996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

when will we see 1000rwhp out of these hi HP porsches?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 10:30 AM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by chidoks
out of curiousity how much does it take to do a minor built 3.6L motor?

how about a built 3.8L?

has anyone considered sleeving the blocks to run more boost using maybe darton sleeves?
It is probably possible but that would require a few shops to work together with Darton so not just one person has to deal with the R&D, but you can bet that will never happen LOL!

Old 05-02-2008, 10:31 AM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
LOL..I was thinking the same thing when I read that...
It would be a costly airline ticket...hmmm 10 to 15 K???

Old 05-02-2008, 10:32 AM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Peter's car made 817 rwhp at 1.15-1.2 BAR. It was never finished tuning for 1.5+ BAR prior to going to Houston because it got some of "bad" ARP head bolts installed before it was found out that a bad batch had been released by ARP. It's on its way back down to Todd next week for different head bolts and final tuning.

When complete, I'm confident it will make more power than my car and will be faster than my car as well.
Yes, I have inquired about this with my car as well... as of yet no response!

Old 05-02-2008, 10:33 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by robmd99
I know my numbers..
Then why not tell us, Rob? Do you seriously think it's going to have an impact on whether or not people race you in Houston? Brother...people already know, through word of mouth, that your car is fast. Trust me on this.

The only people that care about your 60-130 times are the people on this forum. Screw relying on dyno numbers. That's for dyno queens. Show us what that thing can do with a verifiable graph.

Old 05-02-2008, 10:34 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by robmd99
It would be a costly airline ticket...hmmm 10 to 15 K???
LOL...

Old 05-02-2008, 11:49 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
With recent TV appearances and more to come it would be, in my opinion, Protomotive's interest to fly to Cali for some retuning.... From what I hear, Alex got called out for a TV shootout rematch by Henessey after Alex won the shootout recently...
aside from the fact that he is homeless and poor.. everything he told me recently has happened... from the two tv appearances to upcoiming showing.... so i would not discount the idea that Todd will not fly out to be a part of a TV show...
time will tell..
mark

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 05-02-2008, 01:16 PM
Banned
Staff@RPM is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Powell
It is probably possible but that would require a few shops to work together with Darton so not just one person has to deal with the R&D, but you can bet that will never happen LOL!
Hi... When have the stock sleeves bin a problem? Or when have the ARP head studs bin a problem? Tim

Old 05-02-2008, 01:33 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by charlie_ludden
I saw his car with the new setup on the dyno last Friday. It made 857rwhp at only 5800rpms at 1.4bar before running out of fuel. His heads are now a permanent part of the block and he is planning to run 32-35psi with the new 850cc injectors (1100rwhp). He is flying Todd in to tune his car.
Hi...Mr. ludden, I have built many 996TT motors and for the life of me can not understand how it is possible to weld the heads on the sleeves and then weld the jugs onto the head (keep to water in its ports) and aline all three sleeves. Furthermore how do you stop the water from entering the block because you melted the o-rings(on the sleeve) with all the heat needed to weld aluminum? In any case Eddie runs stock sized ARP studs and still runs the stock o-ring for the heads with 30 psi of boost. I run ARP head studs stock size with my last dyno at 26psi (run out of injectors). Tim

Old 05-02-2008, 01:37 PM
chidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the rough
anyone?

out of curiousity how much does it take to do a minor built 3.6L motor?

how about a built 3.8L?

has anyone considered sleeving the blocks to run more boost using maybe darton sleeves?

Old 05-02-2008, 01:58 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
anyone?
just to do rods and studs... $12 to 14K assuming they have to take out the motor.
add another $5000 obo for the 3.8l kit.

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 05-02-2008, 02:07 PM
chidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the rough
thanks for the info..

Originally Posted by MARKSKI
just to do rods and studs... $12 to 14K assuming they have to take out the motor.
add another $5000 obo for the 3.8l kit.

Old 05-03-2008, 10:20 AM
UAE996TT is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by charlie_ludden
Thank you for the information, I always thought Markski had the record.
wait till Mark finishes his clutch it was slipping when he got his 9 S so this time if he goes to the strip and his clutch hold, he will be in mid 9 S for sure and we will see a new record .

Old 05-03-2008, 10:34 AM
charlie_ludden is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by UAE996TT
wait till Mark finishes his clutch it was slipping when he got his 9 S so this time if he goes to the strip and his clutch hold, he will be in mid 9 S for sure and we will see a new record .
Wow! His car is crazy! Have you seen him pull the front wheels off the ground when he launched the car for the 9second run???

Old 05-03-2008, 03:24 PM
Porscha is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Staff@RPM
In any case Eddie runs stock sized ARP studs and still runs the stock o-ring for the heads with 30 psi of boost. I run ARP head studs stock size with my last dyno at 26psi (run out of injectors). Tim
Do you guys not see issues with head sealing at 26 and 30 psi? What are you doing differently to everybody else? Thanks.

Old 05-03-2008, 03:51 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Porscha
Do you guys not see issues with head sealing at 26 and 30 psi? What are you doing differently to everybody else? Thanks.
Hi......I do not know how other engine builders build their motors. But I do know how I build a motor. Also some customers want a built motor at evo/sti prices.....and think they will break the 9 second range with 800+ awhp. So I do not think it is the builder but the customer thinking he got the best deal on a "built motor" You do get what you pay for, Isn't that why you bought a Porsche? Here to assist, Tim

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: when will we see 1000rwhp out of these hi HP porsches?