996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

when will we see 1000rwhp out of these hi HP porsches?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 06:15 AM
Brett B is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Powell
Scott,
Matts car is on a 300 shot now and should make 800-850rwhp now and weighs about 3200-3300 with him in it. He went a 10.1 @ 144 with the clutch going bad in 2nd. http://www.vobra.org/vids/bonesawclutch.wmv that should be the link to the pass. The car runs 10.55 on motor with a best mph of 132. The car is pretty wicked and sounds basically stock with the cutouts closed.
Very nice times/traps. Listen to that clutch slip!

Old 05-08-2008, 11:17 AM
Darkclaw13 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by cjv
Our 4.2L gas/fuel/nitrous motor will be assembled this month.
Any more info on that motor build?

Old 05-08-2008, 11:22 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Darkclaw13
Any more info on that motor build?
Is 68 pages covering 5 years of work enough info for you?

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...&highlight=cjv

Old 05-08-2008, 11:28 AM
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Is 68 pages covering 5 years of work enough info for you?

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...&highlight=cjv
Whoops. I guess I should have searched. Now that I think about it I just realized that I am subscribed to that thread, I knew it sounded familiar. Oh well, now I can re-read that thread to kill time at work today,

Last edited by Darkclaw13; 05-08-2008 at 11:34 AM.
Old 05-08-2008, 11:41 AM
DJ'sZ is a glorious beacon of lightDJ'sZ is a glorious beacon of lightDJ'sZ is a glorious beacon of lightDJ'sZ is a glorious beacon of lightDJ'sZ is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Lil Powell
Don't lie DJ you know its cause your scared my car will realize the millennium has pasted and explode.
Matt
LOL...the only way your pre 2K Chevy will 'implode' will be from the amount of gas you decide to dump in that poor little V8...

Old 05-08-2008, 12:44 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Wooohooo!!! I'll be home in about 7 hours or so. I found out that we are indeed going out of town this weekend for mothers day so everything will have to wait till next weekend. Normally I'd just stay home from our ranch, but it is mothers day so .. yeah I'm basically volunteered into going.

Now if anyone wants to head up there and race the RZR or my 400EX they are more than welcome to lol!

Old 05-08-2008, 02:33 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Whoops. I guess I should have searched. Now that I think about it I just realized that I am subscribed to that thread, I knew it sounded familiar. Oh well, now I can re-read that thread to kill time at work today,
Darkclaw13,

We lost alot of pics because photobucket closed. I have all the pics but way too much work to repost. The basics are Spanish case which was shuffle pinned and bow tailed, 80.4 mm crank w/ 2.0" journals and NASCAR oval bearings, Pauter titaniun rods, 105.7 mm steel liners and pistons, custom designed pistons with 9.6-1 compression, piston domes are ceramic coated, piston skirts are fricton coated, pistons are built for valve lift, Custom designed single lobe intake and exhaust cams with harmonic distortion eliminated, GT3 Cup heads with ceramic coated combustion chambers and exhaust ports, all ports were slightly ported to have a matched 360 cfm @ 25 psi, heads and liners were double o-ringed, custom head and case studs, custom designed and built three way springs that are heat repellant coated, custom titanium springs, custom designed and produced head gaskets, Inconnel valves which were ceramic and friction coated, GT1 three index oil pump, custom studs, heads will be e beam spot welded, 1100 cc injectors, World Cup plenum from 90 mm throttle body to heads, programable wet nitrous nozzles.

I'm sure some things were forgotten .......... but most was mentioned. Todd Knighten will be doing the tuning. The power will pretty much be limited by the turbo's and boost used. Motor is designed for a max of 2.4 bar, however 1.1 to 1.3 is about all we really need if we want any real longevity.

Last edited by cjv; 05-08-2008 at 05:08 PM.
Old 05-08-2008, 03:25 PM
TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !
Wooohooo!!! I'll be home in about 7 hours or so. I found out that we are indeed going out of town this weekend for mothers day so everything will have to wait till next weekend. Normally I'd just stay home from our ranch, but it is mothers day so .. yeah I'm basically volunteered into going.

Now if anyone wants to head up there and race the RZR or my 400EX they are more than welcome to lol!
Where's the ranch?

Old 05-08-2008, 03:32 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
It is in between Madisonville and Centerville. We only have 54 acres but our good friend has 1000 or so acres that backs up to ours. So lots of space to 4 wheel and shoot stuff LOL. I haven't shot my ar15 in months so I cannot wait.

