996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

when will we see 1000rwhp out of these hi HP porsches?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 09:49 AM
charlie_ludden is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
LOL
I know all about it... lets see what happens...
Im waiting for some clutch replacement parts next week... if it holds then Ill be happy , if not ill have to go another route... other then that the car has been ready just no where o go in the extended winter break we have had in Chicago..LOL
I saw your 9second video
Congrats on the record run and it just looks SICK when you pulled the front wheels off the ground. Anyone beat your 9 second time yet and are you planning on going back to the strip?

Old 05-02-2008, 09:51 AM
Highhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to behold
The fastest 996tt on the strip has to be the EVOMS car (9.67 @ 148) and will be for a while.

S

Old 05-02-2008, 09:55 AM
charlie_ludden is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Highhats
The fastest 996tt on the strip has to be the EVOMS car (9.67 @ 148) and will be for a while.

S
Thank you for the information, I always thought Markski had the record.

Old 05-02-2008, 10:01 AM
SpeedYellow has a spectacular aura aboutSpeedYellow has a spectacular aura aboutSpeedYellow has a spectacular aura about
Displacement

Originally Posted by Powell
One of the reasons that you have not seen a 1000hp Porsche yet is because honestly most shops are to secretive. Do you know why the LS1/5.0/4.6/etc. have done so good is because people work together and are not a bunch of arrogant *******s. Maybe if people learned to work together we'd get **** done. Don't give me the excuses that its because of money, because honestly they could make more if they worked together. I know some may HELP each other some, but not enough. This doesn't relate to everyone because there are some people from certain shops that have helped me along the way, but for the most part the others try to be to secretive.

It's funny that some of the big names wouldn't even come congratulate people like me who have thought outside of the box and built cars that make just as much power as people who have spent $25k to do a build. I guess when I finally build my motor and max out the turbos I'll be laughing because I did this for still less than $20k and will be making some insane power.... Maybe the younger guys are the smarter ones because we can do more with less... LOL!

And for those dissing Aluminum blocks maybe you should look at the LS1 because it was aluminum with 4 bolts per cyl. they said it could never make a lot of power, but if I remember correctly they have made close to 2000hp without any problem. Hell they said the same thing about the 4.6ltr Cobra/GT motor... I guess the people that buy the expensive aluminum blocks are just dumb.. LOL!
It's not just the Aluminum vs Iron argument, it's the DISPLACEMENT that you're using in order to try and get big power. Yes, you can get 1000hp from 1.5 liters but look, the PSI required to do that (from 1.5 liters) required IRON.

There's good data on all of this and good theoretical data on how much HP you can get per liter vs longevity. One thing is for certain, though, which messes with the best math guys on this board.... You guessed it.... "You can't fix stupid" so anything that can be mathematically bulletproofed can be blown up with stupid.

Old 05-02-2008, 10:03 AM
Highhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs up

heres the link of the evoms car.

Evoms does 9.67 @ 149

Last edited by Highhats; 05-02-2008 at 10:05 AM.
Old 05-02-2008, 10:09 AM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SpeedYellow
It's not just the Aluminum vs Iron argument, it's the DISPLACEMENT that you're using in order to try and get big power. Yes, you can get 1000hp from 1.5 liters but look, the PSI required to do that (from 1.5 liters) required IRON.

There's good data on all of this and good theoretical data on how much HP you can get per liter vs longevity. One thing is for certain, though, which messes with the best math guys on this board.... You guessed it.... "You can't fix stupid" so anything that can be mathematically bulletproofed can be blown up with stupid.
That is true.. A little bit of bad gas, to much fuel pressure (yes you can have to much for the people who didn't know that.. Washing out the rings is possible on any motor when you flood out a motor with gas) or to little fuel pressure. Hell it's not just stupid, it can be common mistakes. A tuner could enter 1 number off on a timing table and boom there goes your motor because he hit a 4 instead of 3.

I just think its funny that people doubt aluminum motors. This has been argued about on every car I have owned with one (Cobra / LS1). The only reason why I didn't use an aluminum block in my Camaro was cost at the time to build a bigger stroker motor. Hell people still talk **** about sleeved motors (esp with nitrous and forced induction) in the LS1s but we have a sleeved aluminum 427 in the garage that we hit with a 300 shot and it takes it like a champion.

Old 05-02-2008, 10:13 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Peter A's car (Divexx's very good friend and neighbor) has a freshly built Proto
3.8 liter Proto Car (I do not know what 3.8 kit), with Mckenzie heads and the latest
GT35r's and it made insane horespower at 1.1 bar (they ran out of tuning time on Proto's dyno and drove thru the night to arrive at TX2K8). Remember this had zero miles on it when it left the floods of Arkansas for Houston. This may be temporarily perhaps the so called "Top Dog". This is an opinion only but this car has the "goods"
to outperform Markski, Divexx, and Rob MD (due to the fancy heads/valve train).
I know there are a few others but this set-up (which I rode in and drove briefly) is like
a fricken "Supra" above 4K...
Obviously, Switzer's standalone + a well heeled customer will produce (and already has)
some very interesting results

Cheers,

MK

Old 05-02-2008, 10:17 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Also,

whoever said Knighton was going to fly out and tune VR's car must have some really
good meds...

MK

Old 05-02-2008, 10:18 AM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Marek
I am trying to find the limits to my car and its acceleration. At my current tune, I am not losing traction thus I will slowly increase my power to the point were I loose traction. I am not interestred in dyno numbers, I care about my car and the fun it delivers when I am playing around here on the streets of H town! I have some serious competition.. supras, twin turbo chevy and fords and those monster vipers.. hint hint Tim!!!!

Old 05-02-2008, 10:25 AM
Rob,

Get a damn V-box in your car and run some 60-130's

MK

Old 05-02-2008, 10:27 AM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
I know my numbers..

Old 05-02-2008, 10:27 AM
Ha Ha...

Old 05-02-2008, 10:28 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
Peter A's car (Divexx's very good friend and neighbor) has a freshly built Proto
3.8 liter Proto Car (I do not know what 3.8 kit), with Mckenzie heads and the latest
GT35r's and it made insane horespower at 1.1 bar (they ran out of tuning time on Proto's dyno and drove thru the night to arrive at TX2K8). Remember this had zero miles on it when it left the floods of Arkansas for Houston. This may be temporarily perhaps the so called "Top Dog". This is an opinion only but this car has the "goods"
to outperform Markski, Divexx, and Rob MD (due to the fancy heads/valve train).
I know there are a few others but this set-up (which I rode in and drove briefly) is like
a fricken "Supra" above 4K...
Obviously, Switzer's standalone + a well heeled customer will produce (and already has)
some very interesting results

Cheers,

MK
Peter's car made 817 rwhp at 1.17 BAR. It was never finished tuning for 1.5+ BAR prior to going to Houston because some of the "bad" ARP head bolts were installed before it was found out that a bad batch had been released by ARP. It's on its way back down to Todd next week for different head bolts and final tuning.

When complete, I'm confident it will make more power than my car and will be faster than my car as well.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 05-04-2008 at 03:04 PM.
Old 05-02-2008, 10:28 AM
chidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the rough
out of curiousity how much does it take to do a minor built 3.6L motor?

how about a built 3.8L?

has anyone considered sleeving the blocks to run more boost using maybe darton sleeves?

Old 05-02-2008, 10:29 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
Also,

whoever said Knighton was going to fly out and tune VR's car must have some really
good meds...

MK
LOL..I was thinking the same thing when I read that...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: when will we see 1000rwhp out of these hi HP porsches?