996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Have any installed the AP 650 turbo kit from Vivid Racing?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 08:13 PM
roadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to behold
The AP650 turbos are superior: GT ball bearing cartridges, T3 turbine housing, external wastegates, unlimited upgradeability. The EVOMS are simpler to install but if you are installing headers anyway the point is moot.

Old 04-28-2008, 08:37 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
kcphuah- pm me and I will give you a special setup. Also we have no maf issues. Evo had issues as it is known from their intakes in the past. To my knowledge proto k24/18g "650" kit uses stock maf with no issues. They change to a ford maf for the 700 kit. If you want to see some customer responses search "agency power 650".

To show the difference of our kit I will do a back to back dyno with dr torres car if he wants to volunteer. Same dyno, same boost, same fuel, same temp.

Old 04-28-2008, 08:47 PM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
i would go with the vivid kit.. dan what does you 650 kit put to the wheels on pump?

Old 04-28-2008, 08:52 PM
Seal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by vividracing
To show the difference of our kit I will do a back to back dyno with dr torres car if he wants to volunteer. Same dyno, same boost, same fuel, same temp.
I am rendering NO opinion about what kit is "better", but much applause for willing to go head to head with another kit. We could use more shoot-out type events around here.

Old 04-28-2008, 09:06 PM
kcphuah is infamous around these partskcphuah is infamous around these parts
I will pm steve and see if he is willing to entertain this idea. But please pm me in regards to the special set up you have available. Thanks.

kcphuah- pm me and I will give you a special setup. Also we have no maf issues. Evo had issues as it is known from their intakes in the past. To my knowledge proto k24/18g "650" kit uses stock maf with no issues. They change to a ford maf for the 700 kit. If you want to see some customer responses search "agency power 650".

Old 04-28-2008, 09:16 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Thanks for the support Seal.

Unvmym3 - it was close to 530 on 91. That is in All Wheel Drive and on our Mustang Dyno. There is an AWD Dyno Jet i am going to try to make an appointment to run on to show comparison for numbers.

Kcphuah - Pming you now.

Old 04-28-2008, 09:20 PM
TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Seal Grey Matte
I am rendering NO opinion about what kit is "better", but much applause for willing to go head to head with another kit. We could use more shoot-out type events around here.
You got that right Matt. It would be nice to see!

Old 04-28-2008, 09:42 PM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
Thanks for the support Seal.

Unvmym3 - it was close to 530 on 91. That is in All Wheel Drive and on our Mustang Dyno. There is an AWD Dyno Jet i am going to try to make an appointment to run on to show comparison for numbers.

Kcphuah - Pming you now.
how much boost 1.1 ?

Old 04-28-2008, 10:09 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Dan
You offer great products and excellent customer support! Now what are you going to offer for us big boys with 800 plus hp? I am looking for full CF roof? Lighter doors etc...
Still entertaining the suspension upgrades?
Robert

Old 04-28-2008, 11:03 PM
Former Vendor
1.3 or 1.4 bar I think.

Thanks Rob! I can get you CF doors, hood, trunk with GT2 wing no problem. Just got to bust out that check Chris never used! For the power goes, my kit as you know can be used with GT3076 or GT35R. There are several on this forum that have done this. We just dont have it as a "kit". let me know on the suspension stuff when you can.

Other weight stuff, lets get you some 18" TE37 wheels that are color matched with a black lip stripe!!!

Old 04-28-2008, 11:20 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by torresmd
I think it takes a pair of very small hands. I was amazed as well but they did it.
James does have small hands but it's a partial drop if that makes sense

Old 04-28-2008, 11:40 PM
Ray
Former Vendor
Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !
Ken since you have SG550 kit in your TT, have you also thought about SG650 kit?

btw, I try to e-mail you photos but your account is not work?

Old 04-28-2008, 11:43 PM
kcphuah is infamous around these partskcphuah is infamous around these parts
files too big? Are we upgrading this together??

Old 04-28-2008, 11:52 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
jrgatfh has a spectacular aura aboutjrgatfh has a spectacular aura about
I'm sure both kits would be great but just some food for thought, as far as customer service goes. EVOMS IS THE WORST!!! Everytime I've called (over 5 times) I can never speak to anyone no one ever calls me back and you get the feeling your money is not good enough for them. Quite possibly the worst customer service I've seen especially when you have such a small market. On the other hand I've never bought anything from Dan at vivid racing and even though some people critisize them for coming up with new ways of tuning these cars (even though I think this is good), everytime I've had a question Dan himself or one of his guys have gotten back to me very quickly, and even though I've never bought anything from him I really appreciate that and if and when I do need somehting I'd defintely pick Vivid over EVOMS

Old 04-29-2008, 09:29 AM
Former Vendor
Thanks for the support Justin. I usually have my IPhone on with Email and get the forum emails to I try to stay on top of the 6speed family. Not because I have to but I want to. As a 996TT owner, I really enjoy supporting the people with product. I dont know everything, but I do my best.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Have any installed the AP 650 turbo kit from Vivid Racing?