Old 05-08-2008, 03:41 PM
Banned
Staff@RPM is infamous around these parts
It is in between Madisonville and Centerville. We only have 54 acres but our good friend has 1000 or so acres that backs up to ours. So lots of space to 4 wheel and shoot stuff LOL. I haven't shot my ar15 in months so I cannot wait.
Powell... Do you do any long range work with your 15 or a good old bolt action? Tim

Old 05-08-2008, 03:51 PM
It is actually a m4a2 newer rifle. My good friend has a semi automatic from the 70s or 60s. My dad wants to get a good ol m1 carbine like my uncle use to bring up there.

We have lots of wild hogs up there that our game warden has okd the getting rid of. They destroy the creek beds and stuff.

Old 05-08-2008, 04:44 PM
SpeedYellow has a spectacular aura aboutSpeedYellow has a spectacular aura aboutSpeedYellow has a spectacular aura about
Interesting.....

Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
It's okay, Craig. I don't believe his HP claims either.

Okay, let's get back to the "schoolyard antics".
Why not just "tack-weld" the waste-gates shut so that (another GREAT use for krazy-glue) You can then retain ALL of the "cumulative" boost pressure and then VRA can make even more power?

Consider the dyno-glory if videoing the HP/TQ spike to "roughly" 3000 WHP/WTQ which would last for a pico-second. Then the added glory of seeing the PLASMA at the tuner's shop spattered with oil and perhaps a couple of twisted rods in the near nano-seconds to follow. I mean THEN you'd REALLY have "had" the highest HP Porsche on 6Speed. You could even run an alcohol/water injection system to "optimize" the destruction. If all you want is to be DYNO-KING then let's see him do it.

Old 05-08-2008, 04:50 PM
Originally Posted by cjv
Darkclaw13,

We lost alot of pics because photobucket closed. I have all the pics but way too much work to repost. The basics are Spanish case which was shuffle pinned and bow tailed, 80.4 mm crank w/ 2.0" journals and NASCAR oval bearings, Pauter titaniun rods, 105.7 mm steel liners and pistons, custom designed pistons with 9.6-1 compression, piston domes are ceramic coated, piston skirts are fricton coated, pistons are built for valve lift, Custom designed single lobe cams with harmonic distortion eliminated, GT3 Cup heads with ceramic coated combustion chambers and exhaust ports, all ports were slightly ported to have a matched 360 cfm @ 25 psi, heads and liners were double o-ringed, custom head and case studs, custom designed and built three way springs that are heat repellant coated, custom titanium springs, custom designed and produced head gaskets, Inconnel valves which were ceramic and friction coated, GT1 three index oil pump, custom studs, heads will be e beam spot welded, 1100 cc injectors, World Cup plenum from 90 mm throttle body to heads, programable wet nitrous nozzles.

I'm sure some things were forgotten .......... but most was mentioned. Todd Knighten will be doing the tuning. The power will pretty much be limited by the turbo's and boost used. Motor is designed for a max of 2.4 bar, however 1.1 to 1.3 is about all we really need if we want any real longevity.
The thread is truly a wealth of knowledge and is a very good read. Good luck with actually getting it done this time.

Old 05-08-2008, 06:03 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
The thread is truly a wealth of knowledge and is a very good read. Good luck with actually getting it done this time.
We really couldn't do alot about the time. Most of the items like the crank, rods, pistons and rings, liners, cams, heads, valves, springs, oil pump etc. had to be designed and built. I guess the best comparison is a chain and it's weakest link. Everytime we took care of one link another weak link appeared. In one instance a part had to be redesigned and built three times. Others had to be done twice. We learned alot. It didn't help matters that the parts in the 996tt, GT3 Street, GT Cup and GT3RS in many cases appear to be the same however measurements are in fact different. In hind sight .................. people involved just didn't realize what they were getting into as far as uncharted territory goes. To their credit ........... they appear to have met the challenge.

The good news is S Car Go Racing has in their possession all the internal parts, Protomotive has in their possession all the external parts and ERP has in there possession all the handling related parts. There is nothing left to do but assemble all the parts.

Last edited by cjv; 05-08-2008 at 06:05 PM.
Old 05-08-2008, 06:52 PM
Originally Posted by cjv
The good news is S Car Go Racing has in their possession all the internal parts, Protomotive has in their possession all the external parts and ERP has in there possession all the handling related parts. There is nothing left to do but assemble all the parts.
Well fantastic.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: when will we see 1000rwhp out of these hi HP porsches?