996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

when will we see 1000rwhp out of these hi HP porsches?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 07:14 PM
ice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by unvmym3
ice , you didnt read the whole post on rennlist , he needs that power cuase hes running the texas mile.
You're right, I didn't.
If he's racing, by all means, get all the power money can buy. As long as it's done right. SOme people get totally boosted but forget to upgrade the tranny, differential and other items.

Old 10-03-2008, 08:22 PM
Banned
Maciej is infamous around these parts
Eddie (Bello) is already planning another project with a sponsor of his car for some incredible horsepower. But for the time being he's been focusing on putting down the power he has. At Atco he had to run 1st-4th partial throttle and still the clutch was spinning and tires were sliding. The last official dyno was at 1229rwhp. I'll have a ton of pics & video soon of the car and some new changes.

Old 10-04-2008, 07:33 AM
Acropora has a spectacular aura aboutAcropora has a spectacular aura about
Good luck to you and your team overseas Scott. Stay safe.
BTW, this car you and the Knightons built is AWESOME.
I'm about ready to run a 150+ mph quarter mile here in Michigan then the track will likely want me to put a parachute on her per NHRA regulations.
No way I'm putting a parachute on this car.

Last edited by Acropora; 10-04-2008 at 07:35 AM.
Old 10-04-2008, 07:49 AM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Brad,

I am just going to admit it: I am &%^$# jealous that you got Scotts car and not me!

Old 10-04-2008, 07:59 AM
Former Vendor
onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Acropora
I'm about ready to run a 150+ mph quarter mile here in Michigan then the track will likely want me to put a parachute on her per NHRA regulations.
Don't forget the full cage they're likely going to want you to have as well. Even so if I ran a 150mph trap I'd be more than happy to put a chute on the back (removable through the plate hole). Best of luck, hopefully with the 150mph trap you'll have a mid 9 on the frontside.

Old 10-04-2008, 08:44 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SamboTT
Good luck Markski.

Good luck to you too Divexxtreme!
Thanks a lot, Sambo.

Old 10-04-2008, 08:45 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by $manager
Hey Scott-
Way cool new pic bro....goodonya!

Thanks, brother. Once the car is done...I'll post some more.

Old 10-04-2008, 08:47 AM
Originally Posted by Acropora
Thanks, Brad. Remember, come out of the hole easy (you're not looking to hit 9's)...and check your peak boost level after each run and adjust accordingly based on feel. Also, be sure to stay in her well past the traps so you don't accidentally leave any mph on the table.

Old 10-04-2008, 08:48 AM
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
Brad,

I am just going to admit it: I am &%^$# jealous that you got Scotts car and not me!
Sorry, bro. I honestly had no idea you'd be interested in her when I put her up for sale.

Old 10-04-2008, 01:29 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Dive: Stay safe
Markski: Good luck, I am rooting for good things from your car
Brad (Dr. Acropora): Love the new signature!! (how about those two cars in his garage!! and I have seen both cars in action!)

MK

Old 10-04-2008, 04:56 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats on Scott's car, I was wondering who purchased that beast.
Robert

Old 10-04-2008, 05:02 PM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Sorry, bro. I honestly had no idea you'd be interested in her when I put her up for sale.

I noticed you had had different boost settings at different octane levels. Did you ever dyno the car at the lower levels, it would be interesting to see how much of a difference there is. If anyone has done that it would be interesting but more so in these high hp cars.

Old 10-04-2008, 07:38 PM
Originally Posted by Prche951
I noticed you had had different boost settings at different octane levels. Did you ever dyno the car at the lower levels, it would be interesting to see how much of a difference there is. If anyone has done that it would be interesting but more so in these high hp cars.
It made 665 rwhp on 93 octane on low boost at Protomotive. But I could also run around 700 rwhp on 93 octane as well (1.1 BAR).

Old 10-04-2008, 08:02 PM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
It made 665 rwhp on 93 octane on low boost at Protomotive. But I could also run around 700 rwhp on 93 octane as well (1.1 BAR).
thanks
ok so about a 189 to 200 rwhp difference between race fuel and 93. That's like a shot of nitrous, pretty cool.

Old 10-04-2008, 08:33 PM
Just a boxster?
JP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond repute
I just read the last 5 pages and the last 2 on RL and must say you HP guys are nuts. I thought I was going to have a quick car but this is silly. (Of course in a very good way)

My new 3.6 will be going in and I will be adding my current supercharger, light weight flywheel and new style MAF with a custom tune. I hope to see somewhere around 500+ crank HP but it will be in a Boxster. All this should be in and done by the end of OCT when that happens I hope to be the first boxster on the 60-130 list.

Last edited by JP-S-St.Louis; 10-04-2008 at 08:36 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: when will we see 1000rwhp out of these hi HP porsches?