996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Choices of fire extinguisher and brackets

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-14-2004, 07:22 PM
I soon will be a supporting member
dbelleperc is infamous around these parts
Choices of fire extinguisher and brackets

What are the choices on Fire Extinguishers and the brackets for GT3 seats, with or without a sub belt?

Brackets:
Akkurat
Brey-Krause

Fire Extinguisher
Safe Craft PB2 2.5lb Halon

What other colors are there for the Extinguisher?

Last edited by dbelleperc; 07-14-2004 at 07:31 PM.
Old 07-14-2004, 07:30 PM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
KPV has a black one and I have seen a yellow one, but not sure if that's a custom order or not.

Old 07-14-2004, 07:38 PM
Oh well, I would get mine in white anyway.

Old 07-14-2004, 08:42 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
I have the Akkurat one in black with a Black Safecraft. THe black bracket hides itself really well in my car...

Old 07-14-2004, 08:44 PM
ColorChange is infamous around these parts
Black Akkurat with stainless Safecraft. I'll have pictures today or tomorrow.

Old 07-14-2004, 08:47 PM
Alex (Sharky), do you have a 6 point harness? If you do i assume that the akkurat bracket will work with the cross member.

Old 07-21-2004, 03:34 PM
PorschExtremist is infamous around these parts
Has anyone's passenger experienced any interference with the fire extinguisher? I want to get this but not want it to get scuffed up if someone is sitting in my passenger seat.

Old 07-21-2004, 10:23 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally posted by dbelleperc
Alex (Sharky), do you have a 6 point harness? If you do i assume that the akkurat bracket will work with the cross member.
I sure do. It works great. Drop me an Email if you want a kit... alex@mangogrits.com

Old 07-21-2004, 10:23 PM
dpblessing is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by PorschExtremist
Has anyone's passenger experienced any interference with the fire extinguisher? I want to get this but not want it to get scuffed up if someone is sitting in my passenger seat.
I think it would depend on the exact pair of combats boots being worn. (J/K)

I had the BK set up (nice stuff), but switched to the Akkurat mounting plate set-up. The Akkurat plate works with either the BK sub bar or the sub-bar sold by Gert. (I think the Akkurat plate / Gert sub bar combo is a big cost savings over the BK set-up).

I imagine it is possible for the extinguisher to get scuffed, but that really depends if the passenger steps on it when entering / exiting the car. I have not seen anyone step or kick on mine yet, nor I have I ever stepped on (or kicked) anyone elses. If you have seem pictures of where the extinguisher is relative to the seat front you can imagine where it is relative to someone's leg.

Old 07-21-2004, 10:27 PM
Sloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud of
Any suggestions for mounting a 2.5# extinguisher to the Techquipment rollbar (w/ cross brace)???

Old 07-21-2004, 10:30 PM
dpblessing is infamous around these parts
Re: Choices of fire extinguisher and brackets

Originally posted by dbelleperc
What are the choices on Fire Extinguishers and the brackets for GT3 seats, with or without a sub belt?

Brackets:
Akkurat
Brey-Krause

Fire Extinguisher
Safe Craft PB2 2.5lb Halon

What other colors are there for the Extinguisher?
The Akkurat plate works with either the BK sub bar or the sub-bar that Gert sells. You can but the extinguisher, brackets, mounting plate, sub-bar, etc. all from Akkurat.

Safecraft makes red, white, polished SS and recently started making black. The two yellow ones out in the 6speedonline community were custom made for me and I sold them to fellow members. Safecraft will not custom paint them, but they will (or did anyway) sell/send unpainted cylinders for your painter and then Safecraft assembles/fill and sends to you (adds a lot of $ but can be very cool).

Last edited by dpblessing; 07-21-2004 at 10:37 PM.