same careful attention to cleanliness and cooling as any other milk.

Goat milk has a more easily digestible fat and protein content than cow milk. The increased digestibility of protein is of importance to infant diets (both human and animal), as well as to invalid and convalescent diets. Furthermore, glycerol ethers are much higher in goat than in cow milk which appears to be important for the nutrition of the nursing newborn.

Goat milk tends to have a better buffering quality, which is good for the treatment of ulcers.

Goat milk can successfully replace cow milk in diets of those who are allergic to cow milk.

The natural homogenization of goat milk is, from a human health standpoint, much better than the mechanically homogenized cow milk product. It appears that when fat globules are forcibly broken up by mechanical means, it allows an enzyme associated with milk fat, known as xanthine oxidase to become free and penetrate the intestinal wall. Once xanthine oxidase gets through the intestinal wall and into the bloodstream, it is capable of creating scar damage to the heart and arteries, which in turn may stimulate the body to release cholesterol into the blood in an attempt to lay a protective fatty material on the scarred areas. This can lead to arteriosclerosis.

Many dairy goats, in their prime, average 6 to 8 pounds of milk daily (roughly 3 to 4 quarts) during a ten-month lactation, giving more soon after freshening and gradually dropping in production toward the end of their lactation. The milk generally averages 3.5 percent butterfat. A doe may be expected to reach her heaviest production during her third or fourth lactation.

Last edited by DNugget991GT3; 04-20-2013 at 01:38 PM.
Old 04-20-2013, 01:36 PM
sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !sinKing Is a GOD !
Barre, MA
that road leads to unpaved roads that take you to a couple of farms. dairy farms. one goat one cow.
Ah. Looks very much like some roads in the Berkshires where I grew up. That's going to be a much more pleasant drive in the summer than the winter.

Old 04-20-2013, 01:40 PM
docboy has a reputation beyond reputedocboy has a reputation beyond reputedocboy has a reputation beyond reputedocboy has a reputation beyond reputedocboy has a reputation beyond reputedocboy has a reputation beyond reputedocboy has a reputation beyond reputedocboy has a reputation beyond reputedocboy has a reputation beyond reputedocboy has a reputation beyond reputedocboy has a reputation beyond repute
So where does one acquire goat milk? I'll try a cup please...

So Steve, I assume with winter tires, you were able to negotiate your 996tt well in the snow?

I live in the Pacific NW, weather here is unstable and crappy, and there are plenty of hills and inclines here. Rain, sleet, hail, snow... I can see all of that in 1 day.

Because I am seriously considering the 996tt as my DD, I need to make sure it can handle the 4 seasons with ease. Existing owner's experience is a good marker

Old 04-20-2013, 01:46 PM
docboy, all kidding aside ( lot of my posts were meant to be read with humor)
yes 100% absolutely. i was able to negotiate turns no problem. and mind you, my car is lowered, and these tires have a few winters on them. i drove them this year with the intention of finishing them up. i had an abs/psm issue this entire winter, and drove through each winterstorm we had. (ive driven through both major storms we had from nyc to boston on saturday nights on the tires, i guess what would be factual data ?? ). the car was very easy to control and did not make me nervous at all. all the weight in the rear helps with traction.

tires were dunlop wintersport 3D .
235 40 18, 275 35 18. stock wheels. 1/2" lower than gt2. tires always inflated to 31 / 35 lbs

as far as goat milk,
check this farm out. family owned. run by their daughtors. so they probably played with the goats etc. happier goats make for better tasting goat milk.
http://www.littlerascalsfarm.com/

Old 04-20-2013, 03:03 PM
docboy has a reputation beyond reputedocboy has a reputation beyond reputedocboy has a reputation beyond reputedocboy has a reputation beyond reputedocboy has a reputation beyond reputedocboy has a reputation beyond reputedocboy has a reputation beyond reputedocboy has a reputation beyond reputedocboy has a reputation beyond reputedocboy has a reputation beyond reputedocboy has a reputation beyond repute
yes 100% absolutely. i was able to negotiate turns no problem. and mind you, my car is lowered, and these tires have a few winters on them. i drove them this year with the intention of finishing them up. i had an abs/psm issue this entire winter, and drove through each winterstorm we had. (ive driven through both major storms we had from nyc to boston on saturday nights on the tires, i guess what would be factual data ?? ). the car was very easy to control and did not make me nervous at all. all the weight in the rear helps with traction.

235 40 18, 275 35 18. stock wheels. 1/2" lower than gt2. tires always inflated to 31 / 35 lbs

as far as goat milk,
check this farm out. family owned. run by their daughtors. so they probably played with the goats etc. happier goats make for better tasting goat milk.
LOL, ok, I wasn't sure whether your posts were meant to be humorous or if you were truly serious.

Good to hear you made it through the winters nicely with the 996tt. I do intend to go skiing and driving up to the mountains occasionally now and then, and I need my DD to make it up top.

From my online research, the 996tt's AWD system seems to be less complex (wrt winter traction) than the AWD system found in Audi's, Subaru's, Evo's, and Acura's SH-AWD; but overall it seems to be sufficient and stable in rain/snow with all-seasons/winter tires. Am I correct?

Old 04-20-2013, 04:29 PM
LiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond repute

as far as goat milk,
Here's some info on milk for you, good luck my man!!

http://www.fda.gov/Food/ResourcesFor.../ucm079516.htm

Old 04-20-2013, 04:45 PM
'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !
as far as goat milk,
you're too much steve.. you sure you're not upstate?! lol..

anyway.. nice link.. i've always wanted to milk a farmers daughter
my neighbors just got goats ( really.. i'm on a ranch actually ) so i may soon be converted to the wonders of..

warm... goat's... milk ( i'm just glad this is your thread! whew ) funny stuff

Old 04-20-2013, 04:57 PM
UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ttboost
The 996 has the weak viscous coupling and the 997 diff's are electronic. I haven't figured anymore than that out...
i have heard that if you have a aftermarket stand alone, you can put a 997 diff in a 996...
Really??? Hmmm

Old 04-20-2013, 05:47 PM
Originally Posted by LiNks
Here's some info on milk for you, good luck my man!!

http://www.fda.gov/Food/ResourcesFor.../ucm079516.htm
yea i've look into all that stuff before i made my decision. raw milk is the way to go.

Old 04-20-2013, 07:51 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by UrbanHotrod
Really??? Hmmm
I swear I heard that somewhere...

Old 04-20-2013, 07:53 PM
wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !
wross, thats not because of the awd system, thats because of the rear suspension setup. 996's dont have a swinging arm or whatever theyre called on the 930's.
Oh and BTW, it had complete suspension overhaul with struts, swing arms and engine mounts.

Old 04-21-2013, 03:11 PM
VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !
After this whole thread, the only thing I learned is goat milk is really good..and expensive

Old 04-21-2013, 03:39 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by VGLNTE1
After this whole thread, the only thing I learned is goat milk is really good..and expensive

Hmmm. Maybe I was reading too far into it...I actually thought that was a roundabout way of Steve admitting he is having an affair with a goat...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: how does the 996tt AWD system differ from the 997tt ?