996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Fabspeed Exhaust & K&N Installed Today!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-14-2004, 11:11 AM
Banned
Matt Fresh is infamous around these parts
Fabspeed Exhaust & K&N Installed Today!!

All I can say (excuse me moderators) is H O LY S H I T !!!!!!!! I am sure you guys have seen this thread one too many times, and I appologize for this, but I just have to say WOW!! This exhaust sounds SOOOO BAD ***!!! For all of you who have been driving awesome cars making insane amounts of power forever it is probably no big deal, but being used to an E46 M3 and stepping into this is like the difference between jumping off the high-dive at the school pool in the 5th grade, to base jumping off a 600 foot cliff into the water with a parachute in your hand!!!

All I want to do is go drive my 996TT around just to hear the sound of this exhaust and feel the INSANE amount of torque it makes... I am sure all of you with K24s are just laughing, but damn... you remember this day I am sure. I will be there soon...

I think this car might be better than sex.

PS.. Shots out to all the guys at SpeedGallery, you guys F--King RULE!

Old 07-14-2004, 11:14 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Good one Matt! Check out the videos on www.fabspeed.com for the 996TT, that's my car so I know what you mean about the sound. It loud as heck so careful with the cops

Old 07-14-2004, 11:17 AM
Banned
Originally posted by sharkster
Good one Matt! Check out the videos on www.fabspeed.com for the 996TT, that's my car so I know what you mean about the sound. It loud as heck so careful with the cops
yeah, there are going to be some happy traffic ticket lawyers in West LA because I will be needing them on a regular basis for sure

Old 07-14-2004, 11:21 AM
jaykla is a jewel in the roughjaykla is a jewel in the roughjaykla is a jewel in the rough
Another Fabspeed post....I've been waiting almost 3 weeks for mine and it's killing me. We should have a Fabspeed drive in the L.A. area this weekend...can't wait to hear that thing on my car....Matt, where you located?

Old 07-14-2004, 11:23 AM
TCM
TCM is infamous around these parts
Jay:

The exhaust should arrive tommorrow!! I tried to give you a call today to see if you had recieved it yet, but could not catch you. If you have any problems or questions, give me a call.

Old 07-14-2004, 11:26 AM
jaykla is a jewel in the roughjaykla is a jewel in the roughjaykla is a jewel in the rough
It arrived, but my schedule won't allow me to install it till Friday

Old 07-14-2004, 09:12 PM
KJM3 is infamous around these parts
Re: Fabspeed Exhaust & K&N Installed Today!!

I have an E46 M3 and just added a 2004 Turbo Cab to my collection! I can't wait to experience "the difference between jumping off the high-dive at the school pool in the 5th grade, to base jumping off a 600 foot cliff into the water". LOL That sounds like quite a step!!!

BTW, how long did it take you to install the K&N? Is it a 5-min job like other cars, or is the Porsche more difficult?

Thanks,
KJ

Originally posted by Matt Fresh
All I can say (excuse me moderators) is H O LY S H I T !!!!!!!! I am sure you guys have seen this thread one too many times, and I appologize for this, but I just have to say WOW!! This exhaust sounds SOOOO BAD ***!!! For all of you who have been driving awesome cars making insane amounts of power forever it is probably no big deal, but being used to an E46 M3 and stepping into this is like the difference between jumping off the high-dive at the school pool in the 5th grade, to base jumping off a 600 foot cliff into the water with a parachute in your hand!!!

All I want to do is go drive my 996TT around just to hear the sound of this exhaust and feel the INSANE amount of torque it makes... I am sure all of you with K24s are just laughing, but damn... you remember this day I am sure. I will be there soon...

I think this car might be better than sex.

PS.. Shots out to all the guys at SpeedGallery, you guys F--King RULE!

Old 07-14-2004, 09:34 PM
bucking is infamous around these parts
Matt: I hate to say it, but I told you it was a good thing.

Old 07-15-2004, 01:32 AM
Banned
Re: Re: Fabspeed Exhaust & K&N Installed Today!!

Originally posted by KJM3
I have an E46 M3 and just added a 2004 Turbo Cab to my collection! I can't wait to experience "the difference between jumping off the high-dive at the school pool in the 5th grade, to base jumping off a 600 foot cliff into the water". LOL That sounds like quite a step!!!

BTW, how long did it take you to install the K&N? Is it a 5-min job like other cars, or is the Porsche more difficult?

Thanks,
KJ
K&N takes about 5 mins, I just had the shop do it while they were putting my exhaust on.

Something else that my mechanic mentioned to me is that for us pre-'04 996TT guys are spark plugs are ****, and they foul pretty fast when running this much boost. He says that it is a good idea to replace them with the factory '04 plugs ASAP because it can cause some issues in the long run.