996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

5.5X 60-130 on 93 octane...with video.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 06:22 PM
Adam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud of
Really nice time Scott, especially on 93 it's crazy! Thanks for the vid!!

Old 05-02-2008, 06:31 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Talk about a "spider monkey on crack"... LOL!

Fantastic runs, I love the fact your are just going out and doing it!!
This IS the good stuff after someone spends as much time, energy, and money
as you have on a great build.

MK

Old 05-02-2008, 06:32 PM
vrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
I definitely think a quality piston style (like I have) would be better than a diapghram, bro. If it were me, I would pay the extra for the Forge Motorport. It may actually help you between shifts more than you might think.

Thanks!
That will be one of my next upgrades.

Old 05-02-2008, 06:35 PM
art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !
Is this AWD or RWD? Is it 3.6L or 3.8L? I am guessing a 3.8L with 1.6Bar. Timing is good. Nice video.

Old 05-02-2008, 07:41 PM
SEAN 996 is infamous around these partsSEAN 996 is infamous around these parts
Nice video! Is that the stock shifter?

Old 05-02-2008, 07:45 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by art4iza
Is this AWD or RWD? Is it 3.6L or 3.8L? I am guessing a 3.8L with 1.6Bar. Timing is good. Nice video.
3.6L at 1.15 BAR, RWD. My 1.6 BAR run (with different BOV springs, different tires and different fuel) was 4.74.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 05-02-2008 at 07:49 PM.
Old 05-02-2008, 07:46 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SEAN 996
Nice video! Is that the stock shifter?
Sean, it's a B&M SSK.

Old 05-02-2008, 07:48 PM
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
Talk about a "spider monkey on crack"... LOL!

Fantastic runs, I love the fact your are just going out and doing it!!
This IS the good stuff after someone spends as much time, energy, and money
as you have on a great build.

MK
LOL..thanks, Marty. We built them to enjoy them, right?

Old 05-02-2008, 08:32 PM
MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !
Scott,
Earlier I meant to ask you what kind of 60-130 times you were getting doing one shift instead of two...

Old 05-02-2008, 09:25 PM
Originally Posted by MBailey
Scott,
Earlier I meant to ask you what kind of 60-130 times you were getting doing one shift instead of two...
I'm normally 2 to 3/10's slower with 1-shift, due to where in the rpm range my car is when I start in 3rd (sicne my peak horsepower is made at redline or 7,900 rpm).

If I switch from my current .82 A/R hot housings to my set of .63 A/R hot housings (which I'm considering), I would probably be faster with 1-shift than I am with 2....but may lose power up top.

I plan on continuing to tinker and adjust things on my car until I find the best overall setup for my specific purposes.

Old 05-02-2008, 09:28 PM
KPG validated the run at 5.52 with 2-shifts.

Old 05-03-2008, 09:51 AM
TRK
TRK is a splendid one to beholdTRK is a splendid one to beholdTRK is a splendid one to beholdTRK is a splendid one to beholdTRK is a splendid one to beholdTRK is a splendid one to beholdTRK is a splendid one to behold
Video stuff...

Scott,
How about pointing the camera at the tach and speedo to give them a better reference, then possibly a quick shot of the Vbox and the peak boost readings right after the run.
Awesome run on pump gas. Congratulations. Those 35R's are pretty happy on the lower boost stuff ;p

Old 05-03-2008, 10:02 AM
chidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the rough
pretty decent shifting.. seems like you have a lot of traction for a rwd car

Old 05-03-2008, 11:51 AM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
That's an insane time for that amount of boost! Those 35Rs are bad *****es!!!

Old 05-03-2008, 03:34 PM
topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !
Scott, Nice run.. with those numbers why risk cranking the boost ...I think the Key to these cars running better numbers are the higher RPM's ..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 5.5X 60-130 on 93 octane...with video.