996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Thunderhill write up..and advice needed.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 02:33 AM
f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !
Thunderhill write up..and advice needed.

So i went today with the volvo club, and theirs a few questions I have to see if anyone can direct me to the right 'direction' sorta speak to improve the car.

First of all, my current power mods are ECU/straight pipes with primary cats/DV/k&n air filter. Those are my performance mods. At the mean time I do not want or should i say i'm not looking for more HP, i think thats plenty. After todays track day, my front rotors and rear rotors are gone. Along with my front pads. I'm currently running Pagid Orange front and rear. The rear still have a lot of pad left but the fronts can probably get me to safeway and back, thats about it !

I have been thinking of getting Pagid yellows up front ? should i go with r-19s or 29s ? anyone with track experience that can eloborate ?
Their was another TT, and he had the Porsche Ceramic calipers, but 997 TT steal rotors, and he could break in way deeper with more confidence then I could. Of course, one reason is he had the Cup tires, but also he also had front brake pad

Are there any slotted rotters that are 350mm that will still enable me to use the stock TT calipers ?
I'm hopeing with 350mm, and some yellows that will give me back my brakeing confidence.
Next up is tires! I have falken tire's and i must say sure they are inexpensive but you get what you pay for ( i got them since wear rate was higher and i wanted something that lasted..for a bit !). The back end of the car feels 'lose' on the back end of the car. Under heavy brakeing the car would squirm a lot. Having 255's up front with an 8 inch rim didnt help. Oh yea, and on turn 11 and 12, i could actualy hear the rear tires spinning... not good....

Are Cups good for DD and track driving, if so what size should i go to maximize grip, and handling ability?

Also, i must say the alingment from TCDesign, made a huge diffs, car feels very well planted in the turns! Big props to Tony :burnout:

As for my best time, it was a 2:07X with a 180lb passanger, we were using turn 5/cyclone . Is that a good time ? my best lap with all my best sectors is a high 2:04....i guess i have to improve in consistency
Enrique

Last edited by f1crazydriver; 05-02-2008 at 02:37 AM.
Old 05-10-2008, 12:55 PM
jcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond repute
How were the volvo's? Any pictures? I would love to see a V70R running with a 996TT on the track. ....that would be a fun avatar!

Which Falkens...the RT615's?

JB

Old 05-10-2008, 03:50 PM
FlyYellow is infamous around these partsFlyYellow is infamous around these parts
yes there is a group buy that will happen any day now from RSS that will allow you to go to a 2 piece rotor (hat & disc) which will save weight, improve cooling/braking. It will be around $1500-$1900 for all four corners depending on how many people we get....

stay tuned.