996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

when will we see 1000rwhp out of these hi HP porsches?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-07-2008, 02:15 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Will 1000 foot pounds of torque qualify?

Old 12-07-2008, 02:32 PM
Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !
?????

It's running?? I thought it was still being assembled?

Old 12-07-2008, 02:47 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Gramicci101
?????

It's running?? I thought it was still being assembled?
Gramicci,

We have three motors that have been in various stages over the last four years. They have been assembled, engine dyno'ed, broken down and then use what was learned on the next test.

We know what each set up rendered. We know what each group of changes rendered. We do not know what the lastest added stroke (78.4 to 80.5 mm), bore (102 to 105.7 mm) and deck height (201 mm) will bring to the table, however based off what we already know and existing formula's for what we have, we can safely determine where we will be at any predetermined boost.

Increasing the stroke is key to increasing the torque. Increasing the bore will mildly to moderately increase torque. What increase bore really helps is in the hp department. Depending on where we set the boost 1.0 to 2.5 bar, she will produce 900 to just under 1600 fwhp.

Last edited by cjv; 12-07-2008 at 03:11 PM.
Old 12-07-2008, 03:08 PM
Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cjv
Depending on where we set the boost 1.0 to 2.5 bar, she will produce 900 to just under 1600 fwhp.

'scuse me, I need to pick my jaw up off the floor...

Old 12-07-2008, 03:24 PM
cjv

'scuse me, I need to pick my jaw up off the floor...
Gramicci,

The power will be all but useless with the exception of a roll. And then, it will still be mitigated due to loss of traction. The motor is designed to take the full 2.5 bar, but don't let that fool you. The price will be wear and tear ....... longevity.

When the reality of this all set in, we decided that we wanted it to be fast from let's say 3000 to 7000 rpm's. Yes, there is power to be had thru 9000 rpm's, but it is at a far slower rate. We tested more boost and didn't really like the results. We tested more bore displacement and got a broader hp band ...... but no real extra kick in to the lower to mid rpm range. We tried greater stroke and wow. The gained torque was mind boggling. Our reason for going to even more stroke.

The long and the short of it is this car will be extremely fast between 1.0 and 1.3 bar. It will also be extremely reliable with a better than average longevity in this boost range. Nothing to keep us from raise the bar above 1.3, other than maintance, down time costs and possibly the ability to stay alive.

Last edited by cjv; 12-07-2008 at 03:27 PM.
Old 12-07-2008, 03:46 PM
I sent a pm about this, but I was in a hurry and I think I worded it poorly. With that much power on tap, are you designing in a fail point in the drivetrain? Preferably something cheap and easy to replace? That way when something does break, you know what it is, it's a quick fix, and you would be able to plan for it and have spares on hand.

Old 12-07-2008, 04:14 PM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by robmd99
^^^
Then come see my car :-) Chris, you have driven my car and you know that my heads never lift! I have 6000 miles on it and was just at the Ferrari meet at uptown park. Dont ask how much boost I have reached... you will not believe if I told ya ;-)
Happy Holidays
Robert
Wow Rob!Got the dyno?I would love to see it!

Old 12-07-2008, 04:19 PM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cjv
Will 1000 foot pounds of torque qualify?
Chad,now this is something i would really like to see.......1000ft lbs(at the crank or wheels?) on one of these motors is really something and very hard to do,surely you have the data(dyno graph) you can share with us.Joe

Old 12-07-2008, 04:23 PM
cjv
I sent a pm about this, but I was in a hurry and I think I worded it poorly. With that much power on tap, are you designing in a fail point in the drivetrain? Preferably something cheap and easy to replace? That way when something does break, you know what it is, it's a quick fix, and you would be able to plan for it and have spares on hand.
The fail point, I would guess, is probably the most expensive replacement part ....... the tranny. We have already cracked two rear Fiske rims in the past. The front is from a 993tt using billet LSD, driveline is T300 steel, rear is a GT3R billet LSD.

The tranny has straight cut custom gears 1st thru 6th, steel syncro's, internal oil bar and external tranny cooler. The axles are single piece from EVO. The rims are Fiske 10.5 front/12.5 rear.

Old 12-07-2008, 04:49 PM
cjv
Originally Posted by joetwint
Chad,now this is something i would really like to see.......1000ft lbs(at the crank or wheels?) on one of these motors is really something and very hard to do,surely you have the data(dyno graph) you can share with us.Joe
Joe,

I have said they are engine dyno tests ....... so it would be at the crank. I hope you give me more credit than that.

Yes, the torque we are seeing is impossible with a 76.4 mm crank. It is also not possible by simply using pistons with a diameter greater than 100 mm. The turbo's are GT4294R's which can be assisted with a 200 wet shot of nitrous.

I'm sure you are aware of some of the hostilities that surface regarding torque and hp claims. Without posting everything, together with footnotes and actual runs, we would be misconstrued and ridiculed. We are very close to having this car completed. At that time we will perform some timed verifiable runs along with a dyno run complete with all information as to the conditions of test. This information will be posted. We will then answer any of your questions.

Torque on these stroker motors comes on a bit earlier than the non stroker. Depending on the stroke used, we have seen far more torque which simply was not available under any conditions with a standard stroked 3.6L motor. The liner pressures are so much greater that far thicker steel liners are required.

Last edited by cjv; 12-07-2008 at 05:11 PM.
Old 12-07-2008, 05:32 PM
Former Vendor
dk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud of
Sounds like it should be an absolute monster. Can't wait to see the results. Good Luck!

Old 12-07-2008, 05:56 PM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cjv
Gramicci,

We have three motors that have been in various stages over the last four years. They have been assembled, engine dyno'ed, broken down and then use what was learned on the next test.

We know what each set up rendered. We know what each group of changes rendered. We do not know what the lastest added stroke (78.4 to 80.5 mm), bore (102 to 105.7 mm) and deck height (201 mm) will bring to the table, however based off what we already know and existing formula's for what we have, we can safely determine where we will be at any predetermined boost.

Increasing the stroke is key to increasing the torque. Increasing the bore will mildly to moderately increase torque. What increase bore really helps is in the hp department. Depending on where we set the boost 1.0 to 2.5 bar, she will produce 900 to just under 1600 fwhp.

WOW, 1600 fwhp. You increased the stroke to what and how much did the overall displacement go to now?

Old 12-07-2008, 06:45 PM
[/quote][quote=cjv;2164193]Joe,

I have said they are engine dyno tests ....... so it would be at the crank. I hope you give me more credit than that.
I figured it would be at the crank but wasn't sure because the OP was talking in relation to wheel power.No worries
The turbo's are GT4294R's which can be assisted with a 200 wet shot of nitrous.
Got ya....and this was one of the reasons i am curious to see the dynograph because with turbos this large full boost occurs usually after these motors peak torque range.These turbos will make lots of horsepower but usually not so much torque(comparatively speaking).The change in stroke+ 200 shot definetely will make this obtainable though and had not realized you had gotten this far already.I thought you were still having issues with getting the motor developed.Kudos!

I'm sure you are aware of some of the hostilities that surface regarding torque and hp claims. Without posting everything, together with footnotes and actual runs, we would be misconstrued and ridiculed.
I understand.Which is why i asked to see the dyno because i figured since you alluded to the fact you made 1000ft lbs it was something that you could share.

Torque on these stroker motors comes on a bit earlier than the non stroker. Depending on the stroke used, we have seen far more torque which simply was not available under any conditions with a standard stroked 3.6L motor. The liner pressures are so much greater that far thicker steel liners are required.[/
quote]The stroke will be very beneficial when used in conjunction with a set 0f 42R's and should set your car apart from all the rest.Lots of Luck!

Old 12-07-2008, 06:45 PM
silvershark is infamous around these parts
Question 1600hp

Originally Posted by cjv
Gramicci,

How does the bottom end hold up? (aluminum split block)

Old 12-07-2008, 07:41 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by joetwint
Wow Rob!Got the dyno?I would love to see it!
I dont have the dyno sheet from here in Texas, however I am certain that Todd has a copy of it some where in his shop. You can write him for the results. I have never seen either dyno sheets, here in Texas or the ones from Arkansas. I have been told they are very impressive but what is more important is that I can and do drive this car daily :-) Just went through 15 gallons of C16 this weekend.... and a few victims.
Happy Holiday
Robert

PS Joe
Do you think you will make it down to the Supra Nats? I would like to compare our builds.

Lastly, any news about Suman's car?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: when will we see 1000rwhp out of these hi HP porsches?