996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

looking for air box system for 996tt

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 10:46 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
2nd snorkel will be great on the track and street, it wont show additional dyno results though. This concept which Dixie has already proved MONTHS back is great!

Old 05-09-2008, 01:02 PM
colorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by John D
I have to disagree with the comments about the V-flow adding nothing. I had mine on and off a few times when visiting the dealer for warranty work. At even the stage 2 level (ecu and exhaust) I had improved throttle response with the V-flow and the car hit harder when the turbos kicked in. Whether it was a change in the power delivery or increased power, I am not sure, but I liked the V-Flow a lot for the way it changed the car. I purchased one of the first V-Flows produced with the oiled filter and never blew an MAF in over 30,000 very spirited miles with track days included AND the original oiled filter in place. I have since gone to the Protomotive 700 intake, but would not hesitate to use the V-Flow again. I think it's a great product vs. the OEM intake.
+1 exactly what john said

Old 05-10-2008, 08:24 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Yes as you increase power your intake is more vital as your turbo's require much more air flow to perform. The Protomotive concept is very cool. Todd should make a "kit".

Old 05-10-2008, 12:06 PM
FlyYellow is infamous around these partsFlyYellow is infamous around these parts
would a second snorkel help an evo type of intake?

Old 05-10-2008, 12:11 PM
Former Vendor
2nd snorkel cant help maf failure issues as air flow problems occur because of the "waffle" in front of the MAF keeping air laminar. It could help in directing more air on street or track to keep more air coming in instead of just the right box.

Just and FYI for those interested in ours. The carbon boxes are coming shortly at a rate of 3 per week. We will have a full PR soon. We will also have some heavily discounted blems from the first articles too.

The aluminum boxes are being made right now and will have the 2nd opening like you see Dixie made on his. The snorkel and mounting plate will be sold seperately.

Thanks.

Last edited by vividracing; 05-10-2008 at 12:17 PM.
Old 05-12-2008, 12:03 PM
Former Vendor
FlyYellow just replied to your PM. Thanks!

Old 05-30-2008, 04:54 AM
Maximus is infamous around these parts
Sign me up for one of those discounted "blem" models

Originally Posted by vividracing
2nd snorkel cant help maf failure issues as air flow problems occur because of the "waffle" in front of the MAF keeping air laminar. It could help in directing more air on street or track to keep more air coming in instead of just the right box.

Just and FYI for those interested in ours. The carbon boxes are coming shortly at a rate of 3 per week. We will have a full PR soon. We will also have some heavily discounted blems from the first articles too.

The aluminum boxes are being made right now and will have the 2nd opening like you see Dixie made on his. The snorkel and mounting plate will be sold seperately.

Thanks.

Old 05-30-2008, 09:16 AM
Former Vendor
Sorry no blems You can order online here though
http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/a...porsche+intake

Old 05-30-2008, 11:18 AM
spoonito is infamous around these parts
Can't wait to get mine and try it out!!! Dan is a great guy to deal with.