996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

looking for air box system for 996tt

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-03-2008, 01:46 PM
boca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really nice
looking for air box system for 996tt

need some feedback on what intake system seems to work the best for a 996tt tiptronic.. I know there are a lot of different brands out there... but can anyone suggest on which to look at..

Old 05-03-2008, 06:23 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
S car go Carbon fiber

Old 05-03-2008, 06:27 PM
boca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really nice
I dont know what you mean by that ?

Old 05-03-2008, 06:33 PM
wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !
S-Car-Gois the supplier. Carbon fiber is the material. I've got the Sportec (Swiss Tuner).

Old 05-03-2008, 10:34 PM
ard
ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !
Unless you are making major upgrades (turbos, flash, diverters, exhaust, headers, FPL,etc), the stock system is fine.

Old 05-03-2008, 11:25 PM
Chuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond repute
Agree with Ard...if you're not shooting for 600 HP or more, the factory filter works just fine...save your money.

Old 05-04-2008, 06:37 AM
jcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond repute
I have been told the same by a few tuners.....I like Dixie's tubing solution at present....see his thread (search on the word "invented" I think).

JB

Old 05-04-2008, 07:38 AM
what I was looking to upgrade on my car is the following: exhaust system, diverter valves, air box system,ecu reflash... so do you think I need the air box system or leave it stock? I heard you gain 10 to 15 hp with evo v-flo system..? not true?

thanks

Old 05-04-2008, 07:40 AM
robmd is that your car photo? If so have anymore would love to see .. I like the front nose and your color of the car.. chuckjones you also... love the blue 996tt's

Old 05-04-2008, 09:49 AM
Boulder GT3 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by boca996tt
what I was looking to upgrade on my car is the following: exhaust system, diverter valves, air box system,ecu reflash... so do you think I need the air box system or leave it stock? I heard you gain 10 to 15 hp with evo v-flo system..? not true?

thanks
I've got an EVO system on Ebay right now. The big knock on them is MAF problems although I never had an issue. I do think it makes (I had dyno charts on my car) more power but it was all near the top of the the rev range IIRC. It does add a fair amount of intake noise which you may or may not like. I put the stock air box back on because of the noise. The other systems look better but it seems pretty mixed on if any of them make much more power. The CF ones are pricey but great to look at. Have fun with the mods.

Old 05-04-2008, 11:40 AM
Banned
cfi_luz is infamous around these parts
What type of intake noise? Typical intake sound or more audible turbo spool?

Old 05-04-2008, 12:59 PM
Chuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond repute
Seems like a lot of money to spend getting annoying increased feedback noise thru the intake, potentially spending more money on blown MAFs....and for what? Whereas those carbon fibre intakes might look spiffy...do you run around with the trunk lid open so folks can see your $1200 CF box? Bottom line is that the factory one works just great, comes with the car, filters are cheap and easy to find....so what's the big hype? Under 600 HP there's no performance advantage at all. Save the money for gas...you're going to need it.

Old 05-05-2008, 02:53 PM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
Chuck Jones for President...

Originally Posted by Chuck Jones
Seems like a lot of money to spend getting annoying increased feedback noise thru the intake, potentially spending more money on blown MAFs....and for what? Whereas those carbon fibre intakes might look spiffy...do you run around with the trunk lid open so folks can see your $1200 CF box? Bottom line is that the factory one works just great, comes with the car, filters are cheap and easy to find....so what's the big hype? Under 600 HP there's no performance advantage at all. Save the money for gas...you're going to need it.

Old 05-05-2008, 05:03 PM
John D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to behold
I have to disagree with the comments about the V-flow adding nothing. I had mine on and off a few times when visiting the dealer for warranty work. At even the stage 2 level (ecu and exhaust) I had improved throttle response with the V-flow and the car hit harder when the turbos kicked in. Whether it was a change in the power delivery or increased power, I am not sure, but I liked the V-Flow a lot for the way it changed the car. I purchased one of the first V-Flows produced with the oiled filter and never blew an MAF in over 30,000 very spirited miles with track days included AND the original oiled filter in place. I have since gone to the Protomotive 700 intake, but would not hesitate to use the V-Flow again. I think it's a great product vs. the OEM intake.

Old 05-05-2008, 06:39 PM
wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !
John, glad yours worked...mine was a disaster and after removed I have had no problems...so for our sample size of 2 you have a 50/50 chance...poor odds IMO.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: looking for air box system for 996tt