996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Have any installed the AP 650 turbo kit from Vivid Racing?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 06:20 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Seal Grey Matte
OK, to be really clear here, as I said before, I've got no horse in this race and I have neither the experience, nor the inclination to opine on which kit is better. Also, please TorresMD and Dan, don't take offense to this, it really isn't targeted at either of you.

My question is: when did "shootout" become a dirty word? I can't for the life of me figure out why everyone is so opposed to comparing different products (and prices) to one another.

Everyone has their biases and their loyalties (As everyone knows who's read my posts, I'm partial to Tony and EPL) but that shouldn't prevent us from running our cars against one another. I would LOVE to run my car in a shootout. I think as enthusiasts trying to get the best possible product for the best prices, we should run our cars against one another to see what works and what doesn't (even if the differences are only marginal).

Our allegiances should be to each other and not to our tuners. I would love it if similarly hp'd cars got together for a day on an independent dyno and at the drag strip. Why don't we all pick nuetral turf and meet up. I'd probably get creamed by either of these kits, but it'd be fun to show up and see how bad.
I agree man, espcially with all these kits that say GT700 but really mean 650 and so on. Just heads up and run em. Either way people can fudge the results with gas and such on the dyno, but looking the car over before the run you can tell if they weigh about the same, then run what ya brung.

Heck do both, same day, dyno and then run em. I think comparisons are great, if they sell the kit they ought to expect it to be compared to similar kits.

Old 05-01-2008, 06:21 PM
RCNJ is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Highhats
Evolution Motorsports pulling there board sponsorship says enough. I mean its one thing to never pick up the phone or call people back, Its another thing to avoid the one place that discusses there product on a daily basis. I smell cash flow issues!

S

Thanks Dan for being able to respond directly and not through some reseller.

Raudel- I made over 700 awhp with this kit at under 1.5 bar. The possibilities of this kit with the PROPER motor build is exponential. I hop eot be the first to run a consistent 2 bar with out breakage. This is with Catalytic converters people. yes passing emissions.

Suman- Did Todd do the tuning? Are you 3.8 or 3.6 liter? Do your GT30's have a .82 a/r? Do you have the IPD intake plenum and the Proto Intake piping?

Thanks
Raudel

Old 05-01-2008, 06:23 PM
Seal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by heavychevy
Heck do both, same day, dyno and then run em. I think comparisons are great, if they sell the kit they ought to expect it to be compared to similar kits.
Couldn't agree more. The more data points, the better.

Old 05-01-2008, 06:24 PM
Highhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by RCNJ
Suman- Did Todd do the tuning? Are you 3.8 or 3.6 liter? Do your GT30's have a .82 a/r? Do you have the IPD intake plenum and the Proto Intake piping?

Thanks
Raudel

Todds tune correct! 3.8Ll gt30's with .63 a/r(quicker spool). Yes to IPD plenum and no to Proto intake(do not like the design) Mine is Vflow yes Evoms V-flow(why reinvent he wheel) modified for ford maf. and my power is AWHP mustang.

Suman

Old 05-02-2008, 12:01 AM
kcphuah is infamous around these partskcphuah is infamous around these parts
Are you upgrading the fuel injectors and fuel pump as well?

Originally Posted by RCNJ
I just bought the AP650 with GT3076's from Dan last week. I'm glad to be hearing such great remarks on this kit. Its tough to be buy an item of this caliber over the phone without physically seeing it first. I'm anxiously waiting for the delivery.

Dan- Did it ship out yet?

Thanks
Raudel

Old 05-08-2008, 09:03 PM
I want to thank you all for those who have share their personal experience and thoughts when I am the stage of consideration which turbo kit to go with. Anyways, I have decided to go with Dan's 650 kit and I very much look forward to the rush of pinning my self against the gt3 seat.

Old 05-08-2008, 09:48 PM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
aweesome man... good choice.

Old 05-08-2008, 10:31 PM
roadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to behold
Congrats. It is a beautiful kit with unlimitd upgradeability.

Old 05-09-2008, 12:03 AM
Really look forward to it, by the way are you still interested in my BBS RSGT wheels?

Originally Posted by roadsterdoc
Congrats. It is a beautiful kit with unlimitd upgradeability.

Old 05-09-2008, 01:49 AM
RCNJ is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by kcphuah
Are you upgrading the fuel injectors and fuel pump as well?
I already have it from when I did the k24/18g 700 kit.

Old 05-09-2008, 08:16 AM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by kcphuah
I want to thank you all for those who have share their personal experience and thoughts when I am the stage of consideration which turbo kit to go with. Anyways, I have decided to go with Dan's 650 kit and I very much look forward to the rush of pinning my self against the gt3 seat.
Perfect choice for a kit man!! You will love the new found power, and you picked an awesome place to deal with!!!