996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

when will we see 1000rwhp out of these hi HP porsches?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 01:43 PM
SpeedYellow has a spectacular aura aboutSpeedYellow has a spectacular aura aboutSpeedYellow has a spectacular aura about
Noooooooooooooooo!!!!! You don't understand................

The reason my cars have these huge HP numbers is *BECAUSE* I am a professional race car driver. The dyno-sheets don't matter. It's my professional racing career that allows me to DYNO at *double* the horsepower while running HALF of the boost, half of the displacement, and at HALF of the RPM's of anyone else. It's a *CONSERVATIVE* tune, actually, which is why I also accomplish this feat at HALF of the Octane rating. Nothing like experience I tell you..... nothing. Pump gas is the WAY, baby...

Old 05-04-2008, 02:02 PM
Highhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Craig

The two positive themes I have gleaned from this thread concern Peter’s and Suman’s cars. It sounds like Peter’s car is going to be an absolute monster when it is finished. Congratulations Peter. You have been at it for a LONG time, but it sounds like your efforts are going to pay off. Likewise, it sounds like Suman’s car is evolving in a new and exciting direction. Good luck Suman!!!

Regards,

Craig
Thanks Craig. Give me about a month and we should be up and rolling. Sticking with the 3.8L set up and Bonsai boys! Right now my main concern is getting the proper injectors and Switzer's Standalone in the car. This is the key variable to making the power I want. Plus I will not go further then the gt35r .82 a/r or the lag will take away from the drivability characteristics I want. thanks

Suman

Old 05-04-2008, 02:26 PM
Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !
I thought IA was building your car?

Christian

Originally Posted by Highhats
Thanks Craig. Give me about a month and we should be up and rolling. Sticking with the 3.8L set up and Bonsai boys! Right now my main concern is getting the proper injectors and Switzer's Standalone in the car. This is the key variable to making the power I want. Plus I will not go further then the gt35r .82 a/r or the lag will take away from the drivability characteristics I want. thanks

Suman

Old 05-04-2008, 04:58 PM
Highhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Christian
I thought IA was building your car?

Christian

They are and have been.

Old 05-04-2008, 06:03 PM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Staff@RPM
If this was all about brute hp in a 996 i would have had a standalone a long time ago and been done with the the factory electronics but as an owner of a shop not one person who has called me for upgrades to their porsches has even entertained even running a standalone, these cars do run on the street and need to pass their state inspections in order to be registered (reregistered).
I agree that you weren't getting these calls since there was no viable standalone option available for the 996/997 market until a couple weeks ago. And fyi, Switzer's standalone will pass an OBDII inspection without an issue (and potentially with less hassles than some other flashes which occasionally show CEL's...which in Ohio is an automatic failure).

Old 05-04-2008, 08:05 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Um, Jamie... Gotta be objective here, but I do believe you have pretty much thrown a saddle and a leg over Switzers *********.

Old 05-04-2008, 08:19 PM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
Um, Jamie... Gotta be objective here, but I do believe you have pretty much thrown a saddle and a leg over Switzers *********.
LOL

Old 05-04-2008, 08:29 PM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
Well there's a difference between reporting actual facts....but I'll give you one here, I have been impressed by SPI.

Now don't you have a minivan or something to roll race with your M3?

Old 05-04-2008, 08:30 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by unvmym3
LOL

Old 05-04-2008, 09:20 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by OhioGT2
Well there's a difference between reporting actual facts....but I'll give you one here, I have been impressed by SPI.

It has to be full of special kids...and they have to have those little helmets on. I will pretty much take what I can get, nowadays, since Walnut and Chris are clearly ducking me.

I have to admit, however, the Switzer standalone is a MAJOR breakthrough.

Old 05-05-2008, 05:10 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !

Originally Posted by OhioGT2
LOL...you two crack me up.

Old 05-05-2008, 08:35 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
It has to be full of special kids...and they have to have those little helmets on. I will pretty much take what I can get, nowadays, since Walnut and Chris are clearly ducking me.

^^^ This is one of my new favorites!!! LOL

MK

Old 05-05-2008, 08:43 AM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Sean will get whats coming as soon as I can get the boost to hold after it peaks.

I've been trying to race everything around my house and it won't budge. Only thing I've gotten to bite is some kids in a SS Camaro and it was bad. As soon as I hit boost I jumped up a half car (he took off without honking or anything), shifted early into 3rd and jumped out a car or two and let out. It would have gotten ugly if I stayed in each gear like I was suppose to. Kids picked on the wrong kid in a Porsche. I was thinking even when I first started driving if I heard a car with a loud whistle through the exhaust I knew something was up with it LOL!

Old 05-05-2008, 09:51 AM
Chris,

It sounds to me like you are limited by your fuel system.

Old 05-05-2008, 12:01 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Chris,

It sounds to me like you are limited by your fuel system.
I am doing the Ford MAF and installing my Bosch 044 Pump next. Hopefully that should cover me and make it safe at 650-675rwhp or so.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: when will we see 1000rwhp out of these hi HP porsches?