996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

looking for air box system for 996tt

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 07:22 PM
steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !
if you get one be sure to get the plain paper filter had oiled filter and maf became a prod got paper (no oil) and all has been fine for a year or so have evo air box all is fine

Old 05-05-2008, 07:26 PM
boca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really nice
Evo air box system uses a paper cone filter?

Old 05-05-2008, 07:35 PM
Adam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud of
I wouldn't hesitate buying a v-flow. I have had mine on for approx 4000 miles without any problems at all. I have the newer version with the waffle and a dry filter, so that may be the reason I haven't had a problem. I feel that it adds some power compared to the OEM paper filter, and I wouldn't switch back to stock for any reason. As far as the noise, there isn't much of a difference from stock IMO. I do hear the diverter valves working now, but other than that, it's the same as stock.

Old 05-05-2008, 11:42 PM
skippyBKR is infamous around these parts
Evoms

I have a slightly used EVOMS V-flow - if someone would like to buy it, make me a reasonable offer (pm me)
(The class we race in does not allow this modification, so I had to remove it and run stock)

Name:  DSC00497.JPG
Views: 74
Size:  137.1 KB

Name:  DSC00496.JPG
Views: 69
Size:  137.1 KB

Name:  DSC00499.JPG
Views: 72
Size:  150.2 KB

Old 05-06-2008, 07:36 AM
Szpet has much to be proud ofSzpet has much to be proud ofSzpet has much to be proud ofSzpet has much to be proud ofSzpet has much to be proud ofSzpet has much to be proud ofSzpet has much to be proud ofSzpet has much to be proud ofSzpet has much to be proud ofSzpet has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by skippyBKR
I have a slightly used EVOMS V-flow - if someone would like to buy it, make me a reasonable offer (pm me)
(The class we race in does not allow this modification, so I had to remove it and run stock)

Attachment 68810

Attachment 68811

Attachment 68812
Hi

Can you please email me on wojtecki@gmail.com

thank you

Old 05-06-2008, 07:46 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by John D
I have to disagree with the comments about the V-flow adding nothing. I had mine on and off a few times when visiting the dealer for warranty work. At even the stage 2 level (ecu and exhaust) I had improved throttle response with the V-flow and the car hit harder when the turbos kicked in. Whether it was a change in the power delivery or increased power, I am not sure, but I liked the V-Flow a lot for the way it changed the car. I purchased one of the first V-Flows produced with the oiled filter and never blew an MAF in over 30,000 very spirited miles with track days included AND the original oiled filter in place. I have since gone to the Protomotive 700 intake, but would not hesitate to use the V-Flow again. I think it's a great product vs. the OEM intake.
Agreed.

I'm a Protomotive guy as well, but even I'll admit that when my car was a IA Stage 2, the V-low (with dry filter) gave me some noticeable power increases. Heck, as far as I know my Stage 2 trap speed of 126 is still the fastest ever for a K16 car.

To generically imply that the V-Flow won't add value to engines making under 600 hp is ridiculous. It'll add value at any horsepower level.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 05-06-2008 at 08:00 AM.
Old 05-06-2008, 10:48 AM
wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
To generically imply that the V-Flow won't add value to engines making under 600 hp is ridiculous. It'll add value at any horsepower level.
To generalize that the v-flow will add power at any hp is ridiculous

Old 05-06-2008, 11:00 AM
kilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to behold
I don't buy into the Vflow working.....All I ever got from it was CEL.I am sure it has worked for some.......Just not me, it was a waste of $$$, I gave it to my buddy and he also went back to stock. Dan from Vivid Racing has a new Carbon Fiber box coming out shortly, I am waiting on that one.. I cant lie its looks great.

Old 05-06-2008, 11:12 AM
Chuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond repute
John: I ran an EVO V flow on my preivous car....and it made no difference in performance at all....it did provide some pleasing sound feeback thru the filter, but that's about it.

I have never raced or built a racingn engine....so my comments were from personal observation and talking to other P car guys at the meets. Some swear by the advertised HP enhancement....but to be perfectly truthful, with all the threads on blown MAFs and other issues, I can't seem to justify spending that kind of money on a product that has a history (not with everyone) of causing problems that the stock unit doesn't cause. If it does cause a problem, you have recourse thru the dealership....but not if there's a V flow on it. I just don't see the value in taking a chance, and the pro/con comments on a number of forums would seem to bear that out. MAF's are not cheap....and Im informed that unless you're going for the big HP numbers, the stock unit can adequately handle 550 to 600 HP...

Old 05-06-2008, 11:21 AM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
wanna buy some headers to go with your air box?

Old 05-06-2008, 01:41 PM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
John, My guess is you wouldn't notice that difference with the other mods like DVs/Wastegates/tune/DGI exhaust... I know when I installed the AP box, all I got was noise, and a CEL. You might have cleaned up your throttle a little bit and felt like it was spooling quicker, but more effective mods (Like DVs/wastegates) would pay longer term benefits, and from what I've seen of the filter elements in these aftermarket boxes, the surface area for filteration isn't there... Not to mention the biggest limiting factor of all, the throat of the MAFS tube at the TB... Unless you change that size, you're sucking the same air down the same hole...

I'd have to see an independant (NON-VENDOR) dyno of a before/after of any of these boxes, because I'm not buying that it's a large gain... We'll have to agree to disagree on that one...
Mike

Old 05-06-2008, 01:43 PM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
Oak for President...

Originally Posted by oak
wanna buy some headers to go with your air box?

Old 05-06-2008, 06:44 PM
wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Mikelly
Oak for President...
Oak's too smart for president...pull my finger

Old 05-06-2008, 07:25 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
I have an EVO box on the way only because I am going to be swapping MAFs to a Ford setup. Though at the hp level i am at it should work fine although that Proto intake kit is super sexy!!!

Old 05-07-2008, 12:58 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Our Agency Power airbox has been out since October ish. We have sold 75 intakes to customers here on the forums and internationally. We have not had 1 MAF failure caused from our air intake. Out of those 75 we have had 2 returns for customers not liking them. We have a new batch being made right now which has alot better QC to make sure parts are something you will want in your 996TT. We have tested them on 3 996TT with K16's and then 2 996TT with K24's. 1 was a Tip. All cars netted big peak HP and TQ gains in the mid range RPM's. There are many prominent members on here that run our Airbox such as Tom Kerr and others who run their cars heavily on the TRACK and see results.

Also we have a new design that is being released in the next week. This box is all carbon fiber. The process to make these is a bit tougher. So first come first serve. Same performance, cooler look. It will retail at around $900 meaning street price of about $825. If interested, PM me.

Both air boxes will FINALLY have an integrated and optional purchase of a second air snorkel too.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: looking for air box system for 996tt