996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

when will we see 1000rwhp out of these hi HP porsches?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-03-2008, 05:00 PM
UAE996TT is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by charlie_ludden
Wow! His car is crazy! Have you seen him pull the front wheels off the ground when he launched the car for the 9second run???
Perfect ..

Old 05-03-2008, 05:36 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Tim
What is the most powerful 996 turbo have you built? It is not until you get into the High Hp that the heads start lifting. It is easy to be an arm chair quaterback but to be in the game of 800 to 1000 is a different story. Please dont be offended by this statement but this is from personal experience.
Cheers
Robert

Old 05-03-2008, 06:01 PM
Banned
Staff@RPM is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by robmd99
Tim
What is the most powerful 996 turbo have you built? It is not until you get into the High Hp that the heads start lifting. It is easy to be an arm chair quaterback but to be in the game of 800 to 1000 is a different story. Please dont be offended by this statement but this is from personal experience.
Cheers
Robert
Hi.... Rob If I remember you had some questions about fuel systems did you get that all sorted out? Now as for my car I topped out at 776rwhp with 60lb injectors i am still on a factory ecu and evaluating each step for future customers' benefits. If this was all about brute hp in a 996 i would have had a standalone a long time ago and been done with the the factory electronics but as an owner of a shop not one person who has called me for upgrades to their porsches has even entertained even running a standalone, these cars do run on the street and need to pass their state inspections in order to be registered (reregistered). Now im not even going to talk about Eddie's car because no body is even at that level on this forum... And Rob why didn't I see you at the texas Mile or any Dyno results from the TX2K8? Have a great evening as for me im upset because its pouring out and I can't go beat on my turbo.
Tim

Old 05-03-2008, 06:04 PM
Rasputin is just really niceRasputin is just really niceRasputin is just really niceRasputin is just really niceRasputin is just really nice
Originally Posted by Staff@RPM
.. And Rob why didn't I see you at the texas Mile or any Dyno results from the TX2K8?
.... cue the " Secret Agent Man" music...ha.. VR Rob

Old 05-03-2008, 06:07 PM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
And Rob why didn't I see you at the texas Mile or any Dyno results from the TX2K8?
Tim
...........But ofcourse he is a street racer.

Old 05-03-2008, 06:08 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
^^^^^
LOL There is always October
:-)

Old 05-03-2008, 06:37 PM
Charlie
I would like to have all the proto cars show up some time or another. You can only imagine having VR, Marek, Scott, Peter and my car in one place. Now that would be fun; maybe by that time Suman and few others will have there cars done, now that would be crazy times!!!
Have a boosted night
Robert

Old 05-03-2008, 06:43 PM
jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !
Hi.... Rob If I remember you had some questions about fuel systems did you get that all sorted out? Now as for my car I topped out at 776rwhp with 60lb injectors i am still on a factory ecu and evaluating each step for future customers' benefits. If this was all about brute hp in a 996 i would have had a standalone a long time ago and been done with the the factory electronics but as an owner of a shop not one person who has called me for upgrades to their porsches has even entertained even running a standalone, these cars do run on the street and need to pass their state inspections in order to be registered (reregistered). Now im not even going to talk about Eddie's car because no body is even at that level on this forum... And Rob why didn't I see you at the texas Mile or any Dyno results from the TX2K8? Have a great evening as for me im upset because its pouring out and I can't go beat on my turbo.
Tim
Tim what exactly is in your build?

Jag

Old 05-04-2008, 01:11 AM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by charlie_ludden
+1

VR is attending the mile with his 996tt along side his F40LM in October...should be a close race since the F40LM lays down 912rwhp and weighs in at 2021lb wet and ready with no pilot. You should attend!!!!!!!!!!!!
Can you ride his nuts any harder?

Old 05-04-2008, 03:12 AM
jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !
^^^ LOLOL

Old 05-04-2008, 06:07 AM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
No joke....If anyone believes that the car made 850 rwhp @.8 bar and at only 5300rpm, well then that person hasn't been around the 996 tt very long .IT very well may make that power but not under those circumstances.

Old 05-04-2008, 08:33 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by OhioGT2
Can you ride his nuts any harder?
Jamie,

You may very well be the funniest guy on this forum.

Old 05-04-2008, 08:34 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by joetwint
No joke....If anyone believes that the car made 850 rwhp @.8 bar and at only 5300rpm, well then that person hasn't been around the 996 tt very long .IT very well may make that power but not under those circumstances.
+1. 100% agree.

Old 05-04-2008, 11:59 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
I have been told.. and Im only repeating that it was 850 at 1.4 bars. which would make sense becasue I and Scott made similar power. I have yet to see the dyno....

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 05-04-2008, 12:55 PM
Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !
Yet another CLASSIC 6Speed thread, rife with hyperbole, unsubstantiated claims, and “nut ridding.” Gotta love it!

I would be the first to applaud 1100+ rwhp from a 996TT. That being said, remember who we are talking about here . . . the undisputed KING of exaggeration and unsubstantiated claims, who previously insisted that he ran a 9 second pass at over 150 mph, but repeatedly refused to post any verification. What was his explanation? He was a “professional” street racer and he did not want to dissuade unsuspecting opponents from racing him for five figure prizes. Yeah, right. And I have a video of me banging Jessica Alba, but I don’t want to show anyone because it might dissuade Scarlett Johansson from banging me. He is also the master of soliciting others to speak on his behalf, and his current nut hugging voicebox is new 6Speed member Charlie Ludden. How many times have we seen this before? Déjà vu!!! I wish him well, but I will remain skeptical until we have legitimate verification (e.g., something more than a nut hugger swearing that he witnessed it).

Meanwhile, it appears that 6Speed has a new “professional” street racer who “knows his numbers,” but will not post them because he doesn’t want his local peeps to know how fast his car supposedly is.

Originally Posted by robmd99
I know my numbers..

Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Then why not tell us, Rob? Do you seriously think it's going to have an impact on whether or not people race you in Houston? Brother...people already know, through word of mouth, that your car is fast. Trust me on this.
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
The only people that care about your 60-130 times are the people on this forum. Screw relying on dyno numbers. That's for dyno queens. Show us what that thing can do with a verifiable graph.
And Rob why didn't I see you at the texas Mile or any Dyno results from the TX2K8?

...........But of course he is a street racer .

Bueller? Bueller? Dude, you are the modern day VRAlex, boasting that you car can leap buildings in a single bound, but refusing to post any verification or objective data. This is not a tuner vs. tuner issue. You have been called out by your Protomotive brothers, and your responsive silence is deafening. All you need now is a nut hugger like Charlie to be your voice box.

The two positive themes I have gleaned from this thread concern Peter’s and Suman’s cars. It sounds like Peter’s car is going to be an absolute monster when it is finished. Congratulations Peter. You have been at it for a LONG time, but it sounds like your efforts are going to pay off. Likewise, it sounds like Suman’s car is evolving in a new and exciting direction. Good luck Suman!!!

Regards,

Craig

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: when will we see 1000rwhp out of these hi HP porsches?