996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

k24/18g vs Garretts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-10-2008, 05:45 AM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
From my view point the 24/18 have less lag than the 28's.Sean and I raced about 5 times all leading to the same result,my car put about 1 -1 1/2 car lengths each time.To be fair Sean did have a passenger.I am very happy w/ my proto setup. MGS996tt I have the stock fuel system.

Last edited by PAULIEWALNUTS; 05-10-2008 at 05:50 AM.
Old 05-10-2008, 06:37 AM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
I all most forgot it looked like Sean's passenger was videoing the event in Mexico,maybe Sean will post it for everyone to see and judge the outcome. Come on Sean that way there is no disputing the car length win difference.

Old 05-10-2008, 07:15 AM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by rafiki
Thanks for sharing...great to see results of diff tuners going head to head.

Are the cars similar in weight?
Did you get a jump on him as you expected?

Is Paulie's 14k only comprise of turbos headers, exhaust and tune, or does it have additional components?
I have about 110 lbs of stereo equipment and I also had a passenger plus a full tank of gas so I was carrying close to an extra 300 lbs. At the same weight it would probably cancel out the half to 3/4 length Paulie was pulling on me. I also let him get the jump on every run except one. if we both hit the accelerator at the same time I would get the jump because the GT 28's spool instantaneously. They have absolutely no lag (which is why they are phenomenal on the track, IMO).

However Paulie's set up consistently pulls harder up top. What is truly amazing is that yes, his set up is simply turbos headers, exhaust and tune, while mine consists of 3 times the upgrades at twice the cost. You simply can't beat the bang for the buck, especially is your car already has the K 24's (like a GT2 or an X 50).

Joe, I am going to contact turbo-performance.com to upgrade the GT 28 turbines/compressor? Paulie's gloating is really becoming intolerable

Last edited by Dr_jitsu; 05-10-2008 at 07:24 AM.
Old 05-10-2008, 07:28 AM
996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute
Cmon man, you know you got smoked.

Only Joking, before you bite my head off!

Old 05-10-2008, 07:33 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Congrats guys!

It is fun to see actual results (even with excuses...LOL).
I had similar results alongside Parasole Paulie, he would get slight jump and I could not
catch him and I had large passenger with me leaving Hennessey's place at TX2K8.
I will be very curious to see Paulie's 60-130 mph (1 shift) as compared to Dr. Jitsu's.
My car is not quite at full boost at 60 mph thus my 2 shift time (6.9 sec) to Dr. Jit's
6.68 (1 shift). Paulies Car is really fast and I believe it would take my buddies
GT2 (The esteemed (banned) S-351, who has some conglomeration of Speed Gallery
650-700 kit) !! Amazing for Turbos, exhaust, and tune on Paulies car, Wow!

MK

Old 05-10-2008, 07:35 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Paulie,

Please take this to the TX MILE in October and do us proud.
This would be a great run for you Jitsu, and Dr. Joe (as well as the underpowered EC Lou (LOL!!).

mK

Old 05-10-2008, 07:39 AM
996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute
To be honest, that's a bit of extra weight he is carrying, I know when I take a passenger out on track it can be a big difference.

Old 05-10-2008, 08:18 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
i just want to comment on the word mangina that Dr. Jitsu used.... thank you, have added it to daily cut downs of friends

Old 05-10-2008, 09:04 AM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Ah yes, the Mangina.

It is a recent evolutionary development that is the result of pollution, fast food, the feminist and political correctness movement, and the popularity of Grey's Anatomy.

Marty, I have noticed a concurrent increase in the number of Manginas and Gunts? Causally related?

Last edited by Dr_jitsu; 05-10-2008 at 09:06 AM. Reason: Gunt=Huge Gut and *unt. Large supply at Wal-mart
Old 05-10-2008, 09:44 AM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
LMAO.... sean your comments kill me ...

how much boost were you guys running ??

Old 05-10-2008, 11:41 AM
drjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
Paulie,

Please take this to the TX MILE in October and do us proud.
This would be a great run for you Jitsu, and Dr. Joe (as well as the underpowered EC Lou (LOL!!).

mK

hmmm... I already did the mile and ran 176...but i was in stock wastegates, stock headers, stock intake, so i have room for improvement...

Old 05-10-2008, 01:18 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
The only racing ive got to do is against time to get to the ranch. I think paul will have me covered on pump gas due to my lag but we will see. I get my vflow monday and hopefuly my proto maf soon. I dont like losing....... now I just need to take a few hundred pounds out of the car and I'll be good!!!

-Chris from iphone in the middle of no where lol

Old 05-10-2008, 01:27 PM
Hi my name is Sean blah blah blah.I have 240 lbs of fat *** in my car big deal.

Old 05-10-2008, 01:41 PM
^^^^
l
LOL!!

Old 05-10-2008, 01:55 PM
MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
I have about 110 lbs of stereo equipment and I also had a passenger plus a full tank of gas so I was carrying close to an extra 300 lbs. At the same weight it would probably cancel out the half to 3/4 length Paulie was pulling on me. I also let him get the jump on every run except one. if we both hit the accelerator at the same time I would get the jump because the GT 28's spool instantaneously. They have absolutely no lag (which is why they are phenomenal on the track, IMO).

However Paulie's set up consistently pulls harder up top. What is truly amazing is that yes, his set up is simply turbos headers, exhaust and tune, while mine consists of 3 times the upgrades at twice the cost. You simply can't beat the bang for the buck, especially is your car already has the K 24's (like a GT2 or an X 50).

Joe, I am going to contact turbo-performance.com to upgrade the GT 28 turbines/compressor? Paulie's gloating is really becoming intolerable
Sorry for the interruption with the conversations; I totally agree with Dr_jitsu, I have a GT28 hybrid and drove a little harder for the first time yesterday. Totally no lag.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: k24/18g vs Garretts