996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Have any installed the AP 650 turbo kit from Vivid Racing?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 09:46 AM
Highhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by jrgatfh
I'm sure both kits would be great but just some food for thought, as far as customer service goes. EVOMS IS THE WORST!!! Everytime I've called (over 5 times) I can never speak to anyone no one ever calls me back and you get the feeling your money is not good enough for them. Quite possibly the worst customer service I've seen especially when you have such a small market. On the other hand I've never bought anything from Dan at vivid racing and even though some people critisize them for coming up with new ways of tuning these cars (even though I think this is good), everytime I've had a question Dan himself or one of his guys have gotten back to me very quickly, and even though I've never bought anything from him I really appreciate that and if and when I do need somehting I'd defintely pick Vivid over EVOMS

AGREE 100 percent recent disappointment included there gt2 clutch slave cylinder kit. The cylinder **** the bed in 2 hours of install. They didnt even call Stephen Back at imagine Auto. He paid out of his own pocket for a new one.

S

PS no one has yet to beat a price Dan and his troop have given me on anything for my porsche or evo.

Old 04-29-2008, 10:02 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Thanks Suman! We focus on quality of parts, service, and competitive pricing.

Old 04-29-2008, 11:36 AM
Banned
Mitch@Vivid is a jewel in the roughMitch@Vivid is a jewel in the roughMitch@Vivid is a jewel in the roughMitch@Vivid is a jewel in the rough
Suman I saw that your Evo made some pretty nasty power as well man congrats!!

Mitch M

Old 04-29-2008, 11:41 AM
Highhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to behold
thanks man but the lag is brutal. I went backwards and put the infamous gt35r on. Hoping for dynojet 650awhp with a pump meth DI mani 75mm TB set up. Wish me luck.

S

Old 04-29-2008, 11:46 AM
Banned
Mitch@Vivid is a jewel in the roughMitch@Vivid is a jewel in the roughMitch@Vivid is a jewel in the roughMitch@Vivid is a jewel in the rough
Good luck. That DI manifold is awesome!!

I bet you will get there with no problems.

Mitch M

Old 04-29-2008, 12:51 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Mitch send him some of your tuned dyno sheets to show him

Old 04-29-2008, 01:25 PM
Banned
Lol I have a lot of them but here is one similar to yours Suman:

Old 04-29-2008, 03:38 PM
sick man. What dynojet dont you guys have a mustang?

S

Old 04-29-2008, 04:00 PM
Banned
Oh this was a car we built here but I tuned it where he lived.

I would take my Mustang over the DJ any day of the week lol.

Mitch

Old 04-29-2008, 04:03 PM
I second that. i find the mustang to be the most superior dyno.

S

Originally Posted by Mitch@Vivid
Oh this was a car we built here but I tuned it where he lived.

I would take my Mustang over the DJ any day of the week lol.

Mitch

Old 04-29-2008, 05:08 PM
ZLP
ZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud of
Go with Dan for sure. His customer service and knowledge is far better than the "other" tuner.

Old 04-29-2008, 06:08 PM
Former Vendor
Thanks Zach!

Old 04-29-2008, 09:07 PM
kcphuah is infamous around these partskcphuah is infamous around these parts
Dan, I thought you were going to give me a call. If you are busy, you can pm me or email me the details. My email is ken@acebeverages.com

Old 04-29-2008, 10:50 PM
ZIP22 has a reputation beyond reputeZIP22 has a reputation beyond reputeZIP22 has a reputation beyond reputeZIP22 has a reputation beyond reputeZIP22 has a reputation beyond reputeZIP22 has a reputation beyond reputeZIP22 has a reputation beyond reputeZIP22 has a reputation beyond reputeZIP22 has a reputation beyond reputeZIP22 has a reputation beyond reputeZIP22 has a reputation beyond repute
Dan is the man! I am going to install the water line kit for the AP650 kit in the coming days. The water line picts aren't too clear on the install site:

http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/p...?cID=10&pID=60

So I asked him for better, hi-res, picts. A couple of minutes later...BAM! He sends a bunch of hi-res photos of the waterline install. Now that's customer support!

Last edited by ZIP22; 04-29-2008 at 10:57 PM.
Old 04-30-2008, 06:00 AM
DMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud of
KCPHUAH,
I have had great dealings with Dan at VIVID. Feel free to ask anything and he really does his best to make you feel like a valued customer...a friend. He didnt have his kit ready when I purchased my set up, so I went with Todds k24/18g with stock maf. I ran some strong numbers for the pkg I purchased and proto does treat you incredible too. No dealings with others as it did feel as though i was wasting their time or something...
You'll be happy with VIVID..... Todd is amazing too!
D

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Have any installed the AP 650 turbo kit from Vivid Racing?