996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

18"s vs. 19"s?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-15-2004, 12:39 PM
gt2next is infamous around these parts
good decision! i think if it were a gt2, i would stay with 18's (not sure if i can even come up with a reason why though, lol!).
get some nice 19's and leave the 18's for the track with some soft compound tires! what are you going to get?

Old 07-15-2004, 08:49 PM
MANA is infamous around these parts
I chose 19s. I'll keep the stock wheels for the limited track time this car will have. Like others have said ... you can always go back.

Old 07-16-2004, 10:00 AM
Banned
Matt Fresh is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by gt2next
good decision! i think if it were a gt2, i would stay with 18's (not sure if i can even come up with a reason why though, lol!).
get some nice 19's and leave the 18's for the track with some soft compound tires! what are you going to get?
I am thinking I will get the HRE 543s with the spokes painted Seal Grey, while leaving the outer lips polished. Probably going to run Michelin PS2s if they come in 315/25/19s, otherwise I think I am limited to Contis.

On the stock wheels, the one, the only, Pilot Sport Cups!

If you guys disagree with my ideas please post your opinions.

Old 07-16-2004, 10:29 AM
well, if you want the ULTIMATE stick, get the hoosiers....but they last only a fraction of what the cups do! ...or i hear the kuhmo's (SP?) are great too.

Old 07-16-2004, 12:18 PM
Banned
Originally posted by gt2next
well, if you want the ULTIMATE stick, get the hoosiers....but they last only a fraction of what the cups do! ...or i hear the kuhmo's (SP?) are great too.
you live 15 minutes from me... hi neighbor.

Old 07-16-2004, 01:01 PM
15 minutes? in your car? you could probably cut that time in half!! lol.

Old 10-09-2004, 12:54 PM
RBenedon is infamous around these parts
18 vs 19

Matt, I have the same questions. I put 19" I-Forged on my TT and am concerned about handling/performance. Why spend all the money for the car, and then deliberately degrade the performance - but then I have a look at the car with the 19's and think again.... looks so good. Let me know what you decide, I think I'm going back to 18s...

Richard

Old 10-09-2004, 01:08 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Get 20's with spinners!

Old 10-10-2004, 04:26 AM
Banned
Re: 18 vs 19

Originally posted by RBenedon
Matt, I have the same questions. I put 19" I-Forged on my TT and am concerned about handling/performance. Why spend all the money for the car, and then deliberately degrade the performance - but then I have a look at the car with the 19's and think again.... looks so good. Let me know what you decide, I think I'm going back to 18s...

Richard
I put the HREs on my car, I think you saw it last time we were at Speed Gallery. They look so awesome, I get muliple compliments daily from people when I am just sitting at stoplights, it definately keeps a smile on my face.

I agree that doing things to degrade performance is not good, but honestly, how hard are we pushing our cars on the street? Unless you plan to get in a serious accident, or spend some time in jail, 19s are fine for street use. When we hit the track we always go back to 18s with R compound tires or hooisers. Some will say that I am still wrong, but this works fine for me. Keep the 19s Rich!

Edit: btw, I went with Michelin PSCups on my stocks for track use b/c I can drive my car to the track on these tires. If you go with hoosiers, you have to flatbed the car out there, or have someone caravan your wheels for you. This can be a hassle, and expensive.

Last edited by Matt Fresh; 10-10-2004 at 04:28 AM.
Old 10-10-2004, 04:29 AM
Banned
Originally posted by Zippy
Get 20's with spinners!
i was thinking 21s actually for my 3rd choice.

Old 10-10-2004, 06:08 AM
Banned
Life Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud of
I gotta say Matt for a guy how knows it all this thread is sure a suprise.

Old 10-10-2004, 08:12 AM
Banned
Lightbulb

Originally posted by Life Dies
I gotta say Matt for a guy how knows it all this thread is sure a suprise.
Hey Chris, do us all a favor and let it go. You are the only person who still cares about the tip thread. It is really immature to bounce around in every thread and keep referencing to another thread. Please dont ruin every thread with this BS man... just let it go. Most of us are here to give and take advice, share our opinions, and enjoy our enthusiasm about cars. People like you just make others not even want to use the boards anymore. Please, grow up and let it go.

PS - maybe if you spend more time working hard, instead of living on 6speed talking sh*t to people, you might actually have the ability to buy a Porsche, and then feel a little more at home in the Porsche forums.

Last edited by Matt Fresh; 10-10-2004 at 08:15 AM.
Old 10-10-2004, 08:55 AM
Banned
Life Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud of
So it's okay to ruin someone elses thread but when you start messing with Matt's thread he gets all huffy about it. Actually, I wasn't referencing to the tip thread. You seem to forget you know everything in every thread - kinda ironic hah? People like me don't banish members from participating, it's guys like you. Please do not harass me for my unfortunate lifestyle and I'll refrain from harassing your devilish good looks. This place is called 6 speed online. My M3 happens to be a 6 speed. Is that reason enough for you Matt? I happen to share an enthusiasm, like you, for porsches and one day after I grow the talent like you, I'll be financially able to make the purchase. Further more, like some people on this forum, my family has done well. I could be driving a turbo if I wanted, however, I've decided I need to get off on my own and heading for the one place I think I could make my financial independence dream come true and thats FL. Basically leaving with the cloths in my closet and the shoes on my feet. Leaving the M3 at home. Point is, I'm not the type of guy who goes around flaunting his ****. If you want to talk **** about me for my value I suggest you rethink yours. Pecker head.

Old 10-10-2004, 09:23 AM
Banned
Originally posted by Life Dies
So it's okay to ruin someone elses thread but when you start messing with Matt's thread he gets all huffy about it. Actually, I wasn't referencing to the tip thread. You seem to forget you know everything in every thread - kinda ironic hah? People like me don't banish members from participating, it's guys like you. Please do not harass me for my unfortunate lifestyle and I'll refrain from harassing your devilish good looks. This place is called 6 speed online. My M3 happens to be a 6 speed. Is that reason enough for you Matt? I happen to share an enthusiasm, like you, for porsches and one day after I grow the talent like you, I'll be financially able to make the purchase. Further more, like some people on this forum, my family has done well. I could be driving a turbo if I wanted, however, I've decided I need to get off on my own and heading for the one place I think I could make my financial independence dream come true and thats FL. Basically leaving with the cloths in my closet and the shoes on my feet. Leaving the M3 at home. Point is, I'm not the type of guy who goes around flaunting his ****. If you want to talk **** about me for my value I suggest you rethink yours. Pecker head.
I didnt ruin the thread, everyone that started getting personal and speaking blasphemy of ingnorance did. Notice that on 6speed there are sperate forums for different makes of car, BMW M being one of them. Maybe you should take your immature flames and sarcasm over there. I would say that most people who own $100k plus cars have much more maturity than you, but that would be untrue thanks to my sociological educational experience on 6speed myself. I can say 100% now that I am done with you... peace.

Old 10-10-2004, 09:32 AM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Matt Fresh
i was thinking 21s actually for my 3rd choice.

22's the tires are cheaper

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 18"s vs. 19"s